NBC Sports Edge Forums

** Blackmon for Mondesi and Ozuna. Who wins this trade? WHIR!! **

I receive: Mondessi and Ozuna

i give: Blackmon

my hitters are loaded. I rank first in most hitting categories as i went with the Marmol strategy. Im middle of the pack with SB.

this is a H2H categories league, redraft.

thanks fellas. Leave your questions!

1 hour ago, Richard Kimble said:

Take the offer. Who are you bencing at SS?

Who cares?

Blackmon has become all name.

No legs, can't hit on road, mia 2nd half.

Ozuna better by himself.

Mondesi makes this trade vetoable.

Just now, HOOTIE said:

Who cares?

Blackmon has become all name.

No legs, can't hit on road, mia 2nd half.

Ozuna better by himself.

Mondesi makes this trade vetoable.

If he's sitting Jorge Polanco or better it kinda matters, though you can still work him in there. Not vetoable.

Just now, Richard Kimble said:

If he's sitting Jorge Polanco or better it kinda matters, though you can still work him in there. Not vetoable.

Mondesi for nothing, I would be very unhappy, as another owner.

Who cares if he has lindor at ss.

That's what trades are for.

I certainly wouldn't be happy but absent any evidence of collusion there's not much you can do. Blackmon is still the best player in this deal, though I agree Ozuna is really undervalued here and Mondesi is like a freeroll. What do you think that package is realistically worth, if you had to pick another player? Is it worth JD Martinez? Maybe not, how about George Springer? Gleyber Torres? Hard to say, but if you're ok with one of those, there isn't a huge difference to Blackmon.

Thanks fellas. Ended up pulling the trigger. I dont understand the hate for Blackmon (decline, he's all name, etc)

dont really see any signs of decline. Hard to find another 4 category stud like Blackmon who is that consistent in that ballpark. 

i traded him because i do love the upside of Mondesi, he could put up Trea Turner numbers. And Ozuna in that ATL lineup, i really like. I needed the SB boost.

with COL - they are deep everywhere. I think the only person who doesnt see a lot of rest days is Arenado (who i have). Their OF is deep and i think they'll use a mix of Blackmon, Dahl, Tapia, Hillard, Hampson, Desmond - to keep everyone healthy and the Rockies are a headache. I love Blackmon in that ballpark though...

14 minutes ago, blgmike2 said:

I dont understand the hate for Blackmon (decline, he's all name, etc)

dont really see any signs of decline. 

2 sb, none after April

1st half 20 hrs

2nd 12

1st half 67 runs

2nd 45

1st half 57 rbis

2nd half 29

.731 road ops

Hes lead boots now, with his bat dropping, and does very little half the time, road

• Like 1

I agree, Blackmon is steady as they come. You can take a .300 BA to the bank, i'll take the over on 2 SBs...seriously...and he's still providing 100+ runs and 30 hrs while approaching 90 rbis. Fantasy money. Even if he tails off 10% of those stats he's still a great value.

That said, I love this deal for you. Ozuna had a horrible BABIP last year, and now slotting into Donaldson's old spot, can drive in 110 with 35 hrs and chip in a few steals as well. His BA should rise too, and he really could hit anywhere from .270-.300, depending on his luck. He's not far behind Blackmon in fantasy, and is a better real life player, to clarify. Mondesi only has to be good as last year for you to come out ahead, but hopefully he has better health with the extra time off.

• Like 1