NBC Sports Edge Forums

Cooper Kupp 2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

I want no part of this sh1tshow on Monday night. Benching him until I see some life. 

+ bad matchup & Josh Reynolds emerging is no bueno 

Kupp hasn't had a touchdown since Week 4 . Crazy 

I'm the biggest Cooper Kupp fan outside of Cooper Kupp's parent's house, but yeah...

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he had 8 for 100 and a TD, but the matchup isn't great, he's not 100% and Reynolds is playing well. 

If you're in contention though, the good news is that Kupp's playoff schedule is nice and juicy!

Edited by ajs723
  • Like 1
  • Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Drop. City

No he didn't. He said that he would rather have Kupp on his dynasty fantasy roster, while saying nothing about one player being better than the other. You're putting a lot of words into peoples'

Man I've been looking all over the goddamn internet and finally found the Julio Jones thread. Would be nice if the mods fixed the title though

16 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

I'm the biggest Cooper Kupp fan outside of Cooper Kupp's parent's house, but yeah...

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he had 8 for 100 and a TD, but the matchup isn't great, he's not 100% and Reynolds is playing well. 

If you're in contention though, the good news is that Kupp's playoff schedule is nice and juicy!

Matchup is actually pretty good, TB doesn't do well against #2 wr, Kupp usually has his good games against weak coverage.

1 hour ago, Joe Mama said:

Matchup is actually pretty good, TB doesn't do well against #2 wr, Kupp usually has his good games against weak coverage.

But, and you can check me on this, I think TB has been really good against slot WRs for a couple years now, for whatever reason.

• Like 1
On 11/19/2020 at 5:48 PM, RunCMC said:

I want no part of this sh1tshow on Monday night. Benching him until I see some life. 

+ bad matchup & Josh Reynolds emerging is no bueno 

Kupp hasn't had a touchdown since Week 4 . Crazy 

Still hasn’t had a touchdown since week 4

He just isn’t a big TD guy. He really only plays in 3 WR sets, so a lot of those goal line formations he won’t be on the field. He will score more than he has because he is due, but he will always be a guy in the 5-7 TD range each season.

• Thanks 1

He has great instincts, great vision and is fantastic in the open field. Can't complain with the usage tonight (obviously) but it is weird how they'll seem to funnel targets to him in small bunches and then go away from him for entire quarters/halves. As a Rams fan, it's always been a little strange. Either way, he's a solid WR2 ROS. Strange how little they've run for him in the redzone but have to think he ends the season with at least 5-6 TDs and he'll throw in at least another 100 yard game or two.

• Like 1
Just now, LionKid90 said:

He just isn’t a big TD guy. He really only plays in 3 WR sets, so a lot of those goal line formations he won’t be on the field. He will score more than he has because he is due, but he will always be a guy in the 5-7 TD range each season.

He had 6 TDs in only 8 games in 2018 and 10 TDs just last year. He's got 23 TDs in 36 starts which is a pretty great rate for a WR. This year they've just been throwing to the TE or pounding the ball in through the running game. He's actually a super shifty WR near the endzone.

• Like 3
34 minutes ago, IncuRAM said:

He has great instincts, great vision and is fantastic in the open field. Can't complain with the usage tonight (obviously) but it is weird how they'll seem to funnel targets to him in small bunches and then go away from him for entire quarters/halves. As a Rams fan, it's always been a little strange. Either way, he's a solid WR2 ROS. Strange how little they've run for him in the redzone but have to think he ends the season with at least 5-6 TDs and he'll throw in at least another 100 yard game or two.

That is mcvay being idiot. The minute they stopped throwing to him they had 3 and outs and interceptions. The guy is a catch machine yet they are moving away from him when needed most. Jet sweeps with woods, throwing behind the line at 3 and 5. Mc vay is a bad coach disguised as a genius

• Like 1
6 hours ago, IncuRAM said:

He had 6 TDs in only 8 games in 2018 and 10 TDs just last year. He's got 23 TDs in 36 starts which is a pretty great rate for a WR. This year they've just been throwing to the TE or pounding the ball in through the running game. He's actually a super shifty WR near the endzone.

was about to post the same thing, which is what makes his disappearance in the red zone this year so mystifying.

23 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

Fun fact:  In four career games against the 49ers, Cooper Kupp has never had more than 31 receiving yards against them.

Bonus fun fact: Slot corner K'Waun Williams is out for the game. That leaves Jamar Taylor on Kupp. Taylor is giving up nearly 10 yards per target in his career and has given up 185 yards on 20 targets this year.

Kupp should beast again. I say 8 catches for over 100 yards and a TD. 

Locked and loaded.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
On 11/27/2020 at 3:47 PM, ajs723 said:

Bonus fun fact: Slot corner K'Waun Williams is out for the game. That leaves Jamar Taylor on Kupp. Taylor is giving up nearly 10 yards per target in his career and has given up 185 yards on 20 targets this year.

Kupp should beast again. I say 8 catches for over 100 yards and a TD. 

Locked and loaded.

In week 6 this year, when Kupp had 3 catches for 11 yards against SF, and Taylor played 75% of the snaps while Williams didn’t play that game.

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed complaint. PM us if you have an issue with a deleted post.
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, kdko said:

Now imagine if Goff had made that read faster 🤦‍♂️

Right, ball should have been out as soon as he made the break and that's a footrace to the endzone. People say Kupp is a system WR, but he's playing with a borderline garbage QB who constantly misses him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
16 minutes ago, TuckAndRolle said:

Wow good call. I wonder why the 9ers always seem to have his number.

They double covered him almost every play, but Goff also keeps missing him. It's infuriating.