NBC Sports Edge Forums

12 team redraft h2h 5x5

1. give blackmon and goldy

get arenado

like getting the superstar but lose out on roster flexibility and position. no real outfield depth. shouldnt be that hard to work around in time for season

2. give max, blackmon, wheeler

get yelich, bauer, kluber

basically max and blackmon for bauer and yelich

3. more lateral but think i get value

give goldy and nola

get donaldson and bieber

my team

c w smith

1b goldy

2b moose

3b jo ram

ss lindor

of blackmon

of eloy

of robles

util c santana (1b)

util senzel

bench- shogo, tucker, adell, carlson

sp max, nola, carrasco, wheeler, montas, folty, mckay, pearson, richards

Edited by colepenhagen

Not crazy about option 1. I like option 2 for sure, and combined with Option 3 which I view as a straight win, represents a nice series of moves. You're dumping two major injury question marks in Scherzer and Goldy. Sure Donaldson is old, but the move back to the AL comes at the right time. After Nelson Cruz is gone he'll be at 1B and Sano will DH, or vice versa, so I think he can have another 3 more years of production. I'm not sure why everyone projects immediate decline for him, I think he's peaking while Goldy is going the opposite direction. Way better lineup in MI, too.

Bieber isn't as good as Scherzer sure, but he's ace material. Getting Yelich makes your team a monster in the SB category heads up. You don't have to rely on Senzel, and using Carlos Santana at 1B isn't a bad option. You could try to move Senzel for an outfielder with 1B eligibility maybe for a backup there? Gotta move one of those backup OFers for backup IF help. 

Edited by Richard Kimble
2 hours ago, Richard Kimble said:

Not crazy about option 1. I like option 2 for sure, and combined with Option 3 which I view as a straight win, represents a nice series of moves. You're dumping two major injury question marks in Scherzer and Goldy. Sure Donaldson is old, but the move back to the AL comes at the right time. After Nelson Cruz is gone he'll be at 1B and Sano will DH, or vice versa, so I think he can have another 3 more years of production. I'm not sure why everyone projects immediate decline for him, I think he's peaking while Goldy is going the opposite direction. Way better lineup in MI, too.

Bieber isn't as good as Scherzer sure, but he's ace material. Getting Yelich makes your team a monster in the SB category heads up. You don't have to rely on Senzel, and using Carlos Santana at 1B isn't a bad option. You could try to move Senzel for an outfielder with 1B eligibility maybe for a backup there? Gotta move one of those backup OFers for backup IF help. 

You don’t think that trading 2 declining hitters who are going almost entirely based on name value for an elite 3B is an easy win for him?

Goldy batted .260/.346/.476 last year and was declining annually. Blackmon is now down to 2 SB’s a year though he did bat a good .314/.364/.576 last year.  Still Arenado is the best here: .315/.379/.583.

JD is 34, already in decline, has recently missed considerable time with injuries and is moving to a pitcher’s park. I think it’s more likely he crashes then that he is a quality fantasy contributor going forward.

Part of this puzzle is you can't make all the moves together, which is why pulling the trigger on 2 and 3 makes sense to me. You can't get Yelich if you get Arenado, and with JoRam already at 3rd, upgrading to the best OFer makes more sense. Like I said, all those extra OF types on the back of your bench are clogging things up. Particularly because it's a redraft, I see little to no value in holding Jo Adell if he's taking a bench spot; Carlson has a better forecast but you can probably do better just having someone logging at bats or innings once the season starts. You can wait till we know when that is. 

2 hours ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

You don’t think that trading 2 declining hitters who are going almost entirely based on name value for an elite 3B is an easy win for him?

Goldy batted .260/.346/.476 last year and was declining annually. Blackmon is now down to 2 SB’s a year though he did bat a good .314/.364/.576 last year.  Still Arenado is the best here: .315/.379/.583.

JD is 34, already in decline, has recently missed considerable time with injuries and is moving to a pitcher’s park. I think it’s more likely he crashes then that he is a quality fantasy contributor going forward.

I value Blackmon still as a very reliable contributor. I would not be surprised at all if he and Goldy went back to swiping a handful of bags this year, but losing that part of their game doesn't make their production less tangible. Blackmon in particular is one of best BA players out there. You'll be disappointed in a .300 avg from him. Goldy on the other hand, I don't like the injury risk right now and want nothing to do with him.

Despite this, I really think trade 1 is a loss itself, due to OP's roster construction (Arenado takes the UTIL spot but Santana takes Goldy's place, which backup OFer you want to play everyday? hard to say) and I really stress that he would miss out on a better deal to bring in Yelich. Since you clearly have no preference between Goldy and Donaldson, who do you prefer, Yelich or Arenado? Do you want to have patience as to which of those OFers is going to be the best? Cuz making the Yelich deal makes them all expendable for better pieces. He can field offers on Akiyama, Tucker, those guys have some hype right now.

Hold onto Blackmon & Goldy counter, and move a mt for Arenado in a new deal. 

Again keep Blackmon, flip those other two players for Yelich & an INF.

Stay put with Goldy. Move that other player straight up for only Donaldson. 

3 hours ago, Richard Kimble said:

Part of this puzzle is you can't make all the moves together, which is why pulling the trigger on 2 and 3 makes sense to me. You can't get Yelich if you get Arenado, and with JoRam already at 3rd, upgrading to the best OFer makes more sense. Like I said, all those extra OF types on the back of your bench are clogging things up. Particularly because it's a redraft, I see little to no value in holding Jo Adell if he's taking a bench spot; Carlson has a better forecast but you can probably do better just having someone logging at bats or innings once the season starts. You can wait till we know when that is. 

I value Blackmon still as a very reliable contributor. I would not be surprised at all if he and Goldy went back to swiping a handful of bags this year, but losing that part of their game doesn't make their production less tangible. Blackmon in particular is one of best BA players out there. You'll be disappointed in a .300 avg from him. Goldy on the other hand, I don't like the injury risk right now and want nothing to do with him.

Despite this, I really think trade 1 is a loss itself, due to OP's roster construction (Arenado takes the UTIL spot but Santana takes Goldy's place, which backup OFer you want to play everyday? hard to say) and I really stress that he would miss out on a better deal to bring in Yelich. Since you clearly have no preference between Goldy and Donaldson, who do you prefer, Yelich or Arenado? Do you want to have patience as to which of those OFers is going to be the best? Cuz making the Yelich deal makes them all expendable for better pieces. He can field offers on Akiyama, Tucker, those guys have some hype right now.

I agree with you on him being better off with Yelich over Arenado and how his lineup is going to look.