NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mixon is easily a Top 5/10 RB talent wise, however, he’s on a terrible team, with a terrible OL, with terrible clueless coaches in a terrible organization that don’t know wtf they’re doing.   

This dude is gonna shut up ALL the haters this week with a phenomenal matchup on tap...watch.     bold prediction: 14 carries, 64 yards rushing, 3 receptions for 23 yards.  BOOK IT

Posted Images

is anybody else concerned that the injury is to the foot and not the ankle? Foot injuries for these pro athletes seem like they often take a very long time to get over and can often linger or get re-aggravated. 

Is it actually a Lisfranc injury? I did 15 seconds of research on wikipedia and found this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisfranc_injury#:~:text=A Lisfranc injury%2C also known,after Jacques Lisfranc de St.

Options include operative or non-operative treatment. One study claims that in athletes, and if the dislocation is less than 2 mm, the fracture can be managed with casting for six weeks.[13] The person's injured limb cannot bear weight during this period. 

that seems....bad.

Edited by yossarian
  • Like 1

so as a mixon owner, i was going to drop gio before this week because i thought mixon would definitely be back after the bye. but now theres a big cloud of uncertainty and i will have to explore other avenues... this definitely sucks. 

9 minutes ago, yossarian said:

is anybody else concerned that the injury is to the foot and not the ankle? Foot injuries for these pro athletes seem like they often take a very long time to get over and can often linger or get re-aggravated. 

Is it actually a Lisfranc injury? I did 15 seconds of research on wikipedia and found this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisfranc_injury#:~:text=A Lisfranc injury%2C also known,after Jacques Lisfranc de St.

Options include operative or non-operative treatment. One study claims that in athletes, and if the dislocation is less than 2 mm, the fracture can be managed with casting for six weeks.[13] The person's injured limb cannot bear weight during this period. 

that seems....bad.

This all seems.. shady. Taylor is still being stubborn and disclosing no new information. I was under the impression it was a foot sprain not a ankle injury. Maybe Mixon further injured it when he went back into the game for the second half.

Another first round pick in 2020 bites the dust.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, yossarian said:

that seems....bad.

Hate to say it but 20-30% chance he comes back. Lisfrancs are no joke... That and the Bengals are 1-6 and they would prob ride wit gio n Williams ROS ...

15 minutes ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

Hate to say it but 20-30% chance he comes back. Lisfrancs are no joke... That and the Bengals are 1-6 and they would prob ride wit gio n Williams ROS ...

to be fair--i can't find any sources that say it is DEFINITELY a Lisfranc. Everything I've found says "midfoot sprain OR Lisfranc". 

22 minutes ago, yossarian said:

to be fair--i can't find any sources that say it is DEFINITELY a Lisfranc. Everything I've found says "midfoot sprain OR Lisfranc". 

Nobody outside his doctors and the Bengals themselves could give any kind of percentage chance of him being out week 10 or beyond and so far they seem pretty set on not giving any information on that. I'd take that 20-30% from above and feel free to ignore until anything is confirmed. Otherwise it's speculation. 

The Bengals have nothing to lose.  They aren't going anywhere this year and have a real strong future assuming Burrow continues to develop.  If they get some OL help they can be a playoff team next year...

Long story short, they have no reason to rush Mixon back and Mixon has no reason to rush back.  It's in everyone's best interest if he takes the extra 2 weeks and gets to 100% since it benefits no one for him to play at less than 100. 

17 minutes ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

The Bengals have nothing to lose.  They aren't going anywhere this year and have a real strong future assuming Burrow continues to develop.  If they get some OL help they can be a playoff team next year...

Long story short, they have no reason to rush Mixon back and Mixon has no reason to rush back.  It's in everyone's best interest if he takes the extra 2 weeks and gets to 100% since it benefits no one for him to play at less than 100. 

Extra 5 weeks!

Anyone worried Gio will get a larger role even when Mixon is healthy? Feel like Taylor goes right back to Gio in on every 3rd down and most passing game targets going to Gio. Admittedly, Gio has played quite well and this is where my concern comes from.

Just now, harck said:

Anyone worried Gio will get a larger role even when Mixon is healthy? Feel like Taylor goes right back to Gio in on every 3rd down and most passing game targets going to Gio. Admittedly, Gio has played quite well and this is where my concern comes from.

I would be a little worried but Mixon is still going to the starter. He was averaging 23 touches a game, maybe the comes down to 17-20. Who knows.

1 hour ago, StevenSC400 said:

What I don’t get is how does gio always play so well when mixon is out but mixon seems to have trouble putting up numbers like gio. If mixon is that much better how is this happening.

thats what i came in here to ask. unless mixon demands more attention/game plan. only answer i can think of

5 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

What I don’t get is how does gio always play so well when mixon is out but mixon seems to have trouble putting up numbers like gio. If mixon is that much better how is this happening.

Because they give Gio the bellcow role when Mixon is out. Unfortunately when Mixon is healthy they don't use him enough in the passing game, and Gio usually gets to be on the field for most of the third downs/hurry up packages. Mixon would put up solid RB1 numbers if they used him in a true bellcow role.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

Go look at game logs of games where Gio is out. He would've tripled what Gio did yesterday. 

Bottom line is a win is a win. 

Zac Taylor hates Mixon, this win over a top NFL team has given him the juice to make it closer to a 50 / 50 split moving forward. 

Mixon needs a Gio injury now to get back to what he was. 

12 carries and 2 receptions won't get it done unless he can routinely break a 50 yard TD. 

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares
8 hours ago, harck said:

No, they signed Mixon to a monster deal to be the lead back. Mixon wasn't doing much in the passing game anyway so Gio should still excel there.