NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Mark Andrews 2020 Outlook

Flyman75

51 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Andrews is the very definition of boom-or-bust. And Indy has been very good against TEs, so it's going to be tough to start him next week. 

I dont see how you can bench someone like Andrews unless you have someone like Hockenson as your backup.

6 hours ago, TroutFister said:

i warned you all and you mocked me. this guy is no better than a waiver fodder tight end. feels good man

You act like there’s a bunch of productivity coming out of the TE position. It’s a very volatile position. Outside of Kelce every TE will have weeks they bust. Even Kittle look at his past 4 games. You can say he busted in 3/4 of those. Waller 28 yards this week. Jonnu Smith was playing well now all duds past 3 weeks. Who are you going to play over this guy that will give you a 2 TD upside potential any given week outside of kelce? For anyone that drafted him for the volume that was never his role in this offense. His role is scoring TDs and he’s going to have some off weeks. It is what it is. But welcome to the TE position.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

You act like there’s a bunch of productivity coming out of the TE position. It’s a very volatile position. Outside of Kelce every TE will have weeks they bust. Even Kittle look at his past 4 games. You can say he busted in 3/4 of those. Waller 28 yards this week. Jonnu Smith was playing well now all duds past 3 weeks. Who are you going to play over this guy that will give you a 2 TD upside potential any given week outside of kelce? For anyone that drafted him for the volume that was never his role in this offense. His role is scoring TDs and he’s going to have some off weeks. It is what it is. But welcome to the TE position.

You made it seem like andrews is some special kind of talent an warranted his draft position. WRONG. But I like how you concede my point that andrews is waiver fodder, proving that i was right. I traded andrews weeks ago and been streaming the position and getting more accumulated pts from the TE position than sticking with andrews like he's a star and being all like "whoa is me....tight ends are volatile". Right, andrews has 2 td upside, he can also get you like 3 pts. Shall we call tonyan a 3 td upside guy? The pt is there's a myriad of tight ends available on the wire that can conceivably get you MORE pts than andrews every week, maybe if you did research, looked into matchups you'd be able to optimize pts from this position instead of stubbornly sticking to a boom bust player and then get triggered online whenever someone correctly calls out your piss poor strategy. 

Edited by TroutFister

9 minutes ago, TroutFister said:

You made it seem like andrews is some special kind of talent an warranted his draft position. WRONG. But I like how you concede my point that andrews is waiver fodder, proving that i was right. I traded andrews weeks ago and been streaming the position and getting more accumulated pts from the TE position than sticking with andrews like he's a star and being all like "whoa is me....tight ends are volatile". Right, andrews has 2 td upside, he can also get you like 3 pts. Shall we call tonyan a 3 td upside guy? The pt is there's a myriad of tight ends available on the wire that can conceivably get you MORE pts than andrews every week, maybe if you did research, looked into matchups you'd be able to optimize pts from this position instead of stubbornly sticking to a boom bust player and then get triggered online whenever someone correctly calls out your piss poor strategy. 

I never once said Andrews is some special talent. But he’s far from a waiver TE. And tonyan is probably the only undrafted TE that has had two TDs or more in a game. Who else are you going to play to give you two TD upside every week from waivers? You still haven’t answered my question and keep bringing up tonyan lol. Keep researching your TE matchups. I’m sure you do incredible with that strategy. Maybe you should play the lotto too and make millions! Who needs a day job lol. 

Edited by StevenSC400

17 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

I never once said Andrews is some special talent. But he’s far from a waiver TE. And tonyan is probably the only undrafted TE that has had two TDs or more in a game. Who else are you going to play to give you two TD upside every week from waivers? You still haven’t answered my question and keep bringing up tonyan lol. Keep researching your TE matchups. I’m sure you do incredible with that strategy. Maybe you should play the lotto too and make millions! Who needs a day job lol. 

keep praying for those 2 tds games on 4 targets...seems like its you that's playing the lotto. 

46 minutes ago, TroutFister said:

Certain players are volatile ceiling plays, and some are just more reliable and consistent. Unfortunately, Andrews has been very volatile due to the lack of passing volume in Baltimore. However, the fact remains, he’s currently top 5 in TE points on the year even though he has had a bye. Might speak more to the TE landscape this year, but Andrews is a must start every week TE1. Same as Lockett who has had 6 points or less in 3 of his past 4 games, you should never bench him because the blowup games are coming. 

Gonna find it very hard to bench him still. There's other options sure but none that can do the same damage if given the opportunity. I'm maybe more hopeful and gonna bank on Lamar fixing things. The coaching staff has got to see that he needs to use his 3 biggest weapons more often in Andrews Hollywood and Dobbins. 

1 hour ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Gonna find it very hard to bench him still. There's other options sure but none that can do the same damage if given the opportunity. I'm maybe more hopeful and gonna bank on Lamar fixing things. The coaching staff has got to see that he needs to use his 3 biggest weapons more often in Andrews Hollywood and Dobbins. 

The problem is that they are winning games, have a solid defense, and the OC Greg Roman is a completely stubborn donkey that is unwilling to adapt.

They've had many weeks to change (along with a bye) or fix things with Lamar. I don't see it happening.

11 minutes ago, JediMasters said:

Goeddert on waiver, thinking about benching MA if I can get him.

Exactly what I'm doing this week. I scoped him up and will be playing in place of Andrews this upcoming week. Enough is enough.

Edited by gmoneypm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JediMasters said:

Goeddert on waiver, thinking about benching MA if I can get him.

Do it, man. I picked up Goedert a while back, and benched Andrews for Gronk last week despite Andrews being back from his bye. Plan to play Goedert this week. I still think that you can roll Andrews out as a TE with serious upside, but if you can find a guy with more targets then go for it.