NBC Sports Edge Forums

Leonard Fournette 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only people on the face of the earth saying this is going to be a “full blown RBBC” are Rojo owners and dolts.  Which are you??

The only role he has ever had in his career is as the workhorse. Three weeks ago there was literally nobody saying that he wouldn’t have that role for the Jags in 2020. Now just a short time later on

Posted Images

A name not yet mentioned - are the Giants delusional enough to think they're in contention and to pluck LF off waivers to create a thunder/lightning with Saquon?  They do have $22MM in cap space and along with the Jets and Washington Football team have a storied history of making really stupid decisions. 

42 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Would they view Fournette as early down/GL back or more of a COP complementary back to Montgomery?

I'd say he would take over. Montgomery isn't even THAT good.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, jumper said:

A name not yet mentioned - are the Giants delusional enough to think they're in contention and to pluck LF off waivers to create a thunder/lightning with Saquon?  They do have $22MM in cap space and along with the Jets and Washington Football team have a storied history of making really stupid decisions. 

No

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, jumper said:

no. 

the scenario you allude to makes most sense with the Chargers, especially given Jackson's injury. 

the kid Kelly is very promising, but ... who knows?

All of you Chris Thompson fluffers forget that dude isn't going to make it out of the first half in week 1 without injuring himself. 

You won't see him again until week 8 if you're lucky and even then for only a game or two.

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

no. 

the scenario you allude to makes most sense with the Chargers, especially given Jackson's injury. 

the kid Kelly is very promising, but ... who knows?

Agree that it's probably not but don't write it off completely. They have one of the top spots on the NFL waiver wire, have cap money to burn, think they see an opening with the Eagles suffering early injuries to OL and Carson Wentz, and a completely idiotic front office that makes bizarre decisions like trading for Leonard Williams, drafting Daniel Jones 6th overall, never bothering to check in on trading their high draft picks like ever.  The pieces are there for it to happen.  

• Like 2

No one will claim him. If a team claims him the will assume his inflated salary. If they didn't want to trade any draft pick for him before he was released, they would not claim him off waivers. They want that salary down.

I also believe there is a financial incentive for the team to wait till after the season starts.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Houston

Atlanta

Miami

Jets

All need RB help

No wayyyyyy Houston signs him lmao. Way to much pride in the way. ATL is real interesting, I could see that nasty 1-2 punch with gurley. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, bbythepier said:

I'm so glad Levitan and others are taking their twitter victory lap this morning. This board deserves to get dunked on every day.

I’ll take it!

I deserve it!

But the game’s not over, esp w volatility at position.

8 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

No wayyyyyy Houston signs him lmao. Way to much pride in the way. ATL is real interesting, I could see that nasty 1-2 punch with gurley. 

Atlanta likes choir boys. I agree, it would be a good spot considering the pitch count they'll have Gurley on.

10 minutes ago, mar1kle said:

No one will claim him. If a team claims him the will assume his inflated salary. If they didn't want to trade any draft pick for him before he was released, they would not claim him off waivers. They want that salary down.

I also believe there is a financial incentive for the team to wait till after the season starts.

Jags are fighting to void the guarantees leftover on his contract ($4.167 million)over his 2018 suspension for in-game misconduct, which they will still owe unless he is claimed by a team. Fournette filed a grievance which still hasn't been resolved yet.

1 hour ago, jumper said:

As a Giants fan, I can't see that happening, especially with Fumble Jones as QB.

1 hour ago, ponchsox said:

It amazes me that people are spending 3rd round draft capital on these guys when WR like Golladay and Evans are available.

Just had this same argument yesterday with a friend. Let them load up on subpar rbs and I’ll take elite wrs. This is even happening in round 2 imo.  

• Like 2