NBC Sports Edge Forums

Leonard Fournette 2020 Outlook

I’m curious as to what they’ll do with the depth chart:

jones is safe

4net is safe

Dare should make the team due to 3rd down and special teams

vaughn may end up stashed on IR, don’t really see the Bucs carrying 4 RBs and I doubt they'll be able to stash a 3rd round pick on the practice squad.

Mccoy - Probably cut, definitely don’t see them carrying 5 RBs

Edited by Ddam2013
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only people on the face of the earth saying this is going to be a “full blown RBBC” are Rojo owners and dolts.  Which are you??

The only role he has ever had in his career is as the workhorse. Three weeks ago there was literally nobody saying that he wouldn’t have that role for the Jags in 2020. Now just a short time later on

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Ddam2013 said:

jones is safe

4net is safe

vaughn may end up stashed on IR, don’t really see the Bucs carrying 4 RBs and I doubt they'll be able to stash a 3rd round pick on the practice squad.

They delegated Vaughn to kick return and supposedly told McCoy he's safe on the roster so who knows maybe they do.

8 minutes ago, Ddam2013 said:

jones is safe

4net is safe

I don't think Jones is safe at all. They can move on from him without much of a penalty. Jones could end up traded. Dare and Vaughn are safe.

58 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

That money is not guaranteed. It's most likely that Arians uses both guys. Probably a situation to avoid for most of the draft. 

The $2M base is guaranteed or nah? Either way, it’s $2M with incentives up to $3.5M. 

Not trying to be snarky but I’d genuinely be interested in finding out how many times a free agent RB was given that sort of money less than ten days before the season started, without (or even with) a tragic injury taking place as the antecedent. 

Think it will be at least 4 games before you can be comfortable starting him if that day comes at all. David Johnson was electric his rookie season and Arians didn't play him over the vet until absolutely forced to due to injury. Fournette has 10 days to learn the offense.

8 minutes ago, devaster said:

I don't think Jones is safe at all. They can move on from him without much of a penalty. Jones could end up traded. Dare and Vaughn are safe.

I think your evaluation is logical.

What a messy RBBC though. The rub here is that LF has a rep of not picking up a playbook quickly. So, short term McCoy might be the play here but eventually LF takes over and should do well with this team.

6 minutes ago, zigfreid said:

Think it will be at least 4 games before you can be comfortable starting him if that day comes at all. David Johnson was electric his rookie season and Arians didn't play him over the vet until absolutely forced to due to injury. Fournette has 10 days to learn the offense.

Arians hates RoJo, that’s the difference. But I agree, it will be a few weeks before Fournette took over.

7 minutes ago, Blazer said:

I think your evaluation is logical.

What a messy RBBC though. The rub here is that LF has a rep of not picking up a playbook quickly. So, short term McCoy might be the play here but eventually LF takes over and should do well with this team.

McCoy could be cut. Talk in Tampa when this went down was McCoy or Vaughn. Maybe Vaughn gets cut and then after he clears waivers go to practice squad. I think McCoy is the odd man out though. 

My god I'm here dying in laughter after getting fournette in the 11th round 🤣🤣🤣🤣, real talk he was a steal the last few days it seems

Edited by CABLE87
54 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I literally watched Bruce lose two games just due to bad coaching. Those are just the ones he lost. Some he won despite it, so it could have been worse.

Hey, I mean, you are the bucs fan

17 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

McCoy could be cut. Talk in Tampa when this went down was McCoy or Vaughn. Maybe Vaughn gets cut and then after he clears waivers go to practice squad. I think McCoy is the odd man out though. 

If one wishes to dabble in the Bucs RB guessing game, I think LF is the season long play and yes McCoy could get cut at some point (he's on the retirement track for sure, and they keep the rookie, active or not). LF is the only player I would roster right now but understanding he may not be useable for a few weeks. Thus McCoy might be a decent short term play for peeps in deep leagues. The other backs will be used in some sort of RBBC, special teams, practice squad, etc. The point being LF is the season long play and those lucky enough to be drafting at the right time may have just found a FF playoff difference maker at a great price.

Kinda shocking to me that no one claimed him for his $4M salary or whatever. This contract is not nearly as much, even with all the incentives. He could recoup the grievance, but who knows?

Is it not odd that no one claimed him and a talent like his, or a "talent", or took a chance at him despite the low-ish salary?

I don't know- something about this kind of stinks, but Brady has the Lebron effect that he will get what he wants if he wants it.

Definitely see Fournette returning the 3rd round value he had before...but the downside is he's truly cut outright because he sucks and Brady gets sick of his crap.

Extremely wide variance here...however, RoJo is probably dead for now. Might be a buy low in dynasty or for later in the year.