NBC Sports Edge Forums

Leonard Fournette 2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

It makes sense.  They have nobody outside of Montgomery.  Cohen and Patterson are gadget players.  So that leaves some guy named Pierce.  It would be an optimal landing spot.

But everyone needs to keep in mind that the Bears OL really sucks.  The GM doesn’t make OL a priority.  He’d rather give 70 MIL to Robert Quinn or draft a TE in the second round.  And nobody has traded away more draft picks over the past few years.

Yeah, I'm a Chicago homer and think that Chicago is the best landing spot for him.  

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only people on the face of the earth saying this is going to be a “full blown RBBC” are Rojo owners and dolts.  Which are you??

The only role he has ever had in his career is as the workhorse. Three weeks ago there was literally nobody saying that he wouldn’t have that role for the Jags in 2020. Now just a short time later on

Posted Images

It makes sense.  They have nobody outside of Montgomery.  Cohen and Patterson are gadget players.  So that leaves some guy named Pierce.  It would be an optimal landing spot.

But everyone needs to keep in mind that the Bears OL really sucks.  The GM doesn’t make OL a priority.  He’d rather give 70 MIL to Robert Quinn or draft a TE in the second round.  And nobody has traded away more draft picks over the past few years.

Yup, you nailed it.  I don't know how good Fournette would actually be in Chicago, but the *idea* of him forming a thunder-lightning combo with Montgomery is good in theory.  They desperately need a between-the-tackles run game and like you said, Cohen isn't that guy and Patterson, LOL, can run you a few jet sweeps.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Nguvocity said:

Chargers may be a good fit since Justin Jackson is hurt.

Fournette is talented, the jags never built around him with a decent line 

I see 2019 MG3 and 2020 LF as roughly equal talents so with Ekeler still in town that seems like it would be $4mm down the drain for the Bolts.  Could happen but I doubt it. 

Houston Texans strongly disprove your final sentence. 

1 minute ago, jumper said:

Houston Texans strongly disprove your final sentence. 

I’ll look into that, but Pace has traded away so many draft picks that it’s hard to keep track.  That said, I had no issue with what he gave up for Mack, even if he underperformed last season.  

Just now, ponchsox said:

Would they view Fournette as early down/GL back or more of a COP complementary back to Montgomery?

Probably hoping that between the two of them, the sum of the parts is roughly equal to one decent RB.  If you could somehow fuse both of their best qualities into a single dude then MontNette (or would it be FourGomery?) would probably still be second string behind a guy like Mark Ingram.  

I'm thinking either Tampa or New England would be good landing spots for him. 

The Bucs would be great... win-now team, upgraded o-line, and he's better than Ronald Jones so he could slot right in as a starting RB against defenses that can't stack the box against Brady and his many receiving weapons.

New England’s o-line was #7 in PFF’s preseason ranking and there’s opportunity for carries there, so I’d be ok with that too.

• Like 1

It will be very interesting to see where Fournette lands, for sure, as it will likely negatively impact the value of some players who are being drafted pretty high.  If he goes to Philadelphia, Miles Sanders' value will plummet.

I DID draft Fournette in a rebooted dynasty league last night but got good value on where I drafted him.

Folks need to remember that this cat has a lot of talent who played behind a bad offensive line with limited offensive weapons.  Yes, he made a mistake and has paid dearly for it.  The hope is that he goes to a RB needy team, gets bulk carries & gets the contract he's seeking this upcoming offseason.  

The carnage begins on the 3-5 round RB's...even before the season starts

Lets keep score: I have listed those drafted in yahoo 3-5 adp in order of bust possibility:

Fournette

Bell

Gurely

Ingram

Carson

Conner

Gordon

Taylor

Just now, mar1kle said:

Lets keep score: I have listed those drafted in yahoo 3-5 adp in order of bust possibility:

Fournette

Bell

Gurely

Ingram

Carson

Conner

Gordon

Taylor

I'd put Taylor just behind bell

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, mar1kle said:

Fournette

Bell

Gurely

Ingram

Carson

Conner

Gordon

Taylor

It amazes me that people are spending 3rd round draft capital on these guys when WR like Golladay and Evans are available.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Duckbutter said:

Why are we calling LF a bust already. He could go to a team and still do well. He is leaving the Jags.. not the Chiefs. 

Agreed. He averaged 4.3 yards per carry behind a middling o-line with a mediocre passing game. Just hoping for a better situation with enough volume to matter. 

44 minutes ago, mverkruyse said:

They already signed Hyde, picked DeeJay Dallas in the 4th, and have Penny on the Active/PUP rather than IR, so I just don't see it happening in Seattle.

Not likely but the best fit for sure , DeeJay was drafted with the future in mind ... not an immediate impact player. And Hyde was only signed as insurance for Carson, since Penny got injured. It's not like Pete Carrol is in love with any of these guys, outside of Carson 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

It amazes me that people are spending 3rd round draft capital on these guys when WR like Golladay and Evans are available.

Cause Evans doesn’t do you any good if you rolling out Ronald Jones and cam Akers week 1. 

7 minutes ago, Duckbutter said:

Why are we calling LF a bust already. He could go to a team and still do well. He is leaving the Jags.. not the Chiefs. 

THIS.  The Jags knew they weren't signing him next year, are in full on tank mode this season and why they were seeking to unload Fournette.  The kid is still uber talented and, in the right spot, could still compete as a solid RB2.