Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Brandin Cooks 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone will be chasing those points week and he will go 2/35

doesn’t kenny stills have 7 million in guaranteed money for 2020? and doesn’t randall cobb have 18.75 million in guaranteed money coming to him? randall cobb is the slot guy. keke is a "drop" in all b

Name checks out

1 hour ago, Squidward said:

How do you all feel about Cooks this week? Is he a play or will you wait and see if this continues first?

Firing him up. But I take the risk knowing he can put up minimal points or we get what he did last week. The guy still has it and Titans CBs are beatable.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It all depends on if the targets / production was due to the regime change as it looked like they made it a point to get him the ball. If so, I expect Cooks to be a WR2 ROS, he looked good out there.

Edited by yahyahtrick
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, yahyahtrick said:

It all depends on if the targets / production was a product of the regime change as it looked like they made it a point to get him the ball. If so, I expect Cooks to be a WR2 ROS, he looked good out there.

I'm confident for WR3 with WR2 potential.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, yahyahtrick said:

It all depends on if the targets / production was due to the regime change as it looked like they made it a point to get him the ball. If so, I expect Cooks to be a WR2 ROS, he looked good out there.

You have high expectations but it's definitely within Cooks range of outcomes to finish the season as a WR2.

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

I'm confident for WR3 with WR2 potential.

This is what I'm expecting. Through five weeks he is my league's WR35. I would rank him closer to the 26-30 range ROS so a strong WR3 with WR2 production some weeks

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Silent-Trader said:

 

Confused GIFs | Tenor

I said he'll land in the WR3/4 range. He has WR2 potential. I'm comfortable predicting him to be a WR3 though. He could possibly push into that WR2 territory. I just don't see the consistency to get him there.

Edited by FitzMagic
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I said he'll land in the WR3/4 range. He has WR2 potential. I'm comfortable predicting him to be a WR3 though. He could possibly push into that WR2 territory. I just don't see the consistency to get him there.

I know the knock on Cooks is consistency, but if you go back to his last 1000 yard season in 2018 that's not the case. He scored double digit fantasy points in 11 of 15 games played. He's in on 95 + percent of Houston's snaps. Sounds pretty consistent to me. Obviously he's been boom or bust to start 2020 -- but I think you can blame that on a shortened off season with a new team and a soft tissue injury that limited early on.

My only concern with Cooks is his health. Any more concussions would be terrible for him. Unfortunately with the position he plays it's bound to happen again. Hopefully not this year. Ride Cooks until the wheels fall off IMO. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

I know the knock on Cooks is consistency, but if you go back to his last 1000 yard season in 2018 that's not the case. He scored double digit fantasy points in 11 of 15 games played. He's in on 95 + percent of Houston's snaps. Sounds pretty consistent to me. Obviously he's been boom or bust to start 2020 -- but I think you can blame that on a shortened off season with a new team and a soft tissue injury that limited early on.

My only concern with Cooks is his health. Any more concussions would be terrible for him. Unfortunately with the position he plays it's bound to happen again. Hopefully not this year. Ride Cooks until the wheels fall off IMO. 

Love the info. If you have routes run per drop back that’s a great stat to have. I like how Deshaun even said they wanted to make a point and get him involved early and often. They succeeded in doing that, but whose to say that won’t happen again? I am in no way expecting Cooks to turn into a PPR monster, but with him being on the field so much, it gives me much more confidence starting him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

Love the info. If you have routes run per drop back that’s a great stat to have. I like how Deshaun even said they wanted to make a point and get him involved early and often. They succeeded in doing that, but whose to say that won’t happen again? I am in no way expecting Cooks to turn into a PPR monster, but with him being on the field so much, it gives me much more confidence starting him.

92.6 %

Another interesting stat is Cooks catchable target rate (63.6 %) which ranks 95th in the league. Not sure if he and Watson just need more time together or what. But if that number increases so will his production. Btw, he does have a tough matchup this week against the veteran Johnathan Joseph who has the 19th best coverage rating in the NFL.

source: https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/brandin-cooks/

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jetdog16 said:

92.6 %

Another interesting stat is Cooks catchable target rate (63.6 %) which ranks 95th in the league. Not sure if he and Watson just need more time together or what. But if that number increases so will his production. Btw, he does have a tough matchup this week against the veteran Johnathan Joseph who has the 19th best coverage rating in the NFL.

source: https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/brandin-cooks/

JJo can’t cover Cooks. He’s too fast for him. He’s going to burn him at least a handful of times so it just depends on if Watson can get him the ball. This isn’t a matchup you shy away from, this is one you target. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TwoCan Sam said:

So I guess he’s back to every week WR2 territory...

 

1 hour ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

 

WR2? No. Wr3? Yes

 

Both are accurate, he's at WR27 before the Monday night games. He's a WR3 with WR2 upside. I'm very happy since I picked him up as a FA. He's not plug-n-play yet, but it's clear he's moving up and Watson is starting to trust him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Silent-Trader said:

 

 

Both are accurate, he's at WR27 before the Monday night games. He's a WR3 with WR2 upside. I'm very happy since I picked him up as a FA. He's not plug-n-play yet, but it's clear he's moving up and Watson is starting to trust him.

And remember with the Rams he had to content with Kupp and Woods. He's going to be more of the focal point in Houston and lets not forget his main contender for targets is made of glass. Not saying Cooks is made of steal but you get my point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

And remember with the Rams he had to content with Kupp and Woods. He's going to be more of the focal point in Houston and lets not forget his main contender for targets is made of glass. Not saying Cooks is made of steal but you get my point.

Good point, but I think he needs Fuller. I think Cooks is an ideal WR2 or 1a/1b. Neither are Nuk, but together they can do damage. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Silent-Trader said:

Good point, but I think he needs Fuller. I think Cooks is an ideal WR2 or 1a/1b. Neither are Nuk, but together they can do damage. 

If only they had a guy like Hopkins to compliment cooks with

Link to post
Share on other sites

Four redzone targets is pretty good for a “WR3”. Watson is looking his way and balling out.
 

This offense is heating up and you want to get a piece of it.

Edited by Brettg57
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...