NBC Sports Edge Forums

Should I accept this trade? WHIR

4 hours ago, Brye said:

My Carrasco and Lynn for his Morton?

12 team h2h 5x5 cats league, my other starting pitchers I have are Strasburg, Corbin, Sonny Gray, Weaver, houser

I would do it, no guarantees on Carrasco’s health and Lynn is ok but would rather have Morton.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

No, in H2H you need as many good starters as possible as it’s the best way to win. Morton is better than both, but you’ll have to either have 1 less starter or have one off the Waiver wire.

Agreed, but I like his upside here. I just have no interest in Carrasco with his arm issues this year, he is one of 3 players on my do not draft under any circumstance list. So to me I'm happy to move him for a starter as good as Morton. Giving up Lynn isn't that bad; sure he showed us a side we never knew, but if he regresses he's still fairly pedestrian. Morton has been so good the past few seasons it seems a risk worth taking. Don't forget he gets to replace the empty roster spot however he likes, which has value as well. 

1 hour ago, Richard Kimble said:

Agreed, but I like his upside here. I just have no interest in Carrasco with his arm issues this year, he is one of 3 players on my do not draft under any circumstance list. So to me I'm happy to move him for a starter as good as Morton. Giving up Lynn isn't that bad; sure he showed us a side we never knew, but if he regresses he's still fairly pedestrian. Morton has been so good the past few seasons it seems a risk worth taking. Don't forget he gets to replace the empty roster spot however he likes, which has value as well. 

True ty man 

18 hours ago, wahoos1 said:

I would do it, no guarantees on Carrasco’s health and Lynn is ok but would rather have Morton.

This. No faith in Carrasco whatsoever. 

On 4/4/2020 at 4:01 PM, Brye said:

My Carrasco and Lynn for his Morton?

12 team h2h 5x5 cats league, my other starting pitchers I have are Strasburg, Corbin, Sonny Gray, Weaver, houser

I'm with the consensus here: take the trade and run 

4 minutes ago, Brye said:

It’s a yahoo pro league 250 buy in , will yahoo veto the trade?

I don't think so, if the person trading Morton has a short supply of SP, than it might help him getting quaintly over quality but it will also create space so you can pick up a player of off waivers...I wouldn't veto it personally

Edited by hockeyfan77
25 minutes ago, UberRebel said:

You're giving up two top 25 SPs for a Top 20 SP - NO!

Help with mine?

Who knows when Carrasco ever pitches again?

I think Morton is better then 20th?

Compare his stats to max last year