NBC Sports Edge Forums

Blockbuster Dynasty Deal

I took over a team this year and this is the team (below) that I have now in a 14 team dynasty league where you can keep 8 players each year. Caveat is if you keep a player, you won't be able to draft a player in the round that he was drafted (i.e. I drafted Luis Robert with my 1st pick this year, so for next year, I won't have a 1st round pick). I was offered Mookie Betts (26th pick this year - he was kept all these years), Xander Bogaerts (drafted 2nd round this year), and Shohei Ohtani - Pitcher (1st pick this year - was a keeper) for my Luis Robert (1st round pick), Carlos Correa (2nd round pick), and Wander Franco (16th round pick). 

So basically,I am receiving: 

Mookie Betts (26th round) 

Xander Bogaerts (2nd round)

Shohei Ohtani - pitcher (1st round) 

for 

Luis Robert (1st round) 

Carlos Correa (2nd round)

Wander Franco (16th round)

Danny Jansen

Matt Olson

Gavin Lux 

Jon Berti

Carlos Correa

Nick Castellanos

Ramon Laureano

Luis Robert

Michael Brantley

Garrett Hampson

Jo Adell

Mark Canha

Trent Grisham

Anthony Santander

Wander Franco

Matthew Boyd

Giovanny Gallegos

Zac Gallen

Mike Foltynewicz

Adrian Houser

Griffin Canning

Dustin May

Josh James

Mackenzie Gore

Marco Gonzalez

Tony Gonsolin

Nathan Eovaldi

Edited by canaan_ko

That's really tough. I guess I would go for the Betts side, but It is really tough to give up Franco when you can keep him that cheap forever.

Also as a side note. That is broken AF that Betts can still be kept in the 26th round after all these years. Honestly how do any of the bad teams stand a chance when you can keep a top 5 guy in the 26th round over and over again?

8 hours ago, thatguy725 said:

That's really tough. I guess I would go for the Betts side, but It is really tough to give up Franco when you can keep him that cheap forever.

Also as a side note. That is broken AF that Betts can still be kept in the 26th round after all these years. Honestly how do any of the bad teams stand a chance when you can keep a top 5 guy in the 26th round over and over again?

This.