Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Cooper Kupp 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Drop. City

No he didn't. He said that he would rather have Kupp on his dynasty fantasy roster, while saying nothing about one player being better than the other. You're putting a lot of words into peoples'

Man I've been looking all over the goddamn internet and finally found the Julio Jones thread. Would be nice if the mods fixed the title though

Damn tough crowd in here. That TD catch was pretty. He also had a catch right on the 1 early in the game. Clearly Goff's preferred RZ WR.

I think he's a solid WR2 ROS given the schedule. Sucks that the Rams are running more 2 TE sets, but this game was the beginning of the positive TD regression.

Edited by MingusDew
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MingusDew said:

Damn tough crowd in here. That TD catch was pretty. He also had a catch right on the 1 early in the game. Clearly Goff's preferred RZ WR.

I think he's a solid WR2 ROS given the schedule. Sucks that the Rams are running more 2 TE sets, but this game was the beginning of the positive TD regression.

 

I know right, you can do alot worse than Cooper Kupp.

As my WR3 I have no issues plugging him in.

You just never know what kind of targets he’ll get. It’s either 5 or 10 , or somewhere in between.

But highly irregular and random from game to game. 

He’s still Goffs best buddy, that showed yesterday in the RZ and the 20 target game in Week 8.

But I digress, this defense and run game is too potent. and Goff is a mehh QB at best *imo

McVay will do what works

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2020 at 1:15 PM, street sharks said:

I'm a bit worried about this game being similar to the Pats game where they just stick to the run game. Especially because you know the Rams defense is going to get turnovers.

I didn't like Kupp going into the Pats game, but I 100% disagree here. The Jets can't cover anyone. This is a massive blow up spot. Expect 30 plus points from the Rams, and that same point ceiling for Kupp in fantasy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fun with red zone stats...

Kupp has 17 red zone targets. That's top ten among WRs. Somehow (Likely due to Goff sucking) he has only 2 red zone TDs

Compare that to other elite route-running red zone threats. Thielen has 19 red zone targets, and 11 TDs. Keenan Allen has 18 targets and 7 TDs. Tyler Lockett has just 13 targets and 6 TDs. Diontae "drops" Johnson has 14 targets and 5 TDs. Crowder has only 9 targets, and 4 TDs. 

Again, Kupp has 17 such targets, and only 2 TDs from the red zone. 

If Kupp had just 6 TDs on those 17 targets (still not great) he'd be a WR1. If had 8-10 TDs, which you'd expect from that target volume in the red zone, he'd be in the Hopkins, ARob, Ridley range. 

Expect massive positive TD regression. Wouldn't be surprised if he has 3 or 4 TDs in the next 2 games. 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ajs723 said:

Fun with red zone stats...

Kupp has 17 red zone targets. That's top ten among WRs. Somehow (Likely due to Goff sucking) he has only 2 red zone TDs

Compare that to other elite route-running red zone threats. Thielen has 19 red zone targets, and 11 TDs. Keenan Allen has 18 targets and 7 TDs. Tyler Lockett has just 13 targets and 6 TDs. Diontae "drops" Johnson has 14 targets and 5 TDs. Crowder has only 9 targets, and 4 TDs. 

Again, Kupp has 17 such targets, and only 2 TDs from the red zone. 

If Kupp had just 6 TDs on those 17 targets (still not great) he'd be a WR1. If had 8-10 TDs, which you'd expect from that target volume in the red zone, he'd be in the Hopkins, ARob, Ridley range. 

Expect massive positive TD regression. Wouldn't be surprised if he has 3 or 4 TDs in the next 2 games. 

 

 

Good stuff.

And if Bobby Trees sits this week, giddy up !  (hasn't practiced yet) 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

the first SEA game the rams went heavy, a lot of 2TE and ran the ball. kupp was only on field for 53% of snaps (still had 7 trgets). would they try to do it again? unfortunately i have nothing at WR. id imagine most are benching if they can

Link to post
Share on other sites

Kupp has always done pretty well against Seattle.  I expect McVay to draw up more Kupp plays after they went away from Kupp in that bad loss to the Jets.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys never learn, trying to make arguments that fit to your reality. Kupp is a lost cause this year mainly because of mcvay. I dont know why mcvay does that he basically shoots himself in the leg but, all season he insisted on being a run heavy team but morever used kupp for blocking. Kupp mentioned that himself before jets game. In jets game he blocked more than he ran routes. He was out when team was in the redzone, he was out in 2 te sets (reynolds and woods were in). You are hoping for a random td if you are starting him

Edited by Martinlongbow
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Kupp has always done pretty well against Seattle. 

Earlier this season he went 5/50/0

giphy.gif

19 minutes ago, Martinlongbow said:

You guys never learn, trying to make arguments that fit to your reality.

This ^

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I read in this thread earlier this fall that Cooper Kupp is better than Julio Jones as an asset for this year and in dynasty formats.  So Kupp must be pretty good!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Well I read in this thread earlier this fall that Cooper Kupp is better than Julio Jones as an asset for this year and in dynasty formats.  So Kupp must be pretty good!

Julio doesn't really have a lot of dynasty value left.

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Well I read in this thread earlier this fall that Cooper Kupp is better than Julio Jones as an asset for this year and in dynasty formats.  So Kupp must be pretty good!

Yo, Kupp is on pace for about 100 catches and over 1000 yards. 

Jones is on pace for 51 catches and 771 yards. 

One guy is 27 and in the prime of his career. The other is going on 32, chronically injured, and on the verge of being completely done.

So yes, Kupp over Jones in dynasty every day and twice on Sunday. I'd want a 1st plus Jones for Kupp. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Yo, Kupp is on pace for about 100 catches and over 1000 yards. 

Jones is on pace for 51 catches and 771 yards. 

One guy is 27 and in the prime of his career. The other is going on 32, chronically injured, and on the verge of being completely done.

So yes, Kupp over Jones in dynasty every day and twice on Sunday. I'd want a 1st plus Jones for Kupp. 

You are not going to get it.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

You are not going to get it.  

You're actually on the wrong side of this. Go join a dynasty league and offer Jones straight up for Kupp and watch how fast that offer gets instantly rejected. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ajs723 said:

You're actually on the wrong side of this. Go join a dynasty league and offer Jones straight up for Kupp and watch how fast that offer gets instantly rejected. 

Kupp is a nice role-player.  But he's no Wayne Chrebet and he's certainly no Wes Welker.

Jordan Matthews, that might be a decent comp.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Kupp is a nice role-player.  But he's no Wayne Chrebet and he's certainly no Wes Welker.

Jordan Matthews, that might be a decent comp.

Okay...

Kupp is a good fantasy asset. In dynasty,  he would be a top 20 WR or so. 

Julio Jones, on the other hand, has had a wonderful career, that is now just about over. He is no longer a top 35 dynasty WR. Maybe some bold win now team would be willing to risk acquiring him, but I think most managers in dynasty wouldn't touch him.  Again, he's almost 32. Not just is he getting old, but his body is clearly breaking down. This is a guy who's won with pure speed, and athletic ability. These guys don't usually age well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...