NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Leonard Fournette 2020 Outlook

dewaser

17 minutes ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

Gurley is an exception, with the degenerative knee and a contract that pays 14M a year. Of course he would pass through waivers.

I'm not too versed on contracts but I am not so sure this is too different from the Fournette situation. Fournette had a team option for 8.5 million, which Jax declined. And he has plenty of question marks regarding locker room chemistry, work ethic, and attitude. So both Gurley and Fournette had potentially big contracts and question marks and thus both passed through waivers and signed for much less money than their original contracts

EDIT: Hmm upon reading the fine print, it looks like teams only had to pay around 4-5 mil for Fournette and they still passed on him. I guess this makes it significantly different than the Gurley situation

Edited by WaiverLooter
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Also, I'm sure this has been mentioned, but this situation is eerily similar to when Trent Richardson had a volume heavy year on a bad team, and was a RB1. Then he was traded to a "contender", and everyone was super high on him because of it. He totally flopped, and burned many owners.

You might be misremembering this, or maybe I’m not understanding your post correctly. Richardson was traded to the Colts after the season started (going into Week 3), where he played the remaining 14 games to the tune of 458 rushing yards at 2.9 YPC, thus destroying any hype or perceived value for his one remaining NFL season. 

People were indeed high on Richardson that season, but it wasn’t because he was traded to the Colts, since it hadn’t happened yet. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

You might be misremembering this, or maybe I’m not understanding your post correctly. Richardson was traded to the Colts after the season started (going into Week 3), where he played the remaining 14 games to the tune of 458 rushing yards at 2.9 YPC, thus destroying any hype or perceived value for his one remaining NFL season. 

People were indeed high on Richardson that season, but it wasn’t because he was traded to the Colts, since it hadn’t happened yet. 

I had Richardson that year. There was alot of hype after the trade though, like the Browns were his problem and he was going to blow up on the Colts. Obv did not happen

3 minutes ago, owenmills said:

I had Richardson that year. There was alot of hype after the trade though, like the Browns were his problem and he was going to blow up on the Colts. Obv did not happen

True. I owned him too that season unfortunately. I read that post as suggesting people drafted Trent based on being traded, but maybe this is what he meant. 

• Like 1

Through their first three seasons:

Player A: 650 rush attempts for 2,601 yds (4.00 avg); 17 rush TDs; 93 receptions for 663 yds; 1 rec TD

Player B:693 rush attempts for 2,931 yds (4.23 avg); 17 rush TDs; 108 receptions for 870 yds; 4 rec TD

Player 😄 666 rush attempts for 2,631 yds (3.95 avg); 17 rush TDs; 134 receptions for 1,009 yds; 2 rec TD

Player A is Marshawn Lynch, future Hall of Famer. Player B is Joe Mixon, who is currently being drafted around RB9 in PPR. And Player C is Leonard Fournette, who is going around RB22 in PPR.

Edit: I will add that of these three players, only one had their best season of the three years in year 3. That player, of course, is Leonard Fournette.

Edited by AnchorDown
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, genya said:

Fournette had the 6th highest clocked RB speed among running backs last year at 21.38mph. Only Breida, Chubb, McCaffrey, Saquon and Tarik Cohen were ahead of him. He's far from Trent Richardson.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/top-plays/fastest-ball-carriers/2019/all

It's not about talent, it wasn't with Trent either.

7 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Damn this is the highest I've heard of. I thought I was reaching taking him in the 5th in a 10 team. 

I took him pick 31, middle of round 3. He’s the team’s workhorse RB and a proven RB1, his true value lies in the first round. No brainer at that price.

29 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

I took him pick 31, middle of round 3. He’s the team’s workhorse RB and a proven RB1, his true value lies in the first round. No brainer at that price.

I hate to be the one to break it to you but there is a strong chance this is a 3 man RBBC. With Fournette's injury history he's never going to be the workhorse.

• Haha 2