NBC Sports Edge Forums

Leonard Fournette 2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, Spyplane said:

Chalk it up as bad luck and it may be a blessing in disguise. He wasn't going to light the world on fire and now you may have a free slot to play with. This rookie class will offer up sleepers that become studs. This class feels special but it might take until early October to see it really develop.

i have moss and rojo. i hated the pick when i took it but talked myself into it since thye had no real threat to take rush attempts (already know Thompson likely puts a dent in the receptions). thought they would just run him into the ground, oh well. **** happens

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only people on the face of the earth saying this is going to be a “full blown RBBC” are Rojo owners and dolts.  Which are you??

The only role he has ever had in his career is as the workhorse. Three weeks ago there was literally nobody saying that he wouldn’t have that role for the Jags in 2020. Now just a short time later on

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

I still can't believe people were suckered into Fournette this year at that ADP.

Like, all the warning signs were right there, smacking you in the face, telling you DO NOT DRAFT this guy. Yet, you drafted him anyway.

The problem is a lot of people use ADP as their draft strategy instead of one marker in determining draft strategy.

3 minutes ago, rahuLL said:

i have moss and rojo. i hated the pick when i took it but talked myself into it since thye had no real threat to take rush attempts (already know Thompson likely puts a dent in the receptions). thought they would just run him into the ground, oh well. **** happens

I've been there and been burned like this too. Now my motto is if I need to sell myself on a player then that's not the player for me. I can accept my gut being wrong much easier than going against my gut and being wrong.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Also remember, Fournette was complaining that he wanted to be on a winning team, so if he clears waivers it's more likely he goes to a team he thinks can win.

Patriots make sense. Maybe. Possibly... 🤔 Who the hell knows really?

• Like 1

If he can still play then it would seem it’s not the player on the field teams don’t want, it’s the guy they’d be getting in the locker room. You have to commit to this guy & until a starter gets hurt, he may not get work. I can see the argument for any number of teams but to me the 49ers make the most sense.

Edited by markrc99
10 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

The problem is a lot of people use ADP as their draft strategy instead of one marker in determining draft strategy.

In defense of the idiots like me who drafted him I owned him 2 years ago. His ankle issues, poor attitude and DNPs out of nowhere made me DND him last year. I took him in the 4th this year because I really did not like who was left (David Johnson, Leveon Bell, Kerryon Johnson).

Well.. at least I did not draft Kamara R1.

24 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

I still can't believe people were suckered into Fournette this year at that ADP.

Like, all the warning signs were right there, smacking you in the face, telling you DO NOT DRAFT this guy. Yet, you drafted him anyway.

Damn ... what is that saying 

opinions are like a$$h#les everyone has one. 

https://www.fantraxhq.com/fantasy-football-leonard-fournette-rb1/

And for those who want to claim he wasn’t that good on a per-game basis, he finished as the RB9 in fantasy points per game. So yeah, he was an RB1 however you want to slice it in 2019. He finished with 1,152 rushing yards and 1,674 scrimmage yards, both of which ranked in the top six among all running backs. He finished with 100 targets and 76 receptions, both of which ranked in the top five among RBs. Of those 100 targets, 75 came from Gardner Minshew II.

Edited by shakestreet
  • Like 5

Speculation city: 

https://www.complex.com/sports/2020/08/nfl-teams-should-sign-leonard-fournette

Seattle Seahawks 

Seattle is the first team that comes to mind because currently consists of Chris Carson, Rashaad Penny, and Carlos Hyde. When healthy, Carson and Penny aren't a terrible duo, but injuries have been a concern the past few years. There's not only a need for Fournette in the RB room, but this is a run-heavy system that would fit into Fournette's strengths as a player. Seattle has already made a splash move this summer in trading for Jamal Adams, so maybe they have another move up their sleeve here. 

Pittsburgh Steelers 

Leonard Fournette just seems like a Steelers running back. Big, physical, and not afraid of contact, which is perfect for the AFC North. While the Steelers have a pretty crowded RB room, Fournette might just be the type of talent to take a flier on going into the season. There's no telling how many years of football Big Ben has left, so might as well go all in right now. 

Chicago Bears 

This sort of made sense even before starting running back David Montgomery got hurt last week in practice. With an uneasy QB situation and a very good defense, the Bears are going to need to be effective on the ground, and it's unclear whether or not the current group could get that done. Fournette would be plugged right into that system and likely be able to thrive right away. 

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 

The dream team of the 2020 offseason shouldn't rest on the fact that they added Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski this spring. The RB room in Tampa is currently spearheaded by LeSean McCoy and Ronald Jones, but neither of those players should stop the Bucs from looking at signing Fournette. With the potential for one of the best passing offenses in the league, Fournette would give Brady and the Bucs and added weapon on offense. 

New Orleans Saints 

Yes, the Saints have Latavius Murray and Alvin Kamara, but you could tell how much they missed Mark Ingram last season. Fournette would be able to step into that role for the Saints, who are looking to make another run with Drew Brees at QB. It's unclear how many years Brees has left in the NFL, but the Saints should be doing everything they can to make sure they're maximizing this team's Super Bowl potential. Adding Fournette would improve their chances, and it would also keep him away from the divison rival Bucs. 

3 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Damn ... what is that saying 

opinions are like a$$h#les everyone has one. 

https://www.fantraxhq.com/fantasy-football-leonard-fournette-rb1/

And for those who want to claim he wasn’t that good on a per-game basis, he finished as the RB9 in fantasy points per game. So yeah, he was an RB1 however you want to slice it in 2019. He finished with 1,152 rushing yards and 1,674 scrimmage yards, both of which ranked in the top six among all running backs. He finished with 100 targets and 76 receptions, both of which ranked in the top five among RBs. Of those 100 targets, 75 came from Gardner Minshew II.

He was a RB1 solely on volume though. Its a question of how he got those numbers last season. And it was quite clear that Jax was doing whatever they could to get rid of him.

57 minutes ago, nicksti said:

In defense of the idiots like me who drafted him I owned him 2 years ago. His ankle issues, poor attitude and DNPs out of nowhere made me DND him last year. I took him in the 4th this year because I really did not like who was left (David Johnson, Leveon Bell, Kerryon Johnson).

Well.. at least I did not draft Kamara R1.

Damn man, go easy on yourself. You can draft Fournette and not be an idiot.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Evincar said:

He was a RB1 solely on volume though. Its a question of how he got those numbers last season. And it was quite clear that Jax was doing whatever they could to get rid of him.

I guess Dalvin and Ezekiel are RB1 soley on volume as well. Hell they only averaged .2 YPC more than Fournette. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, PisEdiRin said:

Berniecrats have every right to be smug: In defense of the motto “Hindsight  is 2020” | by Kristoffer Hellén | Medium

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

People are writing him off way too quick here. If he lands with the Bucs, Bears, Philly or Wash he's still the same guy you drafted. 

No chance. He got 100 targets last year and was the clear lead RB. That’s not happening again.

• Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

People are writing him off way too quick here. If he lands with the Bucs, Bears, Philly or Wash he's still the same guy you drafted. 

I think that Fournette lands with one of Chicago, the Bucs, Washington, Eagles or the Patriots.

40 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

No chance. He got 100 targets last year and was the clear lead RB. That’s not happening again.

He played behind a pretty bad o-line and a mediocre passing game that defenses didn’t need to respect. I agree he likely won’t get the same volume/targets but in the right situation with better blocking and a good passing attack (like, say, Tampa Bay), the same production can still be there, or better.

Edited by jnormy