NBC Sports Edge Forums

Brandin Cooks 2020 Outlook

2 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

They have no defense, a washed up Cobb, and injury prone fuller and stills. They aren’t going to “bring him along slowly” if they plan on being competitive. 

Bill O’Brien is calling and wants to trade Deshaun Watson for Jack Doyle.

Joking aside I agree but it’s not just the fact that the Rams traded Cooks away to one of the worst and most desperate “GM”s and now they are “bringing him along slowly” despite “zero concerns” about Cook’s multiple concussions, it’s also the fact that when he’s healthy Cooks is a great WR and the Saints, Pats and now Rams all trades him away for reasons unexplained. Given this news it seems like the reason they bailed on Cooks is because they think he could have a serious health issue at any moment. And that concern apparently might have been the reason the Saints bailed on him years ago. That is scary to think about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone will be chasing those points week and he will go 2/35

doesn’t kenny stills have 7 million in guaranteed money for 2020? and doesn’t randall cobb have 18.75 million in guaranteed money coming to him? randall cobb is the slot guy. keke is a "drop" in all b

Name checks out

11 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Bill O’Brien is calling and wants to trade Deshaun Watson for Jack Doyle.

Joking aside I agree but it’s not just the fact that the Rams traded Cooks away to one of the worst and most desperate “GM”s and now they are “bringing him along slowly” despite “zero concerns” about Cook’s multiple concussions, it’s also the fact that when he’s healthy Cooks is a great WR and the Saints, Pats and now Rams all trades him away for reasons unexplained. Given this news it seems like the reason they bailed on Cooks is because they think he could have a serious health issue at any moment. And that concern apparently might have been the reason the Saints bailed on him years ago. That is scary to think about.

That being said, has anyone ever been traded for so many high picks? Lol crazy, it’s like he never loses value. 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

That being said, has anyone ever been traded for so many high picks? Lol crazy, it’s like he never loses value. 

He is good when healthy!

It is also interesting that the WR evaluation skills and reputation of the the GM’s that have traded for Cooks descend with each subsequent move.

3 hours ago, FreakFries said:

Ruh Roh :

Texans WR Brandin Cooks, after having his reps "carefully managed" throughout August, could be eased into the team's offensive game plan early in the season. 

The Athletic's Aaron Reiss raised the possibility of a slow start for Cooks, who didn't have anywhere close to the typical number of reps with QB Deshaun Watson during training camp. Cooks has struggled with concussions but said in August that he has "zero" concern about his brain injuries. Reiss said Watson and Cooks "met on their own during the offseason, but will those meetings and limited camp reps allow them to be productive right away?" Cooks is being drafted in the seventh round of 12-team leagues, over receivers like Jarvis Landry and Marvin Jones. 

SOURCE: The Athletic 
Sep 1, 2020, 10:00 AM ET
  •  

There is nothing to this besides speculation from a writer from the athletic....no quotes from coaches or anyone directly associated with the team.  And, based on his reasoning, every free agent and rookie could be “eased into the teams game plan this season” since they have all had limited camp reps.

This blurb provides nothing of substance.  It is shocking what is put on these sites as “news”

• Like 5
16 minutes ago, Loadedbrewer said:

There is nothing to this besides speculation from a writer from the athletic....no quotes from coaches or anyone directly associated with the team.  And, based on his reasoning, every free agent and rookie could be “eased into the teams game plan this season” since they have all had limited camp reps.

This blurb provides nothing of substance.  It is shocking what is put on these sites as “news”

Agree.  All this "yeah we are easing him in" gets thrown out the door once the first game starts anyway.  You think they're going to sit a star WR when the game's on the line?

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, kp96 said:

Agree.  All this "yeah we are easing him in" gets thrown out the door once the first game starts anyway.  You think they're going to sit a star WR when the game's on the line?

Completely agree. Watson is going to target him & Fuller a lot! I for one hope he stays healthy, as I think him & Watson can put up some good #'s this season. 

25 minutes ago, kp96 said:

Look at their first matchup too. Gonna need all the offense they can get. He's probly going deep anyway, so not like he has to learn a ton

Edited by scheibler
1 hour ago, Loadedbrewer said:

that’s a good point. 

Still, it’s the first I have heard that Cooks has been having his reps “carefully managed.” This combined with Cooks playing well but continuously getting traded away and the fact that he had two concussions last year alone is a little unnerving.

I can see this ending very well or very poorly. The concussion risk is heavily baked into his ADP. But if he stays healthy, he’d have to outproduce his ADP I would think. I can’t see Fuller as a target hog and Fuller had some big drops last year. I would think Cooks or either D Johnson would be the preferred target on a 3rd and intermediate.

8 hours ago, WaiverLooter said:

I can see this ending very well or very poorly. The concussion risk is heavily baked into his ADP. But if he stays healthy, he’d have to outproduce his ADP I would think. I can’t see Fuller as a target hog and Fuller had some big drops last year. I would think Cooks or either D Johnson would be the preferred target on a 3rd and intermediate.

I like Cooks where he is going in drafts but I can see HOU getting off to a really slow start and building chemistry as the season goes along. This team has new pieces at RB and WR

4 minutes ago, affliction said:

I can see HOU getting off to a really slow start and building chemistry as the season goes along. This team has new pieces at RB and WR

I wouldn't be too concerned about that... WR/RB are pretty interchangeable and Watson is typically improvising most of the time anyways. The offense will go as fast as Watson carries it.

35 minutes ago, affliction said:

I like Cooks where he is going in drafts but I can see HOU getting off to a really slow start and building chemistry as the season goes along. This team has new pieces at RB and WR

29 minutes ago, smeeze said:

I wouldn't be too concerned about that... WR/RB are pretty interchangeable and Watson is typically improvising most of the time anyways. The offense will go as fast as Watson carries it.

I already quoted him and then saw Smeeze said exactly what I was gonna say.

Watson is gonna throw a ton this year and when he throws the ball the Texans score points.  

Last time the Texans played the Chiefs they scored 31 points.  

Watson and all 3 receivers had strong games.  I don't foresee anything slow starting, especially in the first game of the year with 2 teams with below average defenses, and in Houston's case... a well below average defense against highest octane offense in current NFL.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Think Cooks will have a better year than Robert Woods? Because with all of the talk on here it seems people think he is going to be?

I would much rather own Woods if forced to choose between the 2. Woods will be more consistent, Cooks will be more boom/bust. Cooks much more injury risk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Think Cooks will have a better year than Robert Woods? Because with all of the talk on here it seems people think he is going to be?

Their ADP is separated by about 40 slots so I think you'll be hard pressed to find someone making that claim. 

You might find value arguments however, for example I think I'd prefer cooks 40 slots later than Woods because I don't expect the scoring difference to be that large. 

Brandon cooks also hasn't gotten a concussion in 2020 yet though, so we'll see. 

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares
  • Haha 1

I think that either Cooks or Fuller will be a 1000+ yard receiver this season and there's a slim change that both will if they can stay healthy.  It's just a matter of guessing which one will.  I think that Fuller has the best chance if he can play a full season for once but that's probably asking too much.  Both Cooks and Fuller present big value where they're being drafted especially Cooks.

Edited by sjm76
1 minute ago, zen25 said:

Vegas has the O/U at 54.5.

I get the rust factor and no pre-season and all that, but I feel good about locking in the over on that number. 

As for ESPN predictions I'm not sure they've predicted anything correctly in my lifetime. 

I gave up reading or listening to their analysts in like 2014 when they made sensationalism their bread and butter. 

I don't know exactly what will happen on Thursday, but I can say for certain that ESPN will not be close to correct. 

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, zen25 said:

That's laughable. Chiefs D isn't going to hold anyone to a TD, let alone Watson not finding a way to score

• Like 2