NBC Sports Edge Forums

No trade backs? 100% WHIR

Collusion aside, should trade-backs be allowed?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Collusion aside, should trade-backs be allowed?

• Yes
    • No

So as the commissioner of my league, I'm getting ready for our yearly owner's meeting to go over rule changes. One owner is proposing a 'No Trade-backs Clause' where once a player is traded away from one owner's team, that owner is not allowed to trade back for that player for the rest of the season. This is a keeper league. 

Example: Last season, Owner A traded away Leonard Fournette to the Barkley owner when Saquon went down. Value was fair and no one had an issue. Later in the season once Barkley was back and Owner A was out of contention, Owner A traded away players that he was not going to keep for Fournette (who he would keep) and a 2nd round pick. 

So collusion aside, should an owner be able to trade for a player than they traded away earlier in the season? 

3 hours ago, afl5013 said:

So as the commissioner of my league, I'm getting ready for our yearly owner's meeting to go over rule changes. One owner is proposing a 'No Trade-backs Clause' where once a player is traded away from one owner's team, that owner is not allowed to trade back for that player for the rest of the season. This is a keeper league. 

Example: Last season, Owner A traded away Leonard Fournette to the Barkley owner when Saquon went down. Value was fair and no one had an issue. Later in the season once Barkley was back and Owner A was out of contention, Owner A traded away players that he was not going to keep for Fournette (who he would keep) and a 2nd round pick. 

So collusion aside, should an owner be able to trade for a player than they traded away earlier in the season? 

I think you answered your own question by saying, "collusion aside".

If there was no collusion, then there shouldn't be any issue with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The only way I’d have a problem with a player trading to get someone back that they want would be if it were an obvious “rent a player for a week”. So if the trade was OBJ for Fournette week 5 and then week 6 the trade is Fournette for OBJ. That I would have an issue with. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 4/17/2020 at 8:01 AM, GreatScott! said:

The only way I’d have a problem with a player trading to get someone back that they want would be if it were an obvious “rent a player for a week”. So if the trade was OBJ for Fournette week 5 and then week 6 the trade is Fournette for OBJ. That I would have an issue with. 

This. 

• Thanks 1