NBC Sports Edge Forums

Brandin Cooks 2020 Outlook

44 minutes ago, turner46 said:

As they say start your studs!!!

If you drafted him as your WR4 or you have a DJax or other option by all means take the safe route. 4 straight top 15 seasons then was en route to another before a week 5 concussion last season entering a game where that has the highest over/under of the week and the Texans are the week's biggest underdog so game script should be pro Texans passing.

No sir. My WR5 can go off on the bench. I’d play him over DJax though. Both are walking injuries.

• Like 3
  • Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone will be chasing those points week and he will go 2/35

doesn’t kenny stills have 7 million in guaranteed money for 2020? and doesn’t randall cobb have 18.75 million in guaranteed money coming to him? randall cobb is the slot guy. keke is a "drop" in all b

Name checks out

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

No sir. My WR5 can go off on the bench. I’d play him over DJax though. Both are walking injuries.

DJax vs Washington I would and am playing in multiple leagues but I'm using Cooks in 2 (1 out of necessity and 1 out of safety with Sutton injured and not playing until Monday) sitting him in multiple leagues that I can afford to.

• Like 1

Looking over Houston's receivers...classic Bill O'Brien: Fuller, Cooks, Stills and Cobb. Barf. All of them are the slighter/speedier type of receiver and, except for Stills, all have massive injury histories. Fuller is the only one young enough to have any real upside and none of them are good at beating press coverage, winning jump balls, or making difficult catches in traffic. Good thing they traded Nuk....

Edited by EaglesRocker97
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

DJax has the Redskins week 1.  This means he'll have 5 catches for 170 yards and 2 scores.  He'll get injured in practice next week.  It has been foretold.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 9/3/2020 at 9:12 AM, smeeze said:

I wouldn't be too concerned about that... WR/RB are pretty interchangeable and Watson is typically improvising most of the time anyways. The offense will go as fast as Watson carries it.

Not a good start he will be doing a lot of improv if that’s how the line is this year 

Edited by affliction
48 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

It's just Week 1, calm down. If he is your WR4/5 then just wait it out and see what develops.

I’m in this camp. It’s a long season and Cooks has had success wherever he has played. Watson clearly needs him. 

Given the schedule, it’s going to be a rough couple of weeks but things should open up after that.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, FreakFries said:

I’m in this camp. It’s a long season and Cooks has had success wherever he has played. Watson clearly needs him. 

Given the schedule, it’s going to be a rough couple of weeks but things should open up after that.

This.

I mean, given the injury and whole new situation, expectations were justifiable way below what should be Cook's average as the season continues, right?...right?

1 hour ago, munygon2 said:

Anyone else cutting him after what we saw last night?  It wasn't a good start at all, seems like a very hit and miss situation where you'll never know when to play him.

He was barely cleared with the hamstring and it's his first game with them and Watson with a limited camp.

I mean I didn't draft him, but if you did you had to know this was going to be the low water mark.  You gotta wait it out a few games, if nothing else just to see if Fuller gets hurt.

• Like 3

He's still the second option with multiple 1000 yard reception seasons under his belt. I doubt there is a similar caliber WR on the waiver wire currently that has that pedigree. So if you're just dropping him for another WR, it's going to be a lateral move at best.

Now if you're willing to gamble on someone like Malcolm Brown or Boston Scott or any other fringe RB starter that can take over a backfield, I can perhaps see the logic in that, especially if you went the 0 RB route or just lack RB depth in general.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, yahyahtrick said:

Anybody with injured WRs brave enough to roll him out this week?

nope, he's dealing with a quad himself and its a horrible matchup against a top ravens secondary. I'd risk it in more favorable matchup but not baltimore

He's been dropped in two of my leagues.  One of which I'm decimated at WR (AJB, Parker, Deebo).  Opted to pick up MVS instead vs Detroit's crappy secondary.  I don’t think Cooks would even be my second or third choice.  But I have to add I owned him last year, so he was a dnd this year.