NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mixon is easily a Top 5/10 RB talent wise, however, he’s on a terrible team, with a terrible OL, with terrible clueless coaches in a terrible organization that don’t know wtf they’re doing.   

This dude is gonna shut up ALL the haters this week with a phenomenal matchup on tap...watch.     bold prediction: 14 carries, 64 yards rushing, 3 receptions for 23 yards.  BOOK IT

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

This. 

We are all stuck in limbo because there has been zero information on what the actual injury is other then it’s his foot. 

And that’s likely all we are going to get. This is the same organization that kept AJ Green’s injury status murky for an entire frustrating season. 

Anyone holding out hope that he is actually playing this weekend is nuts - dude isn't even rehabbing but in a sweatshirt on the sidelines watching? Two DNPs after taking 3 weeks off which included a bye and people are still holding out hope? Need to make alternative plans because he isn't playing.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ludawg23 said:

Anyone holding out hope that he is actually playing this weekend is nuts - dude isn't even rehabbing but in a sweatshirt on the sidelines watching? Two DNPs after taking 3 weeks off which included a bye and people are still holding out hope? Need to make alternative plans because he isn't playing.

Yup. No way he plays this weekend and I don’t even see him playing next weekend either. Giovani turning into pickup of the year.

• Like 1

I just don't understand how he came back into the game and played fine after suffering the injury in the 1st Half against IND, was "dancing on the sidelines during practice" on the 1st Wednesday, and now 4 weeks later is still not playing...

29 minutes ago, CooL said:

How is there any hope here?  He was in a sweatshirt yesterday off to the side.  Today he's not even dressed.  Why is all of a sudden tomorrow he going to be a full go?

You never know! even a limited practice tmr is a good sign. just trying to bring some positive energy into the ffb universe 

6 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

I just don't understand how he came back into the game and played fine after suffering the injury in the 1st Half against IND, was "dancing on the sidelines during practice" on the 1st Wednesday, and now 4 weeks later is still not playing...

apparently the swelling from a mid-foot sprain doesn't set in until hours later.

11 minutes ago, Mr_Baller said:

This guy, Ben Baby is now known as the Joe Mixon Update Account. Comedian!

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ben_Baby

Do any of them have the ability to ask specifically what is going on with him? I mean the Bengals are garbage for this but it just looks like his update consists of if he is practicing or not. No context. I wonder what kind of questions they even ask.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

Just because you can do a two-step dance on the sidelines with an injured foot doesn’t mean you can cut on a dime with that injured foot in an attempt to make plays at full speed.

Edited by Jordan Coppington
6 minutes ago, travis10425 said:

Mixon & Gio owners. Are we riding the Mixon injury out or trying to sell the duo? Gio has been serviceable but the lack of clarity on this situation sucks. 

If you’ve got both, why should it matter? Play Gio when Mixon out. And vice versa. No clarity about the injury needed, all you need to know is the active/inactive status of Mixon. You have an RB1 either way.

Who would buy that duo? And what would you be looking for in return? 

5 minutes ago, GarrettHasTheClap said:

Do any of them have the ability to ask specifically what is going on with him? I mean the Bengals are garbage for this but it just looks like his update consists of if he is practicing or not. No context. I wonder what kind of questions they even ask.

At this rate, you have to think it’s the dreaded Lisfranc injury. It has to be.

6 minutes ago, CooL said:

If you’ve got both, why should it matter? Play Gio when Mixon out. And vice versa. No clarity about the injury needed, all you need to know is the active/inactive status of Mixon. You have an RB1 either way.

Who would buy that duo? And what would you be looking for in return? 

Gio has been solid so far but I’m not sure that he’s a sure-fire RB1. Also a potential concern that when mixon comes back that it’s more of a backfield split than before if Gio does keep producing. There’s probably some demand out there for the entire Cincy backfield given the current landscape of the Rb position but good question on who to target.

Edited by travis10425

Went from expecting him to play this week to everyone assuming he might now be out for season? Where is all this panic coming from? I havent seen any official reports besides him sitting out of practice this week. So he sits one more week, wouldnt there be more optimisim that he'll hopefully be back next week then?

37 minutes ago, coleworld7 said:

Went from expecting him to play this week to everyone assuming he might now be out for season? Where is all this panic coming from? I havent seen any official reports besides him sitting out of practice this week. So he sits one more week, wouldnt there be more optimisim that he'll hopefully be back next week then?

That's the problem. No official reports.

Minus any information that provides clarity, the range of possible outcomes with this guy is WIDE. 

As in, he could play this week to he may not play again this season.

Nobody knows.

16 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

That's the problem. No official reports.

Minus any information that provides clarity, the range of possible outcomes with this guy is WIDE. 

As in, he could play this week to he may not play again this season.

Nobody knows.

I read from a reporter... That he was running hard and making cuts on the side

There is a reason why this joke of an organization is called the Bungles. Even their beat reporter is a clown. 

They should play with a fake red nose and their faces painted to match the clowns in their organization.

Edited by fantasymad