NBC Sports Edge Forums

8 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

What I don’t get is how does gio always play so well when mixon is out but mixon seems to have trouble putting up numbers like gio. If mixon is that much better how is this happening.

Because Gio is better at football. Sometimes its just that simple

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mixon is easily a Top 5/10 RB talent wise, however, he’s on a terrible team, with a terrible OL, with terrible clueless coaches in a terrible organization that don’t know wtf they’re doing.   

This dude is gonna shut up ALL the haters this week with a phenomenal matchup on tap...watch.     bold prediction: 14 carries, 64 yards rushing, 3 receptions for 23 yards.  BOOK IT

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Go look at game logs of games where Gio is out. He would've tripled what Gio did yesterday. 

Bottom line is a win is a win. 

Zac Taylor hates Mixon, this win over a top NFL team has given him the juice to make it closer to a 50 / 50 split moving forward. 

Mixon needs a Gio injury now to get back to what he was. 

12 carries and 2 receptions won't get it done unless he can routinely break a 50 yard TD. 

Mixon has been injured before gio has got the bell cow role before and mixon has always returned to where he was. I don’t think this time will be any different.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Because they give Gio the bellcow role when Mixon is out. Unfortunately when Mixon is healthy they don't use him enough in the passing game, and Gio usually gets to be on the field for most of the third downs/hurry up packages. Mixon would put up solid RB1 numbers if they used him in a true bellcow role.

I drafted Gio for that reason but the idiots wouldn't give him the keys. He's not big but he's shifty and you taylor the run game to that style. 

I have Mixon now and he's a whole different type of runner. Sure ho'pe this isn't one of those BS lingering foot injuries they never tell yuo about until January. 'oh Mixon had a lis franc injury that's why he was limited all year.'

On 11/2/2020 at 4:47 AM, GoPackGo23 said:

Because they give Gio the bellcow role when Mixon is out. Unfortunately when Mixon is healthy they don't use him enough in the passing game, and Gio usually gets to be on the field for most of the third downs/hurry up packages. Mixon would put up solid RB1 numbers if they used him in a true bellcow role.

This!!! Thank you 👏🏽👏🏽 
Tbh if they ran him less and gave him more targets i would rather see that then Gio coming in on passing down plays. This is exactly what i was telling my league mates. When Gio fills in for mixon he goes off since they use him like a bell cow. 
when mixon is in they take him out on those valuable pass plays where he can do major damage.

that being said the offense has looked so good as of lately so i can only imagine how it’ll look if they had a solid offensive line. If they build on that next year watch out! 
mixon will definitely be a 1st rounder 

this year it was a bit too early 

Don't drop Gio just yet if you have him.  Could be nothing but better to be safe than sorry...

Don't forget that this is the same team that called AJ Green "day to day - week to week" all last season

Edited by ludawg23
9 hours ago, HOF12 said:

This!!! Thank you 👏🏽👏🏽 
Tbh if they ran him less and gave him more targets i would rather see that then Gio coming in on passing down plays. This is exactly what i was telling my league mates. When Gio fills in for mixon he goes off since they use him like a bell cow. 
when mixon is in they take him out on those valuable pass plays where he can do major damage.

that being said the offense has looked so good as of lately so i can only imagine how it’ll look if they had a solid offensive line. If they build on that next year watch out! 
mixon will definitely be a 1st rounder 

this year it was a bit too early 

They haven’t used Gio like a bellcow back. I could see the argument for two weeks ago despite only 13 carries, but Gio had 18 touches to Perine’s 11. That’s RBBC usage, imho, which is probably when Gio is at his best. 

I agree completely that if Cincy fixes that OL, Mixon is a 1st rd fantasy back. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Krustyburger said:

Looks like Gio will be a thing no matter if Mixon is 100% or not

Not really imo. Mixon plays he gets 90% of the workload - always has always will. 

Gio's been awesome in the way he could be (taken out of the gameplan for Perine in GL situations) - Mixon is on a different level as a RB when healthy. 

I say all of this as a Gio owner.

49 minutes ago, Krustyburger said:

Looks like Gio will be a thing no matter if Mixon is 100% or not

Yeah i think Mixon owners if they can afford it should hold on to Gio for the rest of the season. We know what he can do when mixon is out so if anything else were to happen you would keep on taking W as long as you have Gio on your team. 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, HOF12 said:

Yeah i think Mixon owners if they can afford it should hold on to Gio for the rest of the season. We know what he can do when mixon is out so if anything else were to happen you would keep on taking W as long as you have Gio on your team. 

Can't disagree - he's a great cuff as he has once again proved.

Edited by SuperJoint
5 hours ago, coleworld7 said:

i just traded for him.. how do we like his ROS outlook? RB2 with RB1 upside or is he a low end RB1?

Not good. He might be gone for ROS 20% chance 

80% chance he gets hurt again... overall you got fleeced

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

big practice day today...anything but a full practice after missing 3 straight weeks I think would be a bad sign

I don't own him, but as a Gio owner I'm looking at limited or full as signs he's going to be back. Missing practice is the only outcome that leaves me feeling the problem is lingering and he's in doubt again. But if I was a Mixon owner I'd definitely want full practice or the alarms would be ringing loud.

Thr joys of glass half empty fantasy thoughts 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, LacesOut said:

I don't own him, but as a Gio owner I'm looking at limited or full as signs he's going to be back. Missing practice is the only outcome that leaves me feeling the problem is lingering and he's in doubt again. But if I was a Mixon owner I'd definitely want full practice or the alarms would be ringing loud.

Thr joys of glass half empty fantasy thoughts 

Agree.

Grabbed Gio this morning. If Mixon has anything but a full practice I want to see the likes of those Cinci reporters (Ben Baby) press Z. Taylor on this. Most mysterious foot injury in history.