NBC Sports Edge Forums

Liriano or Teixeira

ssmarsh

My league's FA drop/add day is Monday and I've dealt for the first pick. As of right now I'm planning to take Teixeira but if Liriano gets called up before then I may change my mind. I know it's hard to compare hitters and pitchers, but which would you rather have?

That was my first thought, but I'm leaging every hitting category and could use the pitching numbers, assuming of course that Liriano gets the call and is put in the starting rotation. I have zero interest in him if he's used out of the bullpen.

That was my first thought, but I'm leaging every hitting category and could use the pitching numbers, assuming of course that Liriano gets the call and is put in the starting rotation. I have zero interest in him if he's used out of the bullpen.

Ummm get Teixeria and if you still dont "need" him, then trade Teix for a way better pitcher than Liriano.

Definitely Teix, who could fetch you just about any pitcher in the league.

But Liriano won't be used out of the bullpen - Gardenhire said so today or yesterday. And the Twins are about to dump Livan.

Still - Teix is the sure thing.

if you are winning all hitting i would go with liriano who will rake in the 5 or 6 remaining starts, helping your pitching

No dont do it... Take Tex dont even think twice about it... he has a better hitting team around him, please dont pass him up for my sakes.. and if you dont want him trade him for someone better than liriano

please help me too thanks, after you pick up Tex!

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=81194

if you are winning all hitting i would go with liriano who will rake in the 5 or 6 remaining starts, helping your pitching

Don't scare me! There have to be more starts remaining than that!

8 or 9 weeks left in the season, so isn't that more like 11 starts?

I'm heavily leaning towards Teixeira, but if Liriano's not up by Monday morning this all becomes moot.

And yes, I'd expect 10 +/- starts from him the rest of the way if he gets the nod this weekend.

If you are seriously thinking that Tex does not have more value, trade or otherwise, then you already lost.

Teix all the way. Lirinao will land back on DL with arm problems again.

people have been saying the same thing about harden but he continues to be lights out

this year i have learned the hard way you cant worry about injuries -- take who you can get and just hope they stay healthy

people have been saying the same thing about harden but he continues to be lights out

this year i have learned the hard way you cant worry about injuries -- take who you can get and just hope they stay healthy

Once again. Teix >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Liriano

Teix is healthy. Liriano is not,

If you are seriously thinking that Tex does not have more value, trade or otherwise, then you already lost.

I'm not saying that, I'm just looking at my team needs at this moment in time. I'm in 1st place, 20 points ahead of the next guy, so I don't think I've lost anything.

Doesn't matter, I'm trying to trade up so I can get them both. B)

Ended up dealing McGowan to the 8th place team (it's a keeper league so he's hoping he comes back strong next year) in exchange for his pick and managed to get Liriano anyway!

Archived