Brandin Cooks 2020 Outlook

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone will be chasing those points week and he will go 2/35

doesn’t kenny stills have 7 million in guaranteed money for 2020? and doesn’t randall cobb have 18.75 million in guaranteed money coming to him? randall cobb is the slot guy. keke is a "drop" in all b

Name checks out

Amazing destination for him . Fuller will play all of 2 games anyways, & KeKe maybe 4 games hahaha. No but in all seriousness , I like this move alot for the Texans & Cooks himself. 

• Like 1

In April this forum is as interesting as the baseball forum for the first time I can remember in my lifetime.

I just read the Cooks news and sure enough his thread and the Texans thread are at the top of page 1. 

I love Cooks and believe he was underutilized in his last two stops (NE especially). His injury issues are a factor of course but he's in the best position to succeed since he was drafted to NO imo. I will be a buyer at draft time.

It's his 4th team and 3rd one with a good QB. He still hasn't been able to produce like the 1st rounder he was drafted as and has had multiple concussions. Not to mention there are already 2 other speed guys on the team in Fuller and Stills

1 hour ago, devaster said:

New team. New hype. Same old Cooks.

Best fantasy QB hes had since Brees. Probably even better that hes the number one. I think hes good for 1200 / 8. It really depends where he falls in drafts

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Best fantasy QB hes had since Brees. Probably even better that hes the number one. I think hes good for 1200 / 8. It really depends where he falls in drafts

He will be hyped is my estimation.  Asking price will probably be too rich given his concussion history.

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

So career year? I dont see it. And better than hopkins was last year? I dont see it.

Also, brady was kinda good when he played there. He gonna gt eaten alive as "#1"

26 minutes ago, itslarry said:

So career year? I dont see it. And better than hopkins was last year? I dont see it.

Also, brady was kinda good when he played there. He gonna gt eaten alive as "#1"

not sure what cooks role will be either.   He’s much more will Fuller than Nuk Hopkins.. so how do targets get distributed?   

any preliminary thought on Cooks/Fuller redraft ADPs? 

10 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

i’m seeing the 1200/8 as lofty, though i can’t begrudge you if this was labeled as a potential ceiling. cooks netted 1200/5 in 2018, and although goff goffed up 2019, he was QB7 that 2018 year of magic (ahead of brees).

that said, i’m more inclined to side with @devaster on the over-hype (and ADP inflation) and @dontclapGonorrhea on the concussion risk. also, when fuller is playing, i see fuller as the #1. chemistry is there, talent is there. true, we’re looking at 4 full games (plus 2 or 3 partial games). for the other 12 games, i’m looking at stills: for my two cents, he’s just as talented as cooks and has shown rapport with watson. and something weirds me out regarding cooks and his going from team to team to team. also, stills will cost half as much as cooks.

• Like 1

Somehow, Fulller is their biggest WR at 6'.   KeKe seems like the designated slot guy so I have no idea how this works out for Cooks.   My first reaction was "good for Watson".

The only thing that makes me potentially like Cooks is that Fuller and KeKe are always hurt.  But then again, Cooks might be the one that goes down first.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, K197040 said:

The only thing that makes me potentially like Cooks is that Fuller and KeKe are always hurt.  But then again, Cooks might be the one that goes down first.

Cooks seems to be on the same career path as Jordan reed with all these concussionss

53 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Somehow, Fulller is their biggest WR at 6'.   KeKe seems like the designated slot guy so I have no idea how this works out for Cooks.   My first reaction was "good for Watson".

Agreed

Cooks/Fuller dynamic is total mystery as it sits today.  Nuk does so much well in tight quarters and on broken plays.  He’s rarely covered enough to take away a pass attempt.    These two may be much closer In targets

• Like 2
2 hours ago, itslarry said:

If he stays healthy.

He will get more targets as the #1 in houston than he did as the #2 in NE i think. Probably gonna soak up the 150 that hopkins gets. Probably will have a higher ypc than hopkins as well. Just all speculation tho

• Haha 2
Just now, bhawks489 said:

If he stays healthy.

He will get more targets as the #1 in houston than he did as the #2 in NE i think. Probably gonna soak up the 150 that hopkins gets. Probably will have a higher ypc than hopkins as well. Just all speculation tho

So he’s basically an upgraded Hopkins 

👀 

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Hey i never said he would catch more of those targets. But isnt cooks more of a big play receiver?

Little bit.  Career yards per catch is Cooks 14.3, Nuk 13.6.

Career yards per game is Nuk 78.2, Cooks 65.1.

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, sSektor said:

It's his 4th team and 3rd one with a good QB. He still hasn't been able to produce like the 1st rounder he was drafted as and has had multiple concussions. Not to mention there are already 2 other speed guys on the team in Fuller and Stills

The Rams were trying really hard to off-load Brandin Cooks. They'll be thrilled with a 2nd round pick.

It was a terrible contract, but the injury risk had to be a factor: the number of concussions doesn't even include the 'unknown' ones. He's taken a lot more hits, helmet-to-helmet or otherwise. He was always a little guy that played big, and the hits add up a lot faster for those types (remember Wes Welker).

He also didn't look like his normal self last year. He wasn't the same player we saw in previous seasons. There's absolutely no chance of him getting 130+ targets.

47 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Hey i never said he would catch more of those targets. But isnt cooks more of a big play receiver?

At this point, I'd say, yes.  And I think he's also a more complete route runner.  Not that Hopkins is bad but I think he makes most of his moves right off the line and doesn't necessarily have the effective route tree that Cooks does.   But I don't think that offsets the height difference or the catch radius of Hopkins.  Especially if their O-Line is still bad. 

17 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

The Rams were trying really hard to off-load Brandin Cooks. They'll be thrilled with a 2nd round pick.

It was a terrible contract, but the injury risk had to be a factor: the number of concussions doesn't even include the 'unknown' ones. He's taken a lot more hits, helmet-to-helmet or otherwise. He was always a little guy that played big, and the hits add up a lot faster for those types (remember Wes Welker).

He also didn't look like his normal self last year. He wasn't the same player we saw in previous seasons. There's absolutely no chance of him getting 130+ targets.

Most likely outcome is 90-100 targets. And theres absolutely a chance he eclipses 125+ if Fuller were to go down.