get paddack, glasnow, acuna, edwin

sp max, nola, carrasco, wheeler, montas, folty, mckay, pearson, richards

Edited by colepenhagen
38 minutes ago, HOOTIE said:

You cant make this trade fast enough

Lead boots Blackmon

Glasnow will be a cy contender

Love paddack as well

Glasnow is a huge wildcard this year with his health. Paddack has some of the worst peripherals and pitches of any “ace”. Sorry have to disagree with you here. 

4 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

12 team 5x5 redraft

feel like this really hurts my sp

give max, nola, blackmon, goldy

As good as Acuna is, you’re giving up way too much.

I would do it. You gotta give up a lot to get the top guy in all of fantasy. This is fair and you’re not losing out too much pitching wise to make this deal. I say do it.

5 hours ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

Glasnow is a huge wildcard this year with his health. Paddack has some of the worst peripherals and pitches of any “ace”. Sorry have to disagree with you here. 

As good as Acuna is, you’re giving up way too much.

A declining blackmon?

A declining goldy?

A 35 year old pitcher, with innings declining with dl stints

That's not too much

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

Paddack and NOLA have virtually the same fip and xfip

Even your steamer crowd has paddack and NOLA a push.

A slight downgrade max to glasnow

On 3/31/2020 at 11:39 PM, HOOTIE said:

A declining blackmon?

A declining goldy?

A 35 year old pitcher, with innings declining with dl stints

That's not too much

On 3/31/2020 at 11:57 PM, HOOTIE said:

It‘s a redraft not a dynasty though. You’re 100% right about Blackmon/Goldy/Scherzer but they should all be solid this season. 

Nola has a significantly better pitching arsenal then “1 good pitch“ Paddack and his last year was a fluke, look at his past years:

Nola 4.78 ERA 3.08 FIP 3.08 xFIP

Paddack  in the Minors

Nola 3.54 ERA 3.27 FIP 3.38 xFIP

Paddack in the Minors

Nola 2.37 ERA 3.01 FIP 3.21 xFIP

Paddack Minors

Nola 3.87 ERA 4.03 FIP 3.82 xFIP

Paddack 3.33 ERA 3.95 FIP 4.05 xFIP

Nola has been very good every year until last. Paddack only had 1 not really impressive season. Nola’s highest BB/9 before 2019 was 2.63 in 2018. His BB/9 in 2019 was 3.56. I think it’s dropping back down. 

Edited by Thenewwildone8
  • Like 1

Dude even in a redraft this isn't too much for Acuna

Yes, losing Max hurts but Acuna is the #1 overall player

Paddack and Nola aren't really that much different. Call that a push

Glasnow is risky but he has upside

Blackmon is solid but old and could very well fall off the map this year

Goldy - way past his prime and you can find a bat of his caliber pretty easily

You're stressing over losing guys like Goldy, Blackmon but finding guys that are near their level is easy. Fantasy has breakouts every year. There's not player that will come out of nowhere that will challenge 40/40 like Acuna can

Help with mine?

On 3/31/2020 at 1:05 PM, colepenhagen said:

12 team 5x5 redraft

feel like this really hurts my sp

give max, nola, blackmon, goldy

I would make the trade in a heartbeat

On 3/31/2020 at 11:57 PM, HOOTIE said:

A slight downgrade from Scherzer to Glasnow?  Have to disagree with you there.  Glasnow has never pitched more than 110 some odd innings in a season in his career and has a history of injuries  Talking about him as being in the same general vicinity as Scherzer is a stretch imo.  Yes the potential is there, but you do not trade established studs for potential imo.  You trade it for reality, esp. at the beginning of the season. 

As to the trade, you can debate it.  I am not a big fan of it.  The Op gets Acuna, but gives up Scherzer.  Loses an aging and declining  Blackmon and Goldschmidt and a disappointing (to say the least) Nola and gets a couple of SPs who have some high ceilings and Edwin.  Basically a push at best imo.  It is sort of buying into the abilities of PAddack and Glasnow for established and older players on the decline.  Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't.

19 minutes ago, secretagentman said:

A slight downgrade from Scherzer to Glasnow?  Have to disagree with you there.  Glasnow has never pitched more than 110 some odd innings in a season in his career and has a history of injuries  Talking about him as being in the same general vicinity as Scherzer is a stretch imo.  Yes the potential is there, but you do not trade established studs for potential imo.  You trade it for reality, esp. at the beginning of the season. 

As to the trade, you can debate it.  I am not a big fan of it.  The Op gets Acuna, but gives up Scherzer.  Loses an aging and declining  Blackmon and Goldschmidt and a disappointing (to say the least) Nola and gets a couple of SPs who have some high ceilings and Edwin.  Basically a push at best imo.  It is sort of buying into the abilities of PAddack and Glasnow for established and older players on the decline.  Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't.

For the price of the best player in fantasy, totally worth it. Also, if there is baseball to be played at all this year, Glasnow's IP limit or supposed lack of stamina is a non-factor now. At most SPs will probably pitch 100 IP this season is what it's shaping up to be

thought this was a massive overpay

way i see it nola =paddack (could debate either way) goldy= glasnow

so max 1st rd and blackmon 3rfd rd for acuna 1st rd and edwin even if you really like him hes nothing more than a top 150-175 overall player

37 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

thought this was a massive overpay

way i see it nola =paddack (could debate either way) goldy= glasnow

so max 1st rd and blackmon 3rfd rd for acuna 1st rd and edwin even if you really like him hes nothing more than a top 150-175 overall player

So you didn't take the offer?

Make the deal ASAP for Acuna...MAx is no longer 1st round talent so easy trade for me

10 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

would you trade your 1st and 3rd for acuna and 13-16 rd pick?

value is awful

You dont like the offer. It's your offer, not mine. That's fine you dont like it.

I would take it, if it was offered to me.

I dont care about rounds. 

Max is good. But hes 35, and had 170 innings. Injury bug a concern now.

Paddack threw 30 less innings, and was on a innings limit.

EE, in 50 less games then goldy, almost matched him.

Blackmon no longer runs.

His value has dropped. Not to mention a suspect 2nd half.

Max, NOLA beats paddack glasnow. But I think it's closer then others.

Acuna, EE, blow goldy, Blackmon away

• Like 1
4 hours ago, UberRebel said:

For the price of the best player in fantasy, totally worth it. Also, if there is baseball to be played at all this year, Glasnow's IP limit or supposed lack of stamina is a non-factor now. At most SPs will probably pitch 100 IP this season is what it's shaping up to be

You can debate Acuna over Trout, but that is another matter.  Elite pitching is in far greater demand then elite hitting these past 2-3 years.  It is not like it used to be 6-7 years ago where you could let your SPs slide and go for hitting early.  Acuna is elite, so is Scherzer.  Replacing Scherzer is problematic at best with the likes of Glassnow and Paddack.  And what they do this year (if there is even a season) is sort of moot in a keeper as one has to still base the decision on 2021 value and beyond at this point. 

I have no problem trading Scherzer for Acuna straight up or with some complementary parts thrown in if that is what someone wants to do.  Doing so on the assumption that Glasnow is somehow going to be your sure fire replacement is dubious at best imo.  The guy has not proven he can even stay on the field let alone pitch at an elite level for an extended period of time.  Time will tell obviously.  2 years ago people were calling Severino the next coming based off one good half a season.  Now, he is being released in all but the deepest of keepers, heading for a long term absence.  There simply is no way to know.

3 minutes ago, secretagentman said:

And what they do this year (if there is even a season) is sort of moot in a keeper as one has to still base the decision on 2021 value and beyond at this point. 

This is a redraft, so what they do this year is actually all that matters. 2021 is irrelevant. Even if it were relevant, doubly more reason to take this as Scherzer, Blackmon, Goldy are the three oldest players in this deal as opposed to Acuna/Paddack/Glasnow who are all under 30

4 minutes ago, secretagentman said:

Elite pitching is in far greater demand then elite hitting these past 2-3 years.  It is not like it used to be 6-7 years ago where you could let your SPs slide and go for hitting early.  Acuna is elite, so is Scherzer.  Replacing Scherzer is problematic at best with the likes of Glassnow and Paddack. 

Elite pitching may be in far greater demand, but there's a reason why Rd 1 ADPs is mostly hitters - SPs (yes, even the older established ones) are on average greater injury risk. Replacing Scherzer may be problematic but the point we're all trying to make is that the benefit you get from Acuna outweighs that.

9 minutes ago, secretagentman said:

I have no problem trading Scherzer for Acuna straight up or with some complementary parts thrown in if that is what someone wants to do.  Doing so on the assumption that Glasnow is somehow going to be your sure fire replacement is dubious at best imo

No one said that Glasnow or Paddack were going to be surefire replacement.  But trading in a top 3 SP in exchange for two top 25 SPs is worth getting Acuna and ditching guys like Blackmon and Goldy who could quite likely be outproduced by players going outside the top 100 right now

• Like 1

Max hit the dl in July, back strain.

He came back, and 4 days later, hit the dl again.

He missed game 5 of the WS, with neck spasms.

Who misses a WS start?

Max is becoming brittle.

Ignore it if you want.

He had pain this March in spring.

If you get 170 innings, you got lucky.