NBC Sports Edge Forums

Did I make the right decision?

I recently made this trade in dynasty, and was wondering if I made a mistake or if it was a good trade:

SEND 1.12, 3.05

RECEIVE 2.03, 2.07

I felt good about the trade when I offered it, but now that it is accepted, I’m having doubts if it was the right move. This class is so deep, that I thought that moving back 4 spots from 1.12 to 2.03 and moving up from 3.05 to 2.07 was worth it. I already have 1.06, so now I have 1.06, 2.03, 2.07, instead of 1.06, 1.12, 3.05

27 minutes ago, DonaldsDucks said:

I like it. Really deep draft, you'll still have lots of options at 2.03. Worth moving up from the 3.05.

Thanks. I feel like there are 2 top tiers that are 8-9 deep and then after that there are a bunch of players that have a lot of value. So the 1.12 and 2.03 won’t have too big of a difference in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, jcedwards said:

Thanks. I feel like there are 2 top tiers that are 8-9 deep and then after that there are a bunch of players that have a lot of value. So the 1.12 and 2.03 won’t have too big of a difference in my opinion. 

Completely agree. You won't get your pick of that next tier, but the value will be extremely similar.

10 hours ago, jcedwards said:

I recently made this trade in dynasty, and was wondering if I made a mistake or if it was a good trade:

SEND 1.12, 3.05

RECEIVE 2.03, 2.07

I felt good about the trade when I offered it, but now that it is accepted, I’m having doubts if it was the right move. This class is so deep, that I thought that moving back 4 spots from 1.12 to 2.03 and moving up from 3.05 to 2.07 was worth it. I already have 1.06, so now I have 1.06, 2.03, 2.07, instead of 1.06, 1.12, 3.05

Good call IMO as well

1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

Yeah it’s a goood move I think. 

who are you targeting?

I actually thought about targeting Burrow/ Tua. I have Mahomes as my locked in starter going forward, but my backups aren’t great. I have Derek Carr (who could be replaced in the draft) and Winston (who will probably be a backup for the season). I have a good feeling that 1 of them will be there. 

I’m pretty set at my other positions, so I don’t have a huge need:

RB- Barkley, Kamara, Mixon, A Jones, J Hill, Hines, Gio, Thompson, Pollard (taxi)

WR- Thomas, Cooper, OBJ, Sutton (taxi), Fitz, Perriman, Reynolds, Diontae Johnson (taxi)

TE- Ertz, Goedert, Njoku

I figure that I can move back and grab one of those and then have that other 2nd round pick from the trade. And if both QBs are gone, then a good WR/ RB will fall to me. 

22 minutes ago, jcedwards said:

I actually thought about targeting Burrow/ Tua. I have Mahomes as my locked in starter going forward, but my backups aren’t great. I have Derek Carr (who could be replaced in the draft) and Winston (who will probably be a backup for the season). I have a good feeling that 1 of them will be there. 

I’m pretty set at my other positions, so I don’t have a huge need:

RB- Barkley, Kamara, Mixon, A Jones, J Hill, Hines, Gio, Thompson, Pollard (taxi)

WR- Thomas, Cooper, OBJ, Sutton (taxi), Fitz, Perriman, Reynolds, Diontae Johnson (taxi)

TE- Ertz, Goedert, Njoku

I figure that I can move back and grab one of those and then have that other 2nd round pick from the trade. And if both QBs are gone, then a good WR/ RB will fall to me. 

Oh thats a no brainer. Burrow/Tua would be a good pick and then if cole kmet is there on your next 2nd rounder he might be a good pick (depending on landing spot)

11 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

Oh thats a no brainer. Burrow/Tua would be a good pick and then if cole kmet is there on your next 2nd rounder he might be a good pick (depending on landing spot)

I may change my mind, according to who’s available at that pick, but as of right now, I’m leaning toward one of them.