Brandin Cooks 2020 Outlook

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone will be chasing those points week and he will go 2/35

doesn’t kenny stills have 7 million in guaranteed money for 2020? and doesn’t randall cobb have 18.75 million in guaranteed money coming to him? randall cobb is the slot guy. keke is a "drop" in all b

Name checks out

9 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

This a good bump now for Cooks with Fuller done for the season ?

He already had good target share. My initial thought is this offense is going to go a bit further in the tank. Cooks is the only threat on offense aside from Watson's legs?

How can Watson keep overcoming losses? It's possible, but we'll see. 

Just now, PlayTheWaivers said:

He already had good target share. My initial thought is this offense is going to go a bit further in the tank. Cooks is the only threat on offense aside from Watson's legs?

How can Watson keep overcoming losses? It's possible, but we'll see. 

a part of me would rather Cooks as the #2 option - he still got the targets, as you mentioned. Wait and see approach now I guess - from the Det game, they can't rely on the running game.

I think this is a positive for Cooks. The overall offense will be less effective but he should see a substantial growth in touchdowns. 

As far as drawing attention away from Cooks, I seem to remember KeKe (sp) having a pretty promising rookie year but then disappeared and was almost cut.

Disappearing and almost being cut isn’t a good sign but on the other hand he’s had success and chemistry with Watson before. Also, seems like they wouldn’t have let Still go unless they had some confidence in KeKe?

Do you think he goes off in a divisional game against Indy this weekend?

With Fuller suspended and Cooks running routes all over the field this season, its safe to assume that his target share will go up right? (it dipped the last two weeks with only 5 targets in each game)

My only concern is that Cooks has never been a true alpha #1 in any offense he's played. He's also not the most physically imposing WR in the game being only 5'10"

Obviously I'm stoked to have him as a flex option, just very curiously optimistic of what's to come. 

Edited by gmoneypm

Perhaps he'll get a few more TD's here and there, but I don't see his yardage getting a bump. 

Teams will just focus more on Cooks, and the deep ball is where he gets most of his yardage.

Having Fuller helped because it kept teams guessing where Watson would go with the deep passes.

Edited by Pooskay
6 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

Perhaps he'll get a few more TD's here and there, but I don't see his yardage getting a bump. 

Teams will just focus more on Cooks, and the deep ball is where he gets most of his yardage.

Having Fuller helped because it kept teams guessing where Watson would go with the deep passes.

Not true, he’s been used mostly in short and intermediate routes with the Texans... Fuller was their deeper threat.

Cooks’ ADOT this season has only been 9.67 yards, which is not even in the Top 100 in the NFL.  

Fuller’s was 12.19 yards this year until the suspension, so it’s clear he was running the deeper route tree.  FWIW, in his limited targets, Stills was even higher at 12.53.

Now, with Fuller out, I’m expecting Cooks to run some of those deeper routes, with Coutee taking some of the underneath stuff.

We’ll see how that affects his production, we know that type of usage is in his wheelhouse.