NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mixon is easily a Top 5/10 RB talent wise, however, he’s on a terrible team, with a terrible OL, with terrible clueless coaches in a terrible organization that don’t know wtf they’re doing.   

This dude is gonna shut up ALL the haters this week with a phenomenal matchup on tap...watch.     bold prediction: 14 carries, 64 yards rushing, 3 receptions for 23 yards.  BOOK IT

Posted Images

1 minute ago, griffin727 said:

I really am dumbfounded it's this bad. I know the line isn't good, but it also hasn't been in recent years either. 

Rookie QB. Terrible line. An apparent dipshit coach letting a rookie sling the ball 60 times a game. 

Recipe for disaster. You just have to hold and hope it gets better. Hope you got one of the lotto RB's off waiver because until we see improvement, Mixon is not startable. 

• Like 2

Bench him for who tho ... y'all say it like it’s so easy.

Mixon was a 1st round pick for plenty of folks. At worst a 2nd

For better or worse you’re starting him for the ROS. 

I rather play Mixon than some jag RB or waiver wire fodder. 

Just gotta hope Cincy figures things out sooner rather than later.

If you really don’t believe, just wait for his blow up game then ship him out.

I will say this. I very rarely fall for the fluff of hyped players that goes against my gut instinct. But with mixon finishing the season strong last year and a new QB we can’t really fault ourselves for falling into the trap. So it is what it is. The thing with football is it’s a loooong season. Just have to weather the storm. The bright side is things can’t get any worst.

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

I will say this. I very rarely fall for the fluff of hyped players that goes against my gut instinct. But with mixon finishing the season strong last year and a new QB we can’t really fault ourselves for falling into the trap. So it is what it is. The thing with football is it’s a loooong season. Just have to weather the storm. The bright side is things can’t get any worst.

agreed. Jax should at least allow a decent game. I’ll be trotting him back out there and holding my nose. 

unfortunately, the offensive line is absolutely terrible...probably the worst in football. And his schedule for a running back is probably the worst one too. Both of these have been noted but I’m reinforcing it. Barring a big time gel on the line by mid season RB1 hopes seem gone. It’d be wise to sell if he can sniff 15-20 against Jax. 

27 minutes ago, aapox said:

agreed. Jax should at least allow a decent game. I’ll be trotting him back out there and holding my nose. 

unfortunately, the offensive line is absolutely terrible...probably the worst in football. And his schedule for a running back is probably the worst one too. Both of these have been noted but I’m reinforcing it. Barring a big time gel on the line by mid season RB1 hopes seem gone. It’d be wise to sell if he can sniff 15-20 against Jax. 

I don’t pay too much attention to schedules Because they change every year but his isn’t the best but it’s not the worst either. Only problem i see is steelers week 15. Champ week he plays the Texans and Conner just had his best game so not too worried. Starting from week 11 “wash football team lol”, giants, dolphins, cowboys, then steelers bad matchup but Texans don’t scare me too much. Fairly light schedule.

Edited by StevenSC400
10 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

I don’t pay too much attention to schedules Because they change every year but his isn’t the best but it’s not the worst either. Only problem i see is steelers week 15. Champ week he plays the Texans and Conner just had his best game so not too worried. Starting from week 11 “wash football team lol”, giants, dolphins, cowboys, then steelers bad matchup but Texans don’t scare me too much. Fairly light schedule.

I think the schedule sucks.  Baltimore week 5, Cleveland again who they could not block at all in week 7.  Haven't watched Indy but Robinson and Cook didn't blow up against them, and you have to assume that Mixon will have a harder time than them given the putrid offensive line.  You saw Pittsburgh hold Barkley to 6 yards on 15 runs, and Cincy's line is maybe on par with NYGs?  He gets them in weeks 10 and 15.  Washington has one of the best defensive lines in the game and they decimated Philly's banged up line, I'm guessing it would be similarly ugly against Cincy in week 11.  Cleveland did well against them today but they have a much better run game than Cincy.

Even the matchups that might not scare you you have to grade on a curve when opposing this trash Cincy line.  Average defenses become good, good defenses become phenomenal at stopping the run.  I wish I could share your optimism but it doesn't add up for me.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

I think the schedule sucks.  Baltimore week 5, Cleveland again who they could not block at all in week 7.  Haven't watched Indy but Robinson and Cook didn't blow up against them, and you have to assume that Mixon will have a harder time than them given the putrid offensive line.  You saw Pittsburgh hold Barkley to 6 yards on 15 runs, and Cincy's line is maybe on par with NYGs?  He gets them in weeks 10 and 15.  Washington has one of the best defensive lines in the game and they decimated Philly's banged up line, I'm guessing it would be similarly ugly against Cincy in week 11.  Cleveland did well against them today but they have a much better run game than Cincy.

Even the matchups that might not scare you you have to grade on a curve when opposing this trash Cincy line.  Average defenses become good, good defenses become phenomenal at stopping the run.  I wish I could share your optimism but it doesn't add up for me.

I’m already looking ahead. I’m not expecting anything from mixon till after the bye week. Forget about starting him before then. 

1 minute ago, StevenSC400 said:

I’m already looking ahead. I’m not expecting anything from mixon till after the bye week. Forget about starting him before then. 

Still faces three of those defenses, line still likely to suck.  I don't know how they magically got the running game together in the second half of last year, supposedly changed the scheme or something, but I'm not counting on that happening again.  Hoping it does obviously.

We can pour the blame on Mixon all day long, but the play calls for him have been absolutely garbage by Cincinnati. They’re really not giving him a chance to do anything between the tackles because they’re just giving him stupid toss plays and outside runs. We say the o-line is bad but at the start of that Cleveland game last week he was picking up nice chunk yards up the middle on the ground until a holding call that called back a run of 14 yards or so. Ever since that play it’s like they refuse to try and run north to south. Which I find weird cause he is supposed to be one of the best backs after contact. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, mikepferrara said:

We can pour the blame on Mixon all day long, but the play calls for him have been absolutely garbage by Cincinnati. They’re really not giving him a chance to do anything between the tackles because they’re just giving him stupid toss plays and outside runs. We say the o-line is bad but at the start of that Cleveland game last week he was picking up nice chunk yards up the middle on the ground until a holding call that called back a run of 14 yards or so. Ever since that play it’s like they refuse to try and run north to south. Which I find weird cause he is supposed to be one of the best backs after contact. 

But Zac Taylor knows Sean McVay!!

• Haha 4

Way too many shotgun draws; way too many telegraphed run plays; no screens, dump offs, or any attempt to get him into space through the passing game; way too much contact behind the line of scrimmage.

Fire this Sean McVay's poolboy MFer into the sun.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Bench him for who tho ... y'all say it like it’s so easy.

Mixon was a 1st round pick for plenty of folks. At worst a 2nd

For better or worse you’re starting him for the ROS. 

I rather play Mixon than some jag RB or waiver wire fodder. 

Just gotta hope Cincy figures things out sooner rather than later.

If you really don’t believe, just wait for his blow up game then ship him out.

A lot of people have James Robinson who was a free add depending on when you drafted. Jrob is a no question play over Mixon. A lot of people also went heavy running back so have at least 3 quality backs so they can bench him and throw a wideout in the flex. Some are in keepers and can trade picks so may have abnormal depth. Many variations are out there where Mixon can be benched until signs of life. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, meverett85 said:

I noticed the body language of Mixon and Boyd today....they weren't even trying to hide their disgust with the O-line.

[...] 

Yeh they zoomed in on Boyd after one play the line got blown up and I laughed.