Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Cooper Kupp 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Drop. City

No he didn't. He said that he would rather have Kupp on his dynasty fantasy roster, while saying nothing about one player being better than the other. You're putting a lot of words into peoples'

Man I've been looking all over the goddamn internet and finally found the Julio Jones thread. Would be nice if the mods fixed the title though

37 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Mark my words, the wr1 over michael thomas(if we have a season)

Those are all-the-way marked, my friend!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Uh...Kupp was getting phased out a bit down the stretch, likely due to sub-standard run blocking.

Yeah he’s a fade for me. He is really skilled at what he does but I sold him in dynasty this offseason

Don’t like him at all being pushed to the outside against press coverage and top CBs with Cooks gone

Edited by mocha4313
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2020 at 12:12 PM, BMcP said:

Plus, I’m sure the Rams will make some moves to buttress their O-line..  

d'oh!  ;)

I correctly guessed predicted that Kupp was the guy to own out of Ram WRs last year, but I'm cool on him this year because I think the Rams are on the verge of total rebuild. No worthy RB, thin WR corps, weak OL, iffy QB, the list goes on. They have just made a lot of poor personnel decisions and this "win now" thing is going to bite them. Not that I wouldn't want Kupp on my team, but his value is inflated. Unless he comes surprisingly cheap in our auction, he'll be on someone else's team. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bomont said:

d'oh!  ;)

I correctly guessed predicted that Kupp was the guy to own out of Ram WRs last year, but I'm cool on him this year because I think the Rams are on the verge of total rebuild. No worthy RB, thin WR corps, weak OL, iffy QB, the list goes on. They have just made a lot of poor personnel decisions and this "win now" thing is going to bite them. Not that I wouldn't want Kupp on my team, but his value is inflated. Unless he comes surprisingly cheap in our auction, he'll be on someone else's team. 

I have to agree - no idea what they are doing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, who knew that paying all their veterans at or above market value, and trading away pretty much all their draft picks would eventually burden them?  Other than you know, everyone. They're basically going to be the Ravens after Flacco got overpaid, however i dont think their GM is as savvy as Baltimore's was and won't be able to rebuild this like they did, still somewhat contending along the way until Flacco was gone.  

I still like Kupp though.  I dont think the Rams will run well, and their defense still has two All Pro's, but is whittled down otherwise.    Can't run well, and will give up points?  I'm not saying Woods and Kupp will come close to Evans and Godwin last year, but the volume should be there.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BrianM said:

Yeah, who knew that paying all their veterans at or above market value, and trading away pretty much all their draft picks would eventually burden them?  Other than you know, everyone. They're basically going to be the Ravens after Flacco got overpaid, however i dont think their GM is as savvy as Baltimore's was and won't be able to rebuild this like they did, still somewhat contending along the way until Flacco was gone.  

I still like Kupp though.  I dont think the Rams will run well, and their defense still has two All Pro's, but is whittled down otherwise.    Can't run well, and will give up points?  I'm not saying Woods and Kupp will come close to Evans and Godwin last year, but the volume should be there.  


Your so right. The seahawks did the same thing. Paid 4 or 5 guys traded away good offensive lineman for jimmy graham. Missed on draft picks all over the place. 
 

kupp year 2 off and acl injury should be even better. I’d take him and/or woods no problem this year. Both imo are undervalued. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2020 at 11:45 PM, SharkSwimmer said:

Uh...Kupp was getting phased out a bit down the stretch, likely due to sub-standard run blocking.

This offseason I've heard multiple times that the reason he was phased out is the Rams turned to 12 personnel to give Goff a better pocket, since he sucks so badly under pressure.

 

That means 1 RB and 2 TE, which means the slot receiver goes off the field. 

 

It sounds like they will continue this trend which means either fewer snaps and targets for Kupp, or they try him on the outside.

 

I held him in dynasty because I believe his rapport with Goff will make up for the deficit but I also believe the monster #s from the start of last year are out of the question. Slight fade in redraft based on the price I keep seeing.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Proteus said:

This offseason I've heard multiple times that the reason he was phased out is the Rams turned to 12 personnel to give Goff a better pocket, since he sucks so badly under pressure.

It also has to be said that the Rams O-line was a lot worse in 2019 than 2018, which led to a lot more pressure.

Based on that it would still make sense to use 2 TEs, except the Rams had 21% 12 personnel in 2019 which is more or less the league average. (On the other hand, they had 73% 11 personnel, 2nd in the league and considerably higher than league average.)

Finally, Kupp's snap count for most of the season was around 80-90% but in the final weeks dropped to 72/28/92/61/61. That could point to more 12 personnel usage, except it seems they didn't, as Everett was out a number of those weeks. 

So, all in all... I don't know. 4 out of the last week's Kupp had a lower snap count, but "phased out to play more 12 personnel", I don't see that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

It also has to be said that the Rams O-line was a lot worse in 2019 than 2018, which led to a lot more pressure.

Based on that it would still make sense to use 2 TEs, except the Rams had 21% 12 personnel in 2019 which is more or less the league average. (On the other hand, they had 73% 11 personnel, 2nd in the league and considerably higher than league average.)

Finally, Kupp's snap count for most of the season was around 80-90% but in the final weeks dropped to 72/28/92/61/61. That could point to more 12 personnel usage, except it seems they didn't, as Everett was out a number of those weeks. 

So, all in all... I don't know. 4 out of the last week's Kupp had a lower snap count, but "phased out to play more 12 personnel", I don't see that.

Who was Everett's backup? I think he might have been out there down the stretch.

https://www.nfl.com/news/michael-fabiano-s-2019-nfl-personnel-groupings-0ap3000001109577

The Rams ran out of 11 personnel 72.7% of the time, which ranked as the third-most in the NFL. With Brandin Cooks out of the picture, Josh Reynoldsshould see a nice increase in snaps as their No. 3 wide receiver in 2020. One note of interest ... in the first 12 weeks, the Rams ran 12 personnel just 14% of the time. In Weeks 13-17, when Tyler Higbee went off, that total jumped to 34%.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2020 at 3:59 PM, Stonej14 said:

“You’re so right. The seahawks did the same thing. Paid 4 or 5 guys traded away good offensive lineman for jimmy graham. Missed on draft picks all over the place. Kupp year 2 off an acl injury should be even better. I’d take him and/or woods no problem this year. Both imo are undervalued.”


I have a vested in this player, in one league Kupp‘s a potential 4th RD keeper for me. I’m hopeful I’ll draw an early pick in that round so I can trade back some & move up in a later round. After a SB run, teams become the new measure & get everybody’s best game. Enduring the grind, as with the Rams, injury can often be a big part of it. They went from being one of the every best rushing offenses to below avg. According to an article at rotoballer.com, Jared Goff was near the top of list of “poor throw” percentage. As mentioned, the OL sustained a number of injuries & the depth not what it needed to be. So, those three things! If they can avoid a lot of injury up front there are ways to help mask weaknesses. McVay is a QB guy, however, if he can’t get Goff turned around he’s going to get fired. Cooks isn’t a player they’re going to miss, it’s just a guess, but I believe in McVay & think the floor for this offense was last year. Wouldn’t be shocked to see this team finish 4th, but do better offensively this season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

1) who?

2) I like your use  of quotes, implying they're not very professional.


Go do some research and you will see many...but that’s not the point. The point is , will cooper “don’t worry bout what’s in my” kupp be a disappointment. I’ve never been a Bobby trees guy, but second half of last yr data implies some strong things.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

Go do some research and you will see many...but that’s not the point.

The point was not whether I do my research (which I generally do), the point was that "Alotta experts" is a bit vague and could do with more detail. Quote or it didn't happen.

In fact, I think your sentence gains considerably in weight if you say "I personally have Woods over Kupp".  Makes it much more interesting - I don't care about "experts" (quotes intended) but I do care about opinions of you or other posters who are willing to defend themselves a bit and back a statement up.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As an aside, "professional fantasy experts" are the worst kind of experts - they generally don't get paid to be right, but to generate clicks and views. I much prefer a good discussion here, especially with those people who are not afraid to confess they could be wrong.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

The point was not whether I do my research (which I generally do), the point was that "Alotta experts" is a bit vague and could do with more detail. Quote or it didn't happen.

In fact, I think your sentence gains considerably in weight if you say "I personally have Woods over Kupp".  Makes it much more interesting - I don't care about "experts" (quotes intended) but I do care about opinions of you or other posters who are willing to defend themselves a bit and back a statement up.


I already said it. It’s all u get. see previous post, connect the dots

 

I’ve never been a Bobby trees guy, but second half of last yr data implies some strong things.

 
Link to post
Share on other sites

He's been one of, if not the absolulte best red-zone WR in the NFL since he was drafted. He's at least a top 5 route runner in the league. He's got great hands, and elite YAC ability. 

You can't convince me Kupp isn't a top 5 NFL WR. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

He's been one of, if not the absolulte best red-zone WR in the NFL since he was drafted. He's at least a top 5 route runner in the league. He's got great hands, and elite YAC ability. 

You can't convince me Kupp isn't a top 5 NFL WR. 

TOP 5??? I'm a Kupp dynasty owner and I hope he's awesome but sheesh that is the definition of a bold statement. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...