NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mark Andrews 2020 Outlook

26 minutes ago, rasrar said:

Yeah, I'm speaking on the snap count disparity from Week 1 to Week 2.

Week 1:  Andrews- 42/59 snaps (71%)

Week 2:  Andrews 38/65 snaps (58%)

I think he could end up as the TE1 if he keeps his snap rate high, which is why I'm curious why it was so low in Week 2. Nick Boyle even out-snapped him. Any insight on why that may have been the case?

Yeah, I totally read "W1 to W2" as "WR1 to WR2". Lol. 

As for the reason...I'd like to hear from someone who could watch the game, but isn't Boyle more of a blocking TE? Maybe it had to do with the fact that LJax only threw 24 passes compared to the 37 team runs and Boyle was needed more as a blocker? Just spit-balling. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What were you saying?

Would not surprise me he will be in the same tier as Kittle and Kelce soon

23 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Yeah, I totally read "W1 to W2" as "WR1 to WR2". Lol. 

As for the reason...I'd like to hear from someone who could watch the game, but isn't Boyle more of a blocking TE? Maybe it had to do with the fact that LJax only threw 24 passes compared to the 37 team runs and Boyle was needed more as a blocker? Just spit-balling. 

Texans really struggled against the run that game. Ravens RBs combined for 176 rushing yards (with Lamar adding an extra 50)

It seemed like their game plan was to lean heavily on the rush attack, and if it wasn’t they must have identified the Texans weak run defense early on and exploited it.

I’m not too worried about the snap count given the higher rush percentage. Andrews should remain the primary end zone target.

Edited by JDE
  • Like 1

He struggled tonight. Dropped a pass that hit both hands over the middle late in the 2ndQ. It would have been a very good catch, but it hit both hands. Then he flat dropped the ball on the last play before the half. And then dropped a TD. Better days ahead. 

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, Evincar said:

2 bad weeks in a row. Good buy low candidate?

Absolutely with two bad weeks in a row.  Horrible week for Lamar and really should have had a long TD anyways.  He's still the number one receiving option.

1 hour ago, Evincar said:

2 bad weeks in a row. Good buy low candidate?

1. He plays like half the snaps. It’s been a little more this year but even last week it was 58%.
2. He’s on a run first team. An extremely run first team at that.
3. From week 3 on he wasn’t even a top 5 TE last season.

So depends on what you view as buy low. Dude was over drafted by a country mile this year regardless of this week. In reality he’s in the pack with TEs that were going WAY later. 

Edited by Gohawks
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, Gohawks said:

1. He plays like half the snaps. It’s been a little more this year but even last week it was 58%.

So depends on what you view as buy low. Dude was over drafted by a country mile this year regardless of this week. In reality he’s in the pack with TEs that were going WAY later. 

yuuuup

8 hours ago, Gohawks said:

When very smart people make posts like this, then you officially have confirmation that he is a realistic buy low now.

Was nervous about this matchup due to them running and not enough targets to go around. Very happy with the results though. Only thing I could cry about maybe is the targets. If this dude got 7-8+ a game he'd be maybe the #1 TE. 

happy he showed up. Had to bench jonnu due to covid. He will need to keep converting the redzone opportunities. Need Lamar to keep improving as everything hinges on lamar's play at this point without reliable target floor

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

His TD rate is unsustainable. He’s not going to finish with 16 TD, so he certainly needs to find more receptions. His current rec-yd pace is not acceptable. 

He had 10TDs last year, more than any other TE. This is what he does. He's not Waller - loads of targets but few TDs. He's not Jared Cook - loads of TDs but few targets. He's a bit of both, which in this offense is potentially great. Will probably average 7 or so targets, and I'd back him to get 10 TDs if he stays fit...and unless Dobbins explodes then why not more? Lamar's going to run a few in, but if he's passing the ball deep in the RZ then he'll be looking for Andrews more often than not.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

He had 10TDs last year, more than any other TE. This is what he does. He's not Waller - loads of targets but few TDs. He's not Jared Cook - loads of TDs but few targets. He's a bit of both, which in this offense is potentially great. Will probably average 7 or so targets, and I'd back him to get 10 TDs if he stays fit...and unless Dobbins explodes then why not more? Lamar's going to run a few in, but if he's passing the ball deep in the RZ then he'll be looking for Andrews more often than not.

Yeah, I’m aware that he had 10 TD last year. He also had 64-852, two marks he’s far off thus far this year. I say again, he won’t score 16 TD, and he will have to up his rec-yd. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Yeah, I’m aware that he had 10 TD last year. He also had 64-852, two marks he’s far off thus far this year. I say again, he won’t score 16 TD, and he will have to up his rec-yd. 

Of course, but it's only four games in. I think it will come. 64 catches would mean 16 in the first four games - four per game. He's had 12 - three per game. He's not all that far off. He had 16 catches in the first two games last year too, FWIW.

I'm not concerned. Are you?

The yards will come. It is a bit concerning but it could be much worst. The guy is a TD machine. It’s also not just on him but lamar isn’t passing that much. He had less than 200 yards passing this game. Andrews got about 30% of that. Lamar had less than 100 yards passing against the chiefs. You have to assume that’s going to improve as the season goes on.

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, fruitjacket said:

While I'd like to see 45 and 1 TD every week, I'll take 4 TD's over 4 weeks.

Anybody who biches about that, doesn't know what they're talking about.

his great games are week winners and he gets the red zone looks. Might not always be there but he's better than a lot of other TE options right now

4 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

His TD rate is unsustainable. He’s not going to finish with 16 TD, so he certainly needs to find more receptions. His current rec-yd pace is not acceptable. 

He dropped a TD last week. 

This is an offense that is going to consistently be in the red zone. And he's Lamar favorite target. 

10+ TD's is a lock.

• Like 1