NBC Sports Edge Forums

How much is too much for Acuña?

Can get Acuña in my 16 team dynasty but the opposing owner is rightfully asking for the house.

Jose Ramirez + Julio Rodriguez + Luis Patiño + Luciano + Brennen Davis + Jose Garcia + Levi Kelly + Franklin Perez + 1st Rd. Rookie Pick

for

Acuña + Puk + Kopech

thoughts?

Edited by apap414

Gets offered the best player in dynasty and two solid SPs for a good 3B, 2 decent prospects, and a couple of dices roll and stops to ask if he is getting the short end of the stick.

PULL THE TRIGGER NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

It cost me Syndergaard and Luis Castillo to get Acuna in my dynasty league mid last year. I was laughed at by some.  Who is laughing now?  I would make that trade, as I feel Acuna is >> than JoRam and the prospects are no sure thing at all.  The other owner trading Acuna would be lucky if any ONE of those guys is 80% of what Acuna is to fantasy.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, thatguy725 said:

Gets offered the best player in dynasty and two solid SPs for a good 3B, 2 decent prospects, and a couple of dices roll 

I'm on acuna side, to be clear.

But this trade, is far closer, then what is being said.

Jose is only 27, and a very good 3b. Could go 25 25.

Jrod and Luciano are much more, then decent prospects. I have them probably 2nd 3rd after wander. They are elite. Nobody is the next acuna. But it wouldn't shock me to see bellinger numbers from either.

Davis is solid. Garcia will climb.

Depending what pick you get in 1st, that is valid.

Say a torkelson?

And calling puk and kopech solid?

I take patino over both easy.

Everybody takes acuna side.

You have to.

But let's realize, jose side has a very legit chance, of winning trade long term. Imo, about a 30 to 40% chance.

Just realize, the acuna side isn't winning by a landslide.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, HOOTIE said:

I'm on acuna side, to be clear.

But this trade, is far closer, then what is being said.

Jose is only 27, and a very good 3b. Could go 25 25.

Jrod and Luciano are much more, then decent prospects. I have them probably 2nd 3rd after wander. They are elite. Nobody is the next acuna. But it wouldn't shock me to see bellinger numbers from either.

Davis is solid. Garcia will climb.

Depending what pick you get in 1st, that is valid.

Say a torkelson?

And calling puk and kopech solid?

I take patino over both easy.

Everybody takes acuna side.

You have to.

But let's realize, jose side has a very legit chance, of winning trade long term. Imo, about a 30 to 40% chance.

Just realize, the acuna side isn't winning by a landslide.

Okay first off your telling me that Jrod and Luciano are better prospects than Lux,  Robert, Adell, Gore, Pearson, Mize and Rutschman? They are 2nd and 3rd best over those guys? The rankings I use have them at 19 and 35 for there top 100.

Secondly your telling me they are both going to hit around 50HR a year? Because you know everyone just comes up and does that and Seattle and SF are places where people are known putting up 50HR. I must have missed all those years when Posey was doing that.

Thirdly we don't know what the pick will be or where it will be. Hence why I called it a dice roll. Its a 16 team league so we could be talking about the 16th pick.

Fourthly its a 16 team dynasty so Puk and Kopech are a solid enough own. You can do way worse than either of them at your 5 or 6 slot. Also I don't remember saying anything about them being better than Patino just that I thought they were solid.

And finally either your win the trade or you don't. Go take your Scott Steiner math back to TNA

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, thatguy725 said:

Okay first off your telling me that Jrod and Luciano are better prospects than Lux,  Robert, Adell, Gore, Pearson, Mize and Rutschman? They are 2nd and 3rd best over those guys? The rankings I use have them at 19 and 35 for there top 100.

Secondly your telling me they are both going to hit around 50HR a year? Because you know everyone just comes up and does that and Seattle and SF are places where people are known putting up 50HR. I must have missed all those years when Posey was doing that.

Thirdly we don't know what the pick will be or where it will be. Hence why I called it a dice roll. Its a 16 team league so we could be talking about the 16th pick.

Fourthly its a 16 team dynasty so Puk and Kopech are a solid enough own. You can do way worse than either of them at your 5 or 6 slot. Also I don't remember saying anything about them being better than Patino just that I thought they were solid.

And finally either your win the trade or you don't. Go take your Scott Steiner math back to TNA

I'm entitled to my views, just like you.

I didn't whine about your views.

I said acuna side wins. But it's not locked in stone it does.

Surely, even you recognize this?

This isn't acuna for mike zunino

Jose ramirez could easily go 25 25.

At 27, that's big in a dynasty.

Jrod and marco will be rated top 5 soon.

I was accounting for the fact, guys like robert, lux, pearson, lose their rookie eligibility.

Cody has averaged 37 hrs his 3 years.

Never hit 50, that I can tell.

Jrod and marco have 35 hr projections.

The point is, I take acuna side.

But no one here can say for sure, down the line, in a dynasty, that maybe the acuna side could lose.

No clue who Steiner is.

Take a chill pill

• Like 1

Ray Butler has Rodriguez at #2 and Luciano at #5 in his "Projected Top 2021 Prospects."

Personally, I would take both over the list you gave with the exception of possibly Adell and Robert...

That being said, I do agree.  I am on the Acuna side also but only slightly. This closer than it might appear.   

• Like 3

I love this trade for Acuna side. first u get 3 real MLB players for JoRam and a bunch of high prospects. Prospects are made to be traded. After the trade u can pick up replacement prospects with ur empty roster spots heck the other guy prolly has to cut 4 players anyway to make numbers work. Knowing u built a farm system that netted u Acuna should encourage u to rebuild and reload when u trade for another top young outfielder in 2023 julio rodriguez.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, burty1 said:

Ray Butler has Rodriguez at #2 and Luciano at #5 in his "Projected Top 2021 Prospects."

Personally, I would take both over the list you gave with the exception of possibly Adell and Robert...

That being said, I do agree.  I am on the Acuna side also but only slightly. This closer than it might appear.   

James Anderson of rotowire, has

Jrod 3rd

Marco 11th

As of right now.

And I love butlers work as well.

• Like 1

"I love this trade for Acuna side. first u get 3 real MLB players for JoRam and a bunch of high prospects. Prospects are made to be traded. After the trade u can pick up replacement prospects with ur empty roster spots heck the other guy prolly has to cut 4 players anyway to make numbers work. Knowing u built a farm system that netted u Acuna should encourage u to rebuild and reload when u trade for another top young outfielder in 2023 julio rodriguez."

Playing Devil's Advocate...I'm not sure I would call Puk and/or Kopech "real MLB players" as of yet.  While I suppose you would argue that they have pitched in the majors, they have thrown a combined 25 innings or so and both have had significant arm issues.  

Side note...Rodriguez will debut before 2023.

Again...I'm on the Acuna side but I would agree with Hootie...I think there is a solid chance (40% or so) that the JRam side wins this long term.

• Like 2

I made the trade.  I still have some real quality MiLB pieces left to address my pitching in Luis Matos, Gilberto Jimenez, Orelvis Martinez, Freudis Nova, Peyton Burdick, Joey Cantillo, Cole Winn, Szapucki, etc.

Thanks all for your input!

Edited by apap414
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, thatguy725 said:

love the Scott Steiner reference!!!

one of the greatest on the mic ever!!