NBC Sports Edge Forums

What I don’t get is how anyone could think Bernard is better than Mixon at anything on a football field. Bigger, stronger, equal receiver skills...after 3 full seasons you give a guy $12 mil/year & he can’t give good pass pro??? That’s crap. Mixon should be a 3-down workhorse & Taylor should get BBQ’d daily until he admits Bernard sucks

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mixon is easily a Top 5/10 RB talent wise, however, he’s on a terrible team, with a terrible OL, with terrible clueless coaches in a terrible organization that don’t know wtf they’re doing.   

This dude is gonna shut up ALL the haters this week with a phenomenal matchup on tap...watch.     bold prediction: 14 carries, 64 yards rushing, 3 receptions for 23 yards.  BOOK IT

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Flyman75 said:

Yeah man, and I’m sorry I doubted you about the OL. I thought there would be at least some improvement and that would make Mix a bit better than last year. Good heavens...that OL is unreal. Painful to watch Mixon dodging DL in the backfield and to watch Burrow run for his life repeatedly. Utterly awful OL. 

Just stupid. Only the bengals would give bobby hart a 3 yr contract and keep him as the starting RT on this team. The guy’s a backup at best.

2 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Just stupid. Only the bengals would give bobby hart a 3 yr contract and keep him as the starting RT on this team. The guy’s a backup at best.

Yep, I was being stupid. Lol. I don’t blame anyone for letting Mixon ride the bench for a while to wait for a turnaround. I still believe very much in the talent...just have zero faith in the OL I watched tonight unless something drastic changes. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Flyman75 said:

Yep, I was being stupid. Lol. I don’t blame anyone for letting Mixon ride the bench for a while to wait for a turnaround. I still believe very much in the talent...just have zero faith in the OL I watched tonight unless something drastic changes. 

No change until next year, my man. Fix up the right side of the line, and things will start to look better. 

who would've thought this guy is still in the same situation as i drafted him his rookie year in 2017. 3 years, and still no O-Line wtf??? O-line's don't miraculously get better too, so theres gonna be a lot of 2.8 ypc type games. i don't blame mixon at all, just a s---y situation for him and burrows. going to kill their careers. mixon had like 4-5 yard carries tonight behind that line. 

won't overreact but we need some cheap td's or chunk plays. we need more catches/3rd down roles for him to have decent value. however doesn't look like we will get his ADP value. passed up on Jones, Drake, Chubb...

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Trade Monster said:

Let's look at the good here. There was a stretch that he caught a few passes.which is definitely a good sign. He was close to having a TD. The sad part is he barely played the 4th. I am okay with the last drive because the game was pretty much over. Yes ther was a  hance of getting the onside kick, but Gio is a better pass catcher. He definitely will have some better games. He was the 14th pick for me and yes I wish I Hopkins, but I do believe his time.is coming soo.er than later.

This is where my confusion comes in. Why do you think Gio is a better pass catcher? Does mixon have stone hands? Does he not produce yards after the catch? Idk if you watched the game but he had an incredible route and catch across the middle. Looked like a WR out there. They looked like a decent team for like 3 min out of that game and then they just stop and have Burrow throw bombs downfield. 

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 4
13 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

This is where my confusion comes in. Why do you think Gio is a better pass catcher? Does mixon have stone hands? Does he not produce yards after the catch? Idk if you watched the game but he had an incredible route and catch across the middle. Looked like a WR out there. They looked like a decent team for like 3 min out of that game and then they just stop and have Burrow throw bombs downfield. 

Yup going into halftime mixon had a stretch where he was moving the chains but idk how or why they went away from it. They needed to pass to him more 

Next few games 

@ Eagles 

VS Jax 

@baltimore 

@indy 

vs Cleveland 

vs Tennessee 

Bye week 

yup looks like we wasted a pick. 
i don’t feel confident starting in a single game i just listed above 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is it possible the coaches know they will not be a playoff team this year and the goal is therefore to do everything they can to help Burrow develop as quickly as possible?

What better way than to have him chuck the ball around all game? And while you're at it, conserve the wear and tear on your stud RB.

Probably silly thinking....but forced to speculate at this point.

12 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

Is it possible the coaches know they will not be a playoff team this year and the goal is therefore to do everything they can to help Burrow develop as quickly as possible?

What better way than to have him chuck the ball around all game? And while you're at it, conserve the wear and tear on your stud RB.

Probably silly thinking....but forced to speculate at this point.

No.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, brosephd said:

who would've thought this guy is still in the same situation as i drafted him his rookie year in 2017. 3 years, and still no O-Line wtf??? O-line's don't miraculously get better too, so theres gonna be a lot of 2.8 ypc type games. i don't blame mixon at all, just a s---y situation for him and burrows. going to kill their careers. mixon had like 4-5 yard carries tonight behind that line. 

won't overreact but we need some cheap td's or chunk plays. we need more catches/3rd down roles for him to have decent value. however doesn't look like we will get his ADP value. passed up on Jones, Drake, Chubb...

Great post. It's still "preseason",the Bengals were the worst last yr, 61 pass attempts is the 2nd most EVER i think, Gio is a lil snake, the o line stinks. not to mention the Browns run D was pretty good against the Ravens last week..everything went wrong the past two games

I have the depth to sit him but benching your top pick in week  two or three is a gut punch.  I  wasn't confident in him this week tbh and he did do slightly better than last. I'll roll with him one more time and if he he flops use better options till his famous "2nd half explosion."

Edited by NInsko
54 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

The question for Mixon owners now is did you draft a good enough squad around him to make the playoffs? He's going go sink a lot of teams.

I mean probably not if I was stupid enough to draft Mixon I probably made a bunch of other stupid draft choices 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
39 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Good buy low?

Or stay away because the O-line blows?

Who the hell knows. I’m still optimistic but the ceiling is only going to be so high with that offensive line and bad defense. I still think they’ll get better as the year goes on. we’re talking about back to back games against DLines with all-pro talent, but still, that was badddd. Again. 

At this point we’ll be happy to get RB 9-12. The top 6 ceiling hopes are realistically gone. He has enough volume to be a high end RB2 at least, imo, as this offense feels more and things come together, but there’s also a real chance to expect him to suck the next handful of weeks and tank your team. Just sucks. 

I’d lean more towards avoid unless you have a stable WR corps and can trade one for him and hope he turns it on at some point. He’s a nice buy low for a somewhat stacked team but not for one that would need him to be a building block. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
38 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Good buy low?

Or stay away because the O-line blows?

Hard to tell. I drafted Mixon last year and I know when you heard the different podcasts there was a vast majority which said you probably can cut Mixon if there is some new toy on the WW. The Oline was as crappy as this year and he couldn't get anything going. Miraculously everything turned around after their bye week and he was involved in the passing game and even get a good portion of rushing yardage. So the oline sucks, they want the new QB to throw, Bernard is in the mix with his total crazy contract, he is not playing third downs and 2 minute drills. The only positive factors are it's still early in the season and you have the benchmark of 2019 what can happen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Klientel said:

It kills me to think about the RBs/WRs I passed on to take this guy....

He's a team killer if you didn't draft properly.

Yep. Adams was the way to go at the end of the first in PPR and not RB. RB after round 3 will outscore Mixon like Taylor, Hunt, etc.

what a nightmare scenario... i guess hes going on the bench if he can't produce in the next two weeks (PHI and JAX)

realistically speaking, what do you guys think are his comps? mid-to-low tier RB2 such as David Johnson, Melvin Gordon or Todd Gurley?