NBC Sports Edge Forums

Leonard Fournette 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only people on the face of the earth saying this is going to be a “full blown RBBC” are Rojo owners and dolts.  Which are you??

The only role he has ever had in his career is as the workhorse. Three weeks ago there was literally nobody saying that he wouldn’t have that role for the Jags in 2020. Now just a short time later on

Posted Images

Fournette is officially done.  Until he get's healthy.  Then it's a split. Depending on RoJo's performance.  Or Arians mood.  Or Fournette's performance.  Otherwise RoJo could possible take the backfield for himself. As long as he doesn't fumble or miss a block.  Or Vaughn gets an opportunity and does well.  That might change things.  Maybe.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Magoo said:

Fournette is officially done.  Until he get's healthy.  Then it's a split. Depending on RoJo's performance.  Or Arians mood.  Or Fournette's performance.  Otherwise RoJo could possible take the backfield for himself. As long as he doesn't fumble or miss a block.  Or Vaughn gets an opportunity and does well.  That might change things.  Maybe.

Vaughn will get snaps regardless of RoJos performance. 0 percent chance he can take the backfield though 

OK so Fournette got hurt early 4th quarter.  That's actually kind of good news.

Not knowing he got hurt, I have assumed that Arians preferred Rojo to run out the clock.  Now we know that this is not necessarily the case.  I don't know what the touches were before the injury, but we have no idea if Arians would have ridden Fournette instead of Rojo at the end last week.

The obvious negative here is that Rojo now has the opening to seize control of the backfield again if he plays lights out.  He had that opportunity at the start of the season and blew it.  Maybe this time he holds onto the job.

This overall is a bad situation, but not as bad as it could be.  In a way, it would be worse if Fournette did not get hurt because that would mean BA did not trust him at all last week.  With the injury, he had no choice but to use Rojo.

I wish they would tell us how bad Fournette is so we know if/how long we should hold him.  I was going to drop him before I found out he got hurt during the game last week.  Now I don't know.

Edited by kp96
  • Haha 1

Trade LF while you can you've got just over 24 hours.  Just use him as a throw in if you have too.  Once RoJo carries The Bucs & Fantasy Teams alike it will be clear Lenny is going to be 2nd fiddle for the rest of the year and his value will bottom out to a fringe flex play praying for a vulture TD at best.

8 minutes ago, Rotocious said:

Trade LF while you can you've got just over 24 hours.  Just use him as a throw in if you have too.  Once RoJo carries The Bucs & Fantasy Teams alike it will be clear Lenny is going to be 2nd fiddle for the rest of the year and his value will bottom out to a fringe flex play praying for a vulture TD at best.

I still believe there is a significant talent discrepancy between Rojo and Fournette. So if Rojo breaks out in the pouring rain against that Chargers D, I'll be shocked. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we're all talking about Keshawn Vaughn after this. 

1 minute ago, Gandalfthecat said:

I still believe there is a significant talent discrepancy between Rojo and Fournette. So if Rojo breaks out in the pouring rain against that Chargers D, I'll be shocked. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we're all talking about Keshawn Vaughn after this. 

Ah damn didnt realize it was going to be pouring rain. 

But still dont see how everyone thinks Vaughn is close to RoJo.  Go back and watch college highlights.

Just go back and see the praise Tom Brady was giving RoJo earlier this summer.

Fournette was just a minor speed bump delaying Ronald Jones II from unleashing his greatness onto the league.

12 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Jones dropped 3 passes yesterday and McCoy is injured now. Brady may prefer Fournette as the pass receiver. 

If you’re holding on to him, you’re banking on the 3 drops ending RoJo’s strangle hold on the position.

1 minute ago, nn4mz said:

If you’re holding on to him, you’re banking on the 3 drops ending RoJo’s strangle hold on the position.

Watched the entire game and Rojo did look good at times as much as it pains me to say being a Fournette owner and desperately needing a RB. That being said, Jones made 3 TERRIBLE drops one that was a right in his hands and was a drive killer. Still a committee and can't trust either, plus they won, but if you have space keep Fournette and wait IMO.