NBC Sports Edge Forums

Leonard Fournette 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

Talk about huge overreactions in here. I got this guy in the 7th and 8th rounds and he’s clearly better than Rojo. This offense will click and Fournette will dominate carries.

Btw, Jaguars ship off a LOT of talented players. The tired and bunk reasoning that they wouldn’t have gotten rid of him if he was good is senseless. Only reason they didn’t get a trade partner is because it was a week before week 1. Nobody wanted to take on that contract since few teams accounted for such a late acquisition 

This is patently false btw:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported the Jaguars had tried to trade him for months to no avail. Jaguars did all they could to trade RB Leonard Fournette in the spring and then again this summer. But as Jaguars' HC Doug Marrone said today: "We couldn't get anything, a fifth, a sixth, anything. We couldn't get anything."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only people on the face of the earth saying this is going to be a “full blown RBBC” are Rojo owners and dolts.  Which are you??

The only role he has ever had in his career is as the workhorse. Three weeks ago there was literally nobody saying that he wouldn’t have that role for the Jags in 2020. Now just a short time later on

Posted Images

2 hours ago, theking759 said:

Fournette isn't good. That's why he got cut and cleared waivers. He's a big name and that's all.

So rojo is good? That’s why they drafted an RB in the 3rd round, signed McCoy, and signed Fournette? That’s why he couldn’t beat out Peyton Barber last season? Thanks but I’ll go by entire body of work, plus logic, to figure out what will happen here. 

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, Deke said:

So rojo is good? That’s why they drafted an RB in the 3rd round, signed McCoy, and signed Fournette? That’s why he couldn’t beat out Peyton Barber last season? Thanks but I’ll go by entire body of work, plus logic, to figure out what will happen here. 

Fournette's body of work is a career 3.9 YPC and the Jags couldn't even get a 7th rounder for him lol.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, theking759 said:

Fournette's body of work is a career 3.9 YPC...

Exactly the same for Ronald Jones. Just sayin’. ✌️

P.S. I own zero shares of either back on any of my teams. I’m just a frustrated Bucs fan.

TBH I don't really think either of them looked that good.  I don't care, I own neither.  But I wouldn't draw that much comfort in the idea that Ronald Jones having one 21 yard carry and other than that pretty much got shut down in a game they got crushed in and looked bad on offense as some sort of sign you've out away Fournette for good, personally.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, theking759 said:

Fournette's body of work is a career 3.9 YPC and the Jags couldn't even get a 7th rounder for him lol.

lol I’m not going to argue with someone who doesn’t understand how trades work. You won’t be back here after a couple weeks when Fournette is leading that backfield 

• Like 1

The whole team looked disorganized and Brady looked pretty mediocre with some really bad throws. I think people really underrate how well Belichick tailors his offense to the strengths of his players. This Bucs team reminds me of the Browns team right now. Super talented on paper at numerous positions but not playing well as a team, committing numerous undisciplined mistakes.

Mike Evans looked lost out there and got his td in garbage time when Godwin left the game due to a helmet to helmet hit.

Edited by WaiverLooter
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

The whole team looked disorganized and Brady looked pretty mediocre with some really bad throws. I think people really underrate how well Belichick tailors his offense to the strengths of his players. This Bucs team reminds me of the Browns team right now. Super talented on paper at numerous positions but not playing well as a team, committing numerous undisciplined mistakes.

Mike Evans looked lost out there and got his td in garbage time when Godwin left the game due to a helmet to helmet hit.

they looked sloppy- just like hefty Arians in the sideline looking like it’s time for the offseason already.

this team needs a month of gelling.

i kind of feel comfortable flexing fournette against the panthers next week, as sad as this sounds lol

• Like 1
1 hour ago, theking759 said:

This is patently false btw:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported the Jaguars had tried to trade him for months to no avail. Jaguars did all they could to trade RB Leonard Fournette in the spring and then again this summer. But as Jaguars' HC Doug Marrone said today: "We couldn't get anything, a fifth, a sixth, anything. We couldn't get anything."

Rapoport is wrong as often as he’s right. And it’s hard for me to take anyone seriously who was drafting Ronald Jones lol. He was going in the top 5 rounds. Someone who drafted Rojo in the top 5 rounds has NO credibility. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

Rapoport is wrong as often as he’s right. And it’s hard for me to take anyone seriously who was drafting Ronald Jones lol. He was going in the top 5 rounds. Someone who drafted Rojo in the top 5 rounds has NO credibility. 

The fact that Fournette had to take a 50 percent pay cut should tell you that nobody was willing to give up picks to pay twice his current salary.

17 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

The fact that Fournette had to take a 50 percent pay cut should tell you that nobody was willing to give up picks to pay twice his current salary.

The value for RBs has gone down a ton. Short shelf life and the talent pool is very deep. Add onto the fact that Fournette has had behavioral issues and gained a bad rep (was also speculated he didn’t prepare nearly well enough) and it’s a recipe for a tanking market value. He unquestionably has the talent, now it’s time to see if the move to Buccs is a wake up call. But he’s CLEARLY better than Ronald pucking Jones. Embarrassing to even compare 

Just now, Uncle_Ruckus said:

The value for RBs has gone down a ton. Short shelf life and the talent pool is very deep. Add onto the fact that Fournette has had behavioral issues and gained a bad rep (was also speculated he didn’t prepare nearly well enough) and it’s a recipe for a tanking market value. He unquestionably has the talent, now it’s time to see if the move to Buccs is a wake up call. But he’s CLEARLY better than Ronald pucking Jones. Embarrassing to even compare 

Yeah I doubt Ronald Jones could fetch a 6th either

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

What shows that he's better? They both have a career 3.9 YPC and RoJo had a higher PFF grade last year.

4 hours ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

Lack of reading comprehension. Have him as my 4th rb on a dynasty keeper when I got him for nothing after his rookie year which I already posted. You're upset you drafted a bust with Lenny. It happens.

Edited by theking759
6 hours ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

Just stop before you lose all credibility.  
Princess Leo 5 carries 5 yards. 
He has almost zero burst and even less vision.   

Rojo is the better,  more explosive rb.  His third down pickups in the first half and big chunk gains in the second were a big reason Tampa scored any tds.  

When Vaughn is up to speed just cut LF loose.  Every touch is a waste of a play.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
7 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Rojo is the better,  more explosive rb.  His third down pickups in the first half and big chunk gains in the second were a big reason Tampa scored any tds.  

When Vaughn is up to speed just cut LF loose.  Every touch is a waste of a play.  

Yes please let’s all stop before you’ll lose any credibility that you have left. 

I cannot understand how anybody can think RoJo or Fournette is better than the other. Unless they own either one then they sprout over n over how this one is better. 

Its only one game and I still have no idea which back ... and neither does any of you’ll 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
43 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Rojo 😂😂😂😂. A certified BUM.

This season will be so fun and rewarding. You peasants will be bowing to me as usual 😎. We’re all about to watch and see. As usual you won’t respond and will be in hiding 

3 minutes ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

Rojo 😂😂😂😂. A certified BUM.

This season will be so fun and rewarding. You peasants will be bowing to me as usual 😎. We’re all about to watch and see. As usual you won’t respond and will be in hiding 

what a weird way of saying 

“Rojo really flashed...again.   Fournette better put social media down and get to work.  He was brutal.”

👀 

To be fair, using "he couldn't beat out Barber" as some sort of attack towards RoJo isn't really on Jones, but more so on Arians. Everyone and there mother knew that Barber was absolutely horrible, and RoJo had shown flashes last year but Arians would still not let him loose. 

If you think this is a good thing for Fournette then you're misleading yourself. Who's to say RoJo isn't this year's Barber, and Fournette isn't last year's RoJo? Maybe the concern shouldn't be about who's the better back, rather if this backfield is unstartable because of the guy calling the shots. 

We again saw Barber plod around in Washington today. Maybe the guy just gives good foot massages to his coaches or something. It's going to be a week-by-week decision and, based on last year, I wouldn't be surprised if we are still asking this question by the bye week.

I remembered Arians talking about how RoJo was gonna get a ton more shots last year, and again it was just Barber plodding around for 2 yards. Backfield is an avoid for me. 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

Talking a lot about “as usual” for somebody who joined the forum one year ago. 

I lost the login info to my past account, baby brain. And I’m referencing general beta behavior. Their tendencies extend beyond rotoworld forums. 

Edited by Uncle_Ruckus