NBC Sports Edge Forums

Leonard Fournette 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only people on the face of the earth saying this is going to be a “full blown RBBC” are Rojo owners and dolts.  Which are you??

The only role he has ever had in his career is as the workhorse. Three weeks ago there was literally nobody saying that he wouldn’t have that role for the Jags in 2020. Now just a short time later on

Posted Images

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

FWIW - Fabiano floatin' the Rams, as per the best bud Ramsey connection coupled with Lenny Snaps 📸 wanting ro be in El Lay.

Doesn’t matter where he wants to be if they don’t want him.

Fournette doesn’t fit in the Rams offense and they just spent their first pick on a RB

1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

Doesn’t matter where he wants to be if they don’t want him.

Fournette doesn’t fit in the Rams offense and they just spent their first pick on a RB

did you not notice the "FWIW" preface in my post?

it be what it be.

7 hours ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

This guy couldn’t learn the Jags playbook in 3 years, anyone that thinks he will learn another teams in 2 weeks needs either serious medication or seriously needs to get off the medication. 

He don't need no playbook he just needs the rock

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

... wonder how much sway (pro or con) BDN has in this 🤔 reports are he's inched ahead of $$$$Money f'n Mitch$$$$ - maybe he tilts it either way 🤷‍♂️

Fournette will ruin a locker room. He is a me first guy. Chicago organization always seem to make the wrong choice. So not suprising they would bring in Fournette on a bloated contract.

Another article says he is friends with Jalen ramsey so he might want to go to the rams

6 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Fournette will ruin a locker room. He is a me first guy. Chicago organization always seem to make the wrong choice. So not suprising they would bring in Fournette on a bloated contract.

if anyone can extract the last millionth of an inch of misery out of a situation it's Nagy - seems legit 🐴

21 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

if anyone can extract the last millionth of an inch of misery out of a situation it's Nagy - seems legit 🐴

I forgot Nagy is still the Bears coach. I can't wait for the "wtf was Nagy thinking" posts. Especially if they grab Fournette and use him like Cohen - because we all know that's what Nagy would do. 

• Like 1

How long before people realize that JAX is the cancer, and the players are just catching it?

They trade or cut everyone good they had, players taking $6m paycuts to GTFO of the franchise, etc?  Allen Robinson, Jalen Ramsey, Yannick Ngakoue, now Fournette, and about 40 other people I can't be bothered to look up.

Just 3 years ago the Jags go 10-6 with one of, if not the, best defense in the league, barely losing to the Patriots in the AFC Championship game 20-24.

Since then they've done nothing but implode.  How do you not become vexed sitting in that locker room watching them get rid of your best players, repeatedly, destroying any chance you had at being a successful franchise?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, FFCollusion said:

How long before people realize that JAX is the cancer, and the players are just catching it?

They trade or cut everyone good they had, players taking $6m paycuts to GTFO of the franchise, etc?  Allen Robinson, Jalen Ramsey, Yannick Ngakoue, now Fournette, and about 40 other people I can't be bothered to look up.

Just 3 years ago the Jags go 10-6 with one of, if not the, best defense in the league, barely losing to the Patriots in the AFC Championship game 20-24.

Since then they've done nothing but implode.  How do you not become vexed sitting in that locker room watching them get rid of your best players, repeatedly, destroying any chance you had at being a successful franchise?

👆 Truth!

2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Another article says he is friends with Jalen ramsey so he might want to go to the rams

Are the 4 or 5 studs (ramsey, cam, etc) given up by the jags ALL problems or could it be the jags being dysfunctional?

Bears with that def would be a nice fit and montegomery is way less talented cream rises to the top.

7 hours ago, Coprolagnia said:

Of everybody who is positive or was positive on him..how many drafted him last year?..I assume it won't be many

I am okay with him. I drafted him 28th overall last year in 12 team half PPR. He finished 34th overall in league scoring and 13th if you remove QBs. He brought a steady floor on my league champion team. He hit double digit points in my league 2/3 of the time and outscored people drafted in the first round (though they were injured but it is still a  third rounder out performing top ten picks so i will take it.) I'll take that as a RB2/ Flex.

Reasonable expectations determines the level of disappointment down the road. If you want my reaction on Juju though.... well that's for another thread.

Edited by altmin
4 hours ago, shakestreet said:

How you know this? Have you ever played with Fournette? 

The Associated Press' Mark Long reports the Jaguars players were "tired of Leonard Fournette."

Everyone seemed to be over the Fournette experience in Jacksonville, including the front office and coaching staff. The NFL agreed with that assessment as well with the Jaguars unable to get "anything" after shopping him for the entire offseason. Fournette only was productive because of volume, not talent. He was one of the worst pass-catchers in the NFL last season and oddly couldn't convert short-yardage work into goal-line touchdowns either. Fournette will get another chance to turn things around -- maybe he just needed a change of scenery -- but tape, efficiency, and even more news reports suggest that he'll likely sign for less than $4 million annually, assuming he goes unclaimed on waivers. His path to touches will be tied to whichever team signs him. Expect reports of who that will be to come out today and tomorrow.