NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Ryquell Armstead 2020 Outlook

I think the back to own is Devine Ozigbo... Armstead is nothing special and hasn't even practiced in like 3 weeks. First, it was Covid related and now it is something else. I thought Ozigbo was more talented anyway, but the missed time for Armstead might give Ozigbo the first crack at "shinig" (as much as you can in that offense). 

1 minute ago, LarryDavid said:

I think the back to own is Devine Ozigbo... Armstead is nothing special and hasn't even practiced in like 3 weeks. First, it was Covid related and now it is something else. I thought Ozigbo was more talented anyway, but the missed time for Armstead might give Ozigbo the first crack at "shinig" (as much as you can in that offense). 

so talented New Orleans waived him 

30 minutes ago, LarryDavid said:

What makes you say Ozigbo is more talented than Armstead ? 

4 minutes ago, fletch44 said:

What makes you say Ozigbo is more talented than Armstead ? 

They were just talking about this on SiriusXM Fantasy. The writer who attended Jags camp mentioned how the team saw Armstead last year and I guess he did ok but they must not view him as a featured back. Ozigbo has had a nice camp and is the shiny new toy. His guess is as good as anyone's on how the backfield will shake out.

The biggest takeaway is to not overdraft Armstead like he's the starter.

46 minutes ago, LarryDavid said:

Make a “ 2020 Outlook “ for him

11 hours ago, ponchsox said:

They were just talking about this on SiriusXM Fantasy. The writer who attended Jags camp mentioned how the team saw Armstead last year and I guess he did ok but they must not view him as a featured back. Ozigbo has had a nice camp and is the shiny new toy. His guess is as good as anyone's on how the backfield will shake out.

The biggest takeaway is to not overdraft Armstead like he's the starter.

I don't think anyone will be overdrafting Armstead or Ozigbo or Thompson. All three are just dart throws either late in drafts or off the waiver wire to occupy a spot towards end of the bench in the hopes that maybe they turn into a useful bye week or injury replacement. Whoever wins the job, the others will be easy drops. 

10 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

Why is he not practicing yet?  Got the sniffles? 

He doesn't "feel good." I'm sure that went okay with the coaching staff and his job is waiting for him whenever he feels well enough to come back.   

Edited by mikeflavaz
  • Like 1

CT25 is likely going to be the only RB that's worthy of being rosterable IMO.

Ryquell needs a lot of work and is AWOL at the time he needs to get it in the most.

Ozigbo is slow, but very efficient.  I could see Ozigbo starting the season getting all the GL work and early down work and Ryquell fights him for that as the season progresses.

Problem with this team is there's no value in 5-7 goal line carries in 4 games (because there's no guarantee those are automatic TDs) and Ozigbo is not a guy that's much of a threat to break out a 50 yard TD.  Ryquell IS for sure, dude's fast and violent, but I mean, how many carries can yall truly see him getting by EOS without catastrophic injuries all around?  I see MAX 100-125.

The back receiving the passing down work when this team is down 3 scores at half time is the only guy worth owning more than likely.  And He's the guy with the easiest name to spell.

• Thanks 1