NBC Sports Edge Forums

Leonard Fournette 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only people on the face of the earth saying this is going to be a “full blown RBBC” are Rojo owners and dolts.  Which are you??

The only role he has ever had in his career is as the workhorse. Three weeks ago there was literally nobody saying that he wouldn’t have that role for the Jags in 2020. Now just a short time later on

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, chicagowhitesox1173 said:

Why is it bad news if he’s a free agent? 

It's not bad news for us, it's bad news for him.  Now any team can sign him and pay him less than they would have if they claimed him.

Edited by RJRJRJ

I never liked him much as a player, but there aren't many other runningbacks like him in the NFL. I just hope whoever picks him up ends up featuring him by week 3. He's going to be drafted much later now as well, so anyone still drafting if you can get him super late, you may have an RB1 after a couple of weeks.

2 minutes ago, RJRJRJ said:

It's not bad news for us, it's bad news for him.  Now any team can sign him and pay him less than they would have if they claimed him.

Yeah but the Jags still have to pay him don't they? or else they would have traded him for a bag of chips. Now he gets a 1 year prove it contract so if anything should motivate him to stay in the league.

8 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Fournette will ruin a locker room. He is a me first guy. Chicago organization always seem to make the wrong choice. So not suprising they would bring in Fournette on a bloated contract.

Another article says he is friends with Jalen ramsey so he might want to go to the rams

A buddy of mine suggested maybe the Saints would sign him if they traded Kamara, and this is the exact reason why that thought makes me ill. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, n4sa said:

Yeah but the Jags still have to pay him don't they? or else they would have traded him for a bag of chips. Now he gets a 1 year prove it contract so if anything should motivate him to stay in the league.

I believe you are right.  I may have misspoken.  It would be better for the new team because they pay him less, and I think the Jags would have to make up the difference.

2 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Or the guy in my league who owns both. Lol!

Drafted CEH in the first round in 2 leagues.  This would be the worse case scenario.  Why didn't a rb needy team like the Bears just claim him off of waivers?  It's as if teams act like Fournette is a bad rb when he isn't.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, sjm76 said:

Drafted CEH in the first round in 2 leagues.  This would be the worse case scenario.  Why didn't a rb needy team like the Bears just claim him off of waivers?  It's as if teams act like Fournette is a bad rb when he isn't.

They say hes a bad teammate. The perfect formula for a Patriot signing. 

1 minute ago, sjm76 said:

I’m guessing it has to do with the contract.

Just now, sjm76 said:

Because the Bears are cheap & don’t make a move without looking at that first. That’s why they always draft “projects” who are just happy to be chosen so they don’t fight much about contracts. They probably want Fournette, but only at their price