NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ryquell Armstead 2020 Outlook

41 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Is this turd practicing yet?  

This is the only thing on Ryquell I could find from today.

This is from yesterday. Relevant excerpt below the link

https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/news/westbrook-3-other-jaguars-return-practice-limited-capacity-wednesday

Among the names who didn't practice for the Jaguars on Tuesday who the team did not announce as limited participants on Wednesday are running back running back Ryquell Armstead (illness, not COVID-related)

Edited by fletch44
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just grabbed him, but I feel more like 

No he’s not. Thompsons role barely changes. In 7 years dude has 250 carries with a max of 68. He isn’t suddenly going to get a ton of carries. 

Or worse.....the common flu

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Dirtywater97 said:

I think you guys have the wrong back.

We might, but again...no one is relying on him. It’s a dart throw, and if it works out, great. If not, he’ll be cut for someone else. Honestly, it’s not a big deal to me who emerges in this backfield...it’ll be ugly either way. 

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

We might, but again...no one is relying on him. It’s a dart throw, and if it works out, great. If not, he’ll be cut for someone else. Honestly, it’s not a big deal to me who emerges in this backfield...it’ll be ugly either way. 

I hear you but Ozigbo and James Robinson have more upside and are the backs to stash. Armstead has barely played a snap all camp since he's been on the COVID list. I'm pretty sure he is STILL not practicing. 

Edited by Dirtywater97
23 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

I hear you but Ozigbo and James Robinson have more upside and are the backs to stash. Armstead has barely played a snap all camp since he's been on the COVID list. I'm pretty sure he is STILL not practicing. 

Chances are, at this point, you have who you have because all the options have been picked up. At least that’s the case in both of my leagues. And yeah, I don’t think he’s been at camp for a few days. 

1 minute ago, MagikarpeDiem said:

I think the most likely scenario is Ozigbo, Armstead, and Thompson end up in a crappy three way timeshare on an even crappier team and none of them will be a viable starter.  That said all three are worth a speculative add right now in the hopes that someone takes over the bell cow role.  

Thompson will never be a bell cow. He’s 3rd down only.

• Like 1

Yeah none of them will be a three down bell cow. It’s one thing to own Chubb or Hunt and watch them potentially take away from each other. It’s another to own one of three crappy backs playing on a crappy team. 
I’m holding for now because I’ve got nobody else to pick up, but come this weekend, I’m likely dropping and picking back up my kicker. We aren’t going to get any clarity until the season starts and I can’t hold on that long. He and the others are lotto tickets where you can win $50, not $1 million. Not worth the investment. 

• Like 2

Goodness.  I'm annoyed with this guy and I don't even know him.  It's uncommon apparently to get Covid twice, but it was recently just reported.  This guy is going to be a case report for some doctor.  Who knows what is going on.  All I know is that it's BUH BYE and saves me the headache of watching how this plays out.  Time to go get me a kicker.

He got Covid Twice. evidently the Jags cant trust this guy to follow the "rules" and stay safe thus throwing him from a starting role. Grab the other RB's!

Edited by SyNdicateZ
  • Thanks 1
15 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

So he got COVID twice?

"Of course, Armstead landing on the list doesn't necessarily mean that he has contracted the coronavirus, but being placed on it does indicate that he either has it or has been exposed to someone who has tested positive."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ryquell-armstead-placed-on-covid-reserve-list-throwing-jaguars-rb-depth-chart-into-even-more-flux/