Cooper Kupp 2020 Outlook

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Drop. City

No he didn't. He said that he would rather have Kupp on his dynasty fantasy roster, while saying nothing about one player being better than the other. You're putting a lot of words into peoples'

Man I've been looking all over the goddamn internet and finally found the Julio Jones thread. Would be nice if the mods fixed the title though

4 hours ago, Bish0p said:

And now hes returning punts lol, hes really not a burner, or shifty either... not really sure what mcvay is thinking.

he's not shifty?  

ever watch him play, or at least glimpse his highlights?

majority of this cat's TDs come from great runs after the catch ... he is a very natural runner, great open field instincts - one need not be a "burner" to be a productive return man - much can be made from reading blocks and adjusting - he has remarkable field vision. 

let's not forget guys like AB, DJax, Welker were all used as punt returners during their most productive years - it's less kamikaze than kickoff returns, because the punting team can be engaged at the line of scrimmage - the only folks flying down are the gunners, and they're usually doubled - so far less high speed impact on punt returns. 

• Thanks 2
4 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

he's not shifty?  

ever watch him play, or at least glimpse his highlights?

majority of this cat's TDs come from great runs after the catch ... he is a very natural runner, great open field instincts - one need not be a "burner" to be a productive return man - much can be made from reading blocks and adjusting - he has remarkable field vision. 

let's not forget guys like AB, DJax, Welker were all used as punt returners during their most productive years - it's less kamikaze than kickoff returns, because the punting team can be engaged at the line of scrimmage - the only folks flying down are the gunners, and they're usually doubled - so far less high speed impact on punt returns. 

Nope hes not shifty, and i dont play in a league that rewards return yards, and i just dont see him taking one to the house.  This is just an unnecessary risk for your supposed wr1

What are peoples thoughts on this guy? Had a fairly high ADP, hasn’t had a great start to the year after tailing off last year too.

My WRs have been decimated and I just bought low on him. Even with how he is scoring through 2 weeks he’s still my second best WR 😳 

Any chance he gets back to business?

1 hour ago, street sharks said:

I'm trying to get rid of him

The writing was on the wall, they love their TEs now

the “he’s a top 5 wr” guys really didn’t wanna believe it...but it seemed so obvious that if they continued with the 2TE sets he would continue with WR2-3 numbers vs WR1 numbers.  All indications were they were going to continue with that offense as well, seemed like a bad gamble to invest a 3rd in.  Package and sell him now while his name value is high.

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Vegemite2 said:

What are peoples thoughts on this guy? Had a fairly high ADP, hasn’t had a great start to the year after tailing off last year too.

My WRs have been decimated and I just bought low on him. Even with how he is scoring through 2 weeks he’s still my second best WR 😳 

Any chance he gets back to business?

Unfortunately probably more of the same. It seems like people were just looking at his overall numbers from last year when drafting this year. Last season was a tale of two halves. Their offense changed a lot the last 8 games and Kupp suffered the most from this. Goff stopped forcing him the ball and he ended up being a borderline WR3. I ended up benching him in the playoffs he was so unreliable. 

Kupp thrived in the slot when opposing defenses had no choice but to load up to stop peak Todd Gurley, and they feared Cooks and Woods on the outside more.  

Now the Rams' offense looks a lot different.  Kupp is playing on the outside more, facing off against no. 1 corners instead of linebackers.  I am not at all sure he has the pure speed and athleticism to succeed out there long term.

Good for Kupp that he signed a three-year, $48 million extension.  But Snead gives out a lot of funny money, and there is no guarantee Kupp will be on this team to make it to the end of the contract.

On 9/14/2020 at 3:06 AM, smash10033 said:

I am not a Kupp owner but did have him last year.  First half of the year he was my favorite player.... then came the second half and he pretty much vanished.   I relaxed at first but then panicked.    It was nearly impossible to figure out his usage the second half of the year.    IF I was a Kupp owner in 2020... I would probably try and capitalize on one of the games he goes off and get rid of him.   He may become a top 10 receiver but you never know when they will have him running around as a decoy all game and getting 1 target.    That is just my take on it

Everybody every year forgets what happened down the stretch.  With the rams, they couldn't block for ****, had more success with more tight ends, higbee emerged, kupp took a back seat.  

2 hours ago, Dislimb said:

[insert QB] is going to have to throw it to somebody after all.

I think this is probably one of the sentences that has caused the most grief in fantasy history. It's right up there with "guaranteed stud, never injured" and "what could possibly go wrong?" 

• Like 1

Everyone points to him "falling off" the second half last season. I know his yards were down, but he scored a TD in his last 5 or 6 games. Targets were there too. 

So it's not just that he's dropped from the first half version to the second, he's dropped significantly from there. He's a WR3 now, and with WR so deep this year I could fully understand benching him until we see an uptick.  

1 minute ago, Bastardo! said:

Outscored Julio in my standard league last year and had three times as many touchdowns as Julio in the second half last year, yet the excuses for Julio never end and the consensus on Kupp is that he's done.  Interesting.

The old adage is that you cannot predict TD as much as you can predict usage. His usage dropped and yet his ADP didn't compensate. The hope was that they'd be able to run 12 personnel AND have him on the field near full time this year, which HAS happened. The targets haven't caught up yet, but I'm not panicking yet. Snap counts are up (compared to 2H last year) and he's still being using often in the slot (his ideal lineup slot). Rams clearly want to use their TE, which is what's hurting his over-the-middle usage, but he'll get his. He's not going to be challenging for a top 5 slot at the position, like 1H last year, but he'll be a solid low-end WR2 / high-end WR3 when it's all said and done.

• Like 2
On 9/23/2020 at 1:15 AM, matthew berry said:

Everybody every year forgets what happened down the stretch.  With the rams, they couldn't block for ****, had more success with more tight ends, higbee emerged, kupp took a back seat.  

Wasn't Kupp also banged up a bunch in the 2nd half?

Dear One Kupp Zero TDs, 

I love you bro.  You have been a great fantasy asset for my teams.  We actually won a championship together.  It was a grind, I know.  But you had some really outstanding great games.  Do you need to sweet talk Goff?  McVay?  Maybe a handy ?  Bro...you are a baller that isn't getting the ball enough.  I know you had a good amount of looks last week but I don't care about a "good amount"...I want to dominate....sweet talk...handy....maybe they are into docking?  bro...get the damn ball.

Sincerely,

Your #1 Fan

• Haha 3