NBC Sports Edge Forums

trade help..... WHIR

You can definitely afford this gamble, that offense is full of power hitters. The gap between Schwarber and Donaldson is definitely not big enough to not go after a guy with Glasnow's upside. I like your top 6 starters though, all young arms with breakout potential that could be relied on more in a short season.

Next task is to add another closer and a speedy bench bat, and you'll have a very solid team.

3 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

id gamble on snell looking at ur team.

and no, donaldson isnt some bum all of a sudden

I wouldn’t say a bum, just an overrated player who is likely to be a waiver wire player next year. In decline, injury prone, moving to a pitcher’s park...

10 hours ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

I wouldn’t say a bum, just an overrated player who is likely to be a waiver wire player next year. In decline, injury prone, moving to a pitcher’s park...

You are on an anti-JD crusade like no one's business. He will prove you wrong, the Twins would not hand out that kind of money to someone about to fall apart as you say. Even if he regresses to 28 HRs, 80 rs, 85 RBIs he's still very valuable. Hell, he's outside the top 100, even 24-75-75 would be acceptable, though a bit of a letdown. I don't see him dropping 25% of his production in one year just because he's moving into a pitchers park. He's familiar with the AL and in a prime spot in a great lineup. But we've had this conversation before, lets see what happens.

Just now, Richard Kimble said:

You are on an anti-JD crusade like no one's business. He will prove you wrong, the Twins would not hand out that kind of money to someone about to fall apart as you say. Even if he regresses to 28 HRs, 80 rs, 85 RBIs he's still very valuable. Hell, he's outside the top 100, even 24-75-75 would be acceptable, though a bit of a letdown. I don't see him dropping 25% of his production in one year just because he's moving into a pitchers park. He's familiar with the AL and in a prime spot in a great lineup. But we've had this conversation before, lets see what happens. 😉

16 hours ago, Richard Kimble said:

You are on an anti-JD crusade like no one's business. He will prove you wrong, the Twins would not hand out that kind of money to someone about to fall apart as you say. Even if he regresses to 28 HRs, 80 rs, 85 RBIs he's still very valuable. Hell, he's outside the top 100, even 24-75-75 would be acceptable, though a bit of a letdown. I don't see him dropping 25% of his production in one year just because he's moving into a pitchers park. He's familiar with the AL and in a prime spot in a great lineup. But we've had this conversation before, lets see what happens.

I’m not, I just think that people are focusing on the positives but completely ignoring the negatives. I also wouldn’t say he’s in a great lineup. It’s highly unlikely that Garver repeats or improves on his 2019, Kepler is projected to decline, Cruz can finally play his age, Sano is injury prone..not saying JD is horrible, just think there are better options at his position that are either around his price tag/ADP or slightly less. I’d rather have Chapman, Gurriel, Dozier or Escobar personally. Can he have a solid year? Sure, I just wouldn’t bet on it.