Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Cooper Kupp 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Drop. City

No he didn't. He said that he would rather have Kupp on his dynasty fantasy roster, while saying nothing about one player being better than the other. You're putting a lot of words into peoples'

Man I've been looking all over the goddamn internet and finally found the Julio Jones thread. Would be nice if the mods fixed the title though

What a weird season from Kupp! His role hasn't changed, and his overall production is still great. He's top 8 in targets and receptions, and will fly past 1000 yards receiving. The only thing missing, shockingly, is TDs (which has been his greatest skill since he joined the NFL).

He'll likely finish as a solid WR2, but if just had 5 or 6 TDs, instead of 2, he would have been an strong WR1 again. 

He will again be the most overlooked player in fantasy next season, and could easily finish as a top 8 WR in 2021. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd probably be starting Kupp over Cooks this week if he was playing on Sunday. I just don't trust Thursday games, especially come fantasy playoff time. Can't afford Kupp putting up another 5 point game.

Not to mention Belichick's ability to erase certain players from the stat sheet.

Edited by Andy Mick
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

What a weird season from Kupp! His role hasn't changed, and his overall production is still great. He's top 8 in targets and receptions, and will fly past 1000 yards receiving. The only thing missing, shockingly, is TDs (which has been his greatest skill since he joined the NFL).

He'll likely finish as a solid WR2, but if just had 5 or 6 TDs, instead of 2, he would have been an strong WR1 again. 

He will again be the most overlooked player in fantasy next season, and could easily finish as a top 8 WR in 2021. 

Everything you say is true, just so frustrating to own, not sure I can go along for the ride next year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Joe Mama said:

Everything you say is true, just so frustrating to own, not sure I can go along for the ride next year.

This will be how a lot of people feel. It's possible he's equally frustrating next year, but he'll have more upside than anyone drafted around him.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

The positive TD regression has to come at some point. Just hope my season's not over by then.

Probably against the Jets and Seahawks in weeks 15 and 16. Hope you make it there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Joe Mama said:

Thing is it’s actually been a year and a half of this 

Nah. The last 6 games of of 2019 Kupp averaged 6 receptions per game, and had 5 TDs. 

His TD regression is specific to this season, and his role as the number one option in this offense (marginally over Woods) has never wavered. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Nah. The last 6 games of of 2019 Kupp averaged 6 receptions per game, and had 5 TDs. 

His TD regression is specific to this season, and his role as the number one option in this offense (marginally over Woods) has never wavered. 

True TD regression specific to this season, but averaged 45 yards / game 2nd half of last season.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Joe Mama said:

True TD regression specific to this season, but averaged 45 yards / game 2nd half of last season.  

He had like 30 yards in two games against the Steelers and Bears. Other than that, he was typical Kupp last year. He'll have some 7 for 55 games, but his nose for the end zone usually makes up for the lack of yardage.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't feel great about the matchup either. I just feel like the Rams want to run the football all the time. If they don't get down and in obvious passing situations, Kupp doesn't even seem to be on the field. 

Is it likely Gilmore covers Woods? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Please get a tuddie tomorrow ! He's so overdue it's not even funny

Not absoutley sure but I think Gilmore will move around some. 

Rams don't have some super stud wide receiver that needs shadow coverage. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

Need a vintage 8rec-140yd-2td game from Kupp

Love Kupp, but I wouldn't hold my breath. BB is making offenses look confused. I'd be shocked if the Patriots don't have Goff flustered all night. Could be some late game garbage time, but the Patriots don't really let up and give you easy stuff ever. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

J.C Jackson is a stud as well and more than capable of clamping down either woods or coop. Gilmore isn't the only guy to worry about here. With that said I'm not expecting a huge game but realistically hoping for something like 6-90-0

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MingusDew said:

Rolling him out there. Hopefully Gilmore is mostly on Bobby Trees and Kupp reaps the rewards.

 

I was initially not going to roll with Kupp, but I'm thinking Gilmore on Woods, Jackson on Reynolds, and Kupp gets Jonathan Jones. IF (big if) that happens, Kupp could feast. But this is boom or bust IMO as it's been all year with Kupp.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MurderInc said:

 

I was initially not going to roll with Kupp, but I'm thinking Gilmore on Woods, Jackson on Reynolds, and Kupp gets Jonathan Jones. IF (big if) that happens, Kupp could feast. But this is boom or bust IMO as it's been all year with Kupp.

Reynolds got out snapped by Jefferson last week. I think Gilmore tends to stick to a side, no? Kupp being predominantly out of the slot is the upside. Unless they run a lot of 12-personnel sets again then Kupp gets one of the two darn good CB’s.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S said:

Reynolds got out snapped by Jefferson last week. I think Gilmore tends to stick to a side, no? Kupp being predominantly out of the slot is the upside. Unless they run a lot of 12-personnel sets again then Kupp gets one of the two darn good CB’s.

You're very convincing. Kupp out of my lineup. Final answer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...