Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Alshon Jeffery 2020 Outlook


The G Man
 Share

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, Child_Please said:

Between him and DeSean Jackson....head spins.  Who's going to make it back first and who would you rather have?

 

Alshon over DJax all day.

 

Alshon is a target hog when healthy, DJax has been boom/bust almost his whole career.

 

Alshon should be back soon, I'd say by week 8, anything sooner than that should be considered icing on the cake. He is a super secret stash for a late season push, if you are needing him now or the next couple weeks I'm afraid you may be dissapointed but this thread will be popping around Thanksgiving, if you can make it that far, otherwise you may have to drop him for someone who can help you now and a contender in your league will pick him up to reap the rewards of previously stated late season push.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Alshon over DJax all day.

 

Alshon is a target hog when healthy, DJax has been boom/bust almost his whole career.

 

Alshon should be back soon, I'd say by week 8, anything sooner than that should be considered icing on the cake. He is a super secret stash for a late season push, if you are needing him now or the next couple weeks I'm afraid you may be dissapointed but this thread will be popping around Thanksgiving, if you can make it that far, otherwise you may have to drop him for someone who can help you now and a contender in your league will pick him up to reap the rewards of previously stated late season push.

 

Right, I don't disagree. I have him stashed. But honestly, what's the percentage that he's a) washed b) gets injured again? I'd say at least 50%, if not 60-70%. I guess what i'm saying is I don't think he's at all close to a sure thing stash, and he's someone that if it came down to it I'd be willing to be wrong on knowing the probably downside and the limited upside. Hoping for the best though for my ex-Bear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Alshon over DJax all day.

 

Alshon is a target hog when healthy, DJax has been boom/bust almost his whole career.

 

Alshon should be back soon, I'd say by week 8, anything sooner than that should be considered icing on the cake. He is a super secret stash for a late season push, if you are needing him now or the next couple weeks I'm afraid you may be dissapointed but this thread will be popping around Thanksgiving, if you can make it that far, otherwise you may have to drop him for someone who can help you now and a contender in your league will pick him up to reap the rewards of previously stated late season push.

Keeping this guy on IR (dealing with the week to week headaches) is ideal. Just protect yourself now with a kicker and defense whose bye has passed or comes week 10 or so. He has more green in his schedule than Snoop has in his pipe. I don't believe for one minute that he is washed up or done. You leave him for someone else to snag, you will regret it. STOP GETTING IN YOUR OWN DAMN WAY. You already have 11 other teams breathing down your neck. 

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, aapox said:

 

Right, I don't disagree. I have him stashed. But honestly, what's the percentage that he's a) washed b) gets injured again? I'd say at least 50%, if not 60-70%. I guess what i'm saying is I don't think he's at all close to a sure thing stash, and he's someone that if it came down to it I'd be willing to be wrong on knowing the probably downside and the limited upside. Hoping for the best though for my ex-Bear.

 

I'll believe he is washed when I see it. When he plays he balls out but he gets hurt a lot and leaves early leaving a terrible taste in the mouth of owners. If he plays and plays the whole game he is a pretty safe bet for 7+ targets per game.

 

I don't doubt the talent or the opportunity in the Philly offense but the risk of getting hurt in game and being ruled out is real.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He's just been out of the game for so long that I'm pretty worried about an AJ Green situation. These guys that suffer serious injuries past 30... they don't come back the same and the body heals slower.

Edited by harck
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, harck said:

He's just been out of the game for so long that I'm pretty worried about an AJ Green situation. These guys that suffer serious injuries past 30... they don't come back the same and the body heals slower.

 

[...]

That's a valid concern though, for sure. The difference between those two, at least, is I watched AJG play. I don't think he's totally washed, but I don't think he's a legitimate fantasy option anymore barring a miracle turnaround. But typically guys start hot/healthy and then wind down over the season when they're older. Alshon, at least we don't really know. Someone above said he was ripped...so, there's like, 1 grain of salt in the right direction :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think he is. Once news breaks of him fully practicing, he will be added. The only question is, by who? You add him now to avoid the competition. I would rather have rights to a player to cut when I see fit as opposed to praying to the waiver Gods that it's not too late. 

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lest anyone doubt the power of being force-fed targets as the clear alpha in this offense, a 6th round journeyman named Fulgham - which I previously thought was the name of a grain, not a person - just went off for 152 yards.  

Now, do you think "Fulgham" is going to hold off Alshon Jeffrey for alpha dog status?  Or do you think that the Alshon Blow Up Game is just around the corner?  I know where I'm placing my bet...

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, KennyWoo said:

Lest anyone doubt the power of being force-fed targets as the clear alpha in this offense, a 6th round journeyman named Fulgham - which I previously thought was the name of a grain, not a person - just went off for 152 yards.  

Now, do you think "Fulgham" is going to hold off Alshon Jeffrey for alpha dog status?  Or do you think that the Alshon Blow Up Game is just around the corner?  I know where I'm placing my bet...

 

Not to mention the pending return of Reagor - it's going to be messy but Wentz clearly had a solid connection with Fulgham today and has said glowing things about the guy. This one is really tough although I have stashed Alshon personally

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Lest anyone doubt the power of being force-fed targets as the clear alpha in this offense, a 6th round journeyman named Fulgham - which I previously thought was the name of a grain, not a person - just went off for 152 yards.  

Now, do you think "Fulgham" is going to hold off Alshon Jeffrey for alpha dog status?  Or do you think that the Alshon Blow Up Game is just around the corner?  I know where I'm placing my bet...

Exactly. Even IF Alshon doesn't deserve to be force fed targets, he WILL. If you paid attention last season, you would have seen they did things with Alshon to put the ball in his hands. Even though he moved like he was wearing cement dipped shoes, he still was schemed the ball. Many times, he thrived. Alshon is the alpha. Make no mistake. 

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Eagles' Alshon Jeffery: Returns to practice
 
6 hrs ago |

Jeffery (foot, illness) is practicing Wednesday, Dave Zangaro of NBC Sports Philadelphia reports.

The Eagles listed Jeffery as a limited participant on five of their nine practice reports the past three weeks. He likely needs at least one full practice before he's cleared to play in a game, and it remains to be seen if that will happen this week. The Eagles also have DeSean Jackson (hamstring) participating in Wednesday's practice, so Week 5 hero Travis Fulgham may have target/snap competition heading his way for Week 6 against Baltimore.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He’s definitely worth a free add to wait and see. You can get him for free right now and he’ll likely outscore most other waiver options you might have. I’m not saying he’s your wr  #1, but he can be well worth an add as a bye week fill or a flex, if all works out I can see him post some wr2 numbers. All that is yet to be seen, but someone’s gotta get those targets, Ertz can’t be the only target for Wentz. DJax, Goedart, Reagor and Jeffery were all on my waivers 2 weeks ago and all but Goedart were still there up to yesterday. I think Jeffery might be a good bet for some nice fantasy games. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...