NBC Sports Edge Forums

Leonard Fournette 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only people on the face of the earth saying this is going to be a “full blown RBBC” are Rojo owners and dolts.  Which are you??

The only role he has ever had in his career is as the workhorse. Three weeks ago there was literally nobody saying that he wouldn’t have that role for the Jags in 2020. Now just a short time later on

Posted Images

I meant to make a right on Act Like You've Done This Before Avenue but I can see I'm on Overreaction Lane. Jesus. How can anyone say anything with any certainty what this backfield will look like? 

Fournette owners - RoJo will have his shot. He has earned it. He will not just go away. Arians's track record proves that.

RoJo owners - It is one week in. Fournette had no offseason with these guys, no connection, no playbook, nada. His talent is undeniable. It is far too early to go spouting off as if he will be a nonfactor in this backfield.

I own Fournette but know that it is RoJo's backfield to lose. Let's give this thing a few weeks to even see if ANY back will be able to find success in this frustrating offense. 

• Like 5
On 9/8/2020 at 5:48 PM, joshua18 said:

Not surprising that Fournette the team cancer would immediately throw his former QBs under the bus. Bortles had to regularly line him up in the right position bc he didn’t bother to learn the playbook, and Foles is only the guy who beat Brady to win SB MVP. 

The time for talk will soon end.

A JAG is still a JAG. 

In the history of jags, you won't find a jaggier jag than Damien Williams. If there's a lesson to be learned here, it's that every jag has his day, and Rojo in my eyes is definitely less jaggy than Williams. Fournette needs to demonstrate that he is head and shoulders better than Rojo to supplant Rojo and obviously he didn't do that this week. Here's hoping to next week. Through high school, college and the nfl, Fournette has always been the clearcut number 1/bell-cow guy on the depth chart so it will be really interesting to see how he handles the pressure of competing for playing time. Some players thrive under pressure or really welcome a competition (Jameis Winston comes to mind) and some people really crumble.

Edited by WaiverLooter
  • Haha 1

It amazes me how every other player thread is 5 or 6 pages...but not Lenny Fournette, 45 pages and counting. I guess hes just one of those polarizing players that you have to get your two cents in. And hes always got a new development...lol

Had him two years and a row and wanted him this year but someone grabbed him in the 5th. His thread is always a hilarious read. Always such differing opinions on him and his situation. Thanks for the discussion and entertainment guys 

For what it's worth I'll add my 0.02. I think fully incorporating Fournette is necessary for the Bucs to become the best team that they can be. If hes mentally bought in, Fournette can be a difference maker in many phases of the game. Also not sure how good Rojo is at pass blocking or catching dump offs. But that's even more important with Brady quarterbacking. 

• Like 1

Next week against the panthers will be more telling. There were 0 running lanes all game for any back. Personally, I continue to see LF taking LM snaps and RoJo and LF sharing this backfield with LF taking majority of 3rd down reps. RoJo will lead in touches though. Despite the tough game, LF isn’t a drop IMO and I’m a RoJo truther. 

PS Donovan Smith sucks and he’s the biggest problem right now for the bucs 

boyssss slow down slow down!!! Its week 1!! if you have fournette on the team and still won your week all is good- I mean who was starting him against that stout New Orleans D with less than a week of learning playbook, calls, team mates names etc lol. Let's continue the fournette bashing if he doesn't show well against Carolina next week... Although something tells me from watching Fournette film/interviews... it might take him some time to learn **** and I'm sure Brady won't stand for that **** and complain to Arians lol.. CHOO CHOOOO

56 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

Guy is literally one of the worst Running Backs in the whole entire league...Backups included.

If you have Leonard Fournette on your roster, you simply are not good at Fantasy Football.

This has to be one of the biggest exaggerations I've ever seen on these forums. We get it bud, you don't like Fournette. It's only been one week. He's worth a hold for 2 more weeks minimum in my mind just to see how things shake out. 

• Like 7

Tom Brady is washed. He looked awful, he looked awful last year. He's 43. So this insane upside for all these players that were massively overhyped needs to fall down to earth.

Fournette hasn't shown anything in this league except the ability to receive volume, and he hasn't even been able to do that without major injury. The oline isn't anything special, they have 4 different backs to rotate through, and the market values Fournette at 2 million. That's not great money.

Is Fournette droppable? Of course not. But he's not anything more than an RB4 until further notice. So far he's averaging 1 YPC.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

Tom Brady is washed. He looked awful, he looked awful last year. He's 43. So this insane upside for all these players that were massively overhyped needs to fall down to earth.

Fournette hasn't shown anything in this league except the ability to receive volume, and he hasn't even been able to do that without major injury. The oline isn't anything special, they have 4 different backs to rotate through, and the market values Fournette at 2 million. That's not great money.

Is Fournette droppable? Of course not. But he's not anything more than an RB4 until further notice. So far he's averaging 1 YPC.

I don’t know how you can say all of those things and then conclude he shouldn’t be dropped.  There are probably at least 4 players on waivers in every 10 or 12 team league better than him.  

23 minutes ago, MagikarpeDiem said:

I don’t know how you can say all of those things and then conclude he shouldn’t be dropped.  There are probably at least 4 players on waivers in every 10 or 12 team league better than him.  

I guess it depends on the size of your league, in 14 teamers he's definitely not droppable. But yeah I wouldn't be rushing to buy low either

• Like 1

New Orleans ranked 9th last season in run defense. The average was 93.9 yards per game. Fournette was not utilized in this matchup and probably due to how new he was to the team, and the game was getting out of hand, no need to pound the rock with fournette, made no sense they were forced to throw the ball, "game script" did not work in his favor.

Interesting fact, heard on the radio that the saints defense have not allowed a 100 yard rushed since 2017....

Edited by CABLE87
  • Like 3

Fournette will be fine, just give him a few weeks to get used to the offense. I think by week 5-6 he will be a flexible If not start able  player in rb2/rb3 range. I drafted him knowing he isn’t startable for a few weeks. He’s a rb4/5 for now. I don’t know how anyone is dropping him already, he will come in handy once bye weeks start coming. He’s a talented rb, the whole offense is in disarray right now, it’ll come together. He’s a hold for me.

For the record, I think RoJo is good too, they’ll both have value once the offense starts to come together. 

Edited by Godeep

In all seriousness, zero hint of trying to be an a**...but I keep hearing he's new to the offense/team, give it some time, he needs to get acclimated, they need to work him in.  If Old man Peterson can sign with DETROIT and drop over 100 total yds within the same week, why can't LF?  Or at least, at a minimum, be trusted enough to be given enough snaps/touches to try? And this is coming from an LF owner who desperately needs him to pan out. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, CletisVanDamme said:

In all seriousness, zero hint of trying to be an a**...but I keep hearing he's new to the offense/team, give it some time, he needs to get acclimated, they need to work him in.  If Old man Peterson can sign with DETROIT and drop over 100 total yds within the same week, why can't LF?  Or at least, at a minimum, be trusted enough to be given enough snaps/touches to try? And this is coming from an LF owner who desperately needs him to pan out. 

This is why AP was called Purple Jesus. Also, AP knew the Detroit OC from his years in Minn.  AP rushed for 18 yards on his first run on the second series and the Lions just went with the hot hand approach. Bucs run game on the other hand wS dead from the start, plays were dead as the rb received the ball in the backfield(credit to Saints D). Also give credit to Rojo who made a little something out of nothing with his touches and LF only got 5 carries so hard to judge on this game.

22 minutes ago, CletisVanDamme said:

AP is a pro's pro. Dude has been in the league a long a** time. He can probably step on any team and fit in. Not saying he would be the best choice at rb for every team, but he could fit. Fournette doesn't compare as far as work ethic and experience in the league. You can't put the two in the same sentence.

• Like 2
On 9/17/2020 at 7:03 PM, CletisVanDamme said:

"Being new" stops being an argument this week.  We'll really have to see what happens here.  Rojo looked better than expected....maybe the competition lit a fire under his butt.

I seriously doubt Fournette takes over in the short term.  It will be a gradual thing or Rojo will have to start dropping the ball.  I do think, even if Rojo plays well, that Fournette gets to at least a 40% workload over time.