NBC Sports Edge Forums

Leonard Fournette 2020 Outlook

At the end of the day I feel this will eventually be a 50/50 split. RoJo deserves better than that, but it is what it is with Bruce Arians. If they ran the ball like Cleveland this would be fine, but at some point I think both of these guys will be a flex at best with upside at. The upside will hinge on whether they break off some long runs, like Fournette did against Carolina. One thing that may also hurt is Tom Brady remembering what down it is because that's very important.

• Haha 2
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only people on the face of the earth saying this is going to be a “full blown RBBC” are Rojo owners and dolts.  Which are you??

The only role he has ever had in his career is as the workhorse. Three weeks ago there was literally nobody saying that he wouldn’t have that role for the Jags in 2020. Now just a short time later on

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

He didn’t really beat them up-   More like happened to be running into the line and a hole opened up.   And caught a pass with wide open real estate.  Gifts given to any rb lucky enough to be in the right place at right time.  He isn’t good- his value is only from opportunity.   Which granted,  could be there with all the injuries they have at rb.   There is value here 

imagine knocking a guy for taking advantage of the opportunities in game - exactly what he's supposed to do (especially in his 3rd week with the team).

He found holes and got open. Is an RB only good if he gets hit in the backfield and turns it into positive yards?

Edited by Deke
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 10/9/2020 at 10:30 AM, FitzMagic said:

At the end of the day I feel this will eventually be a 50/50 split. RoJo deserves better than that, but it is what it is with Bruce Arians. If they ran the ball like Cleveland this would be fine, but at some point I think both of these guys will be a flex at best with upside at. The upside will hinge on whether they break off some long runs, like Fournette did against Carolina. One thing that may also hurt is Tom Brady remembering what down it is because that's very important.

If anything Rojo strengthened his claim to the majority of the carries moving forward. As someone who drafted him in the later rounds with hopes of him taking over i just don't see it happening under arians unless rojo goes on a fumble spree or gets hurt. He's not a confident start or league winner as long as rojo is there

On 10/13/2020 at 5:59 PM, Guwop said:

If anything Rojo strengthened his claim to the majority of the carries moving forward. As someone who drafted him in the later rounds with hopes of him taking over i just don't see it happening under arians unless rojo goes on a fumble spree or gets hurt. He's not a confident start or league winner as long as rojo is there

So, who is dropping? His ownership is dropping by the day and in shallow leagues with 5 bench spots, isn't it tough to hold on? Seems like Mattison right now (pre injury) basically. 

3 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

So, who is dropping? His ownership is dropping by the day and in shallow leagues with 5 bench spots, isn't it tough to hold on? Seems like Mattison right now (pre injury) basically. 

Short bench I’m not stoked about holding Leo.  He’s a fine cuff-  but not leaving a more promising player on the wire for it.  

Edited by Impreza178
On 10/13/2020 at 3:55 PM, paulwall29 said:

LOL I cannot believe all the people in here talking about cutting him. He will be immediately picked up if you do and has league winning upside. Foolish. Good luck dropping him for JD McKissick.

Hahaha no. If Rojo isn't a 'league winner', then Lenny won't be. But he could someday be a solid option of Jones gets hurt

Leonard's only value is a cuff for RoJo. With the bye weeks in full effect now, I can't see why anybody is holding him if they have a pressing need right now. He's really done nothing to warrant him being a must hold. RoJo has strengthened his role in the time Lenny has missed.

57 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Leonard's only value is a cuff for RoJo. With the bye weeks in full effect now, I can't see why anybody is holding him if they have a pressing need right now. He's really done nothing to warrant him being a must hold. RoJo has strengthened his role in the time Lenny has missed.

CaUsE tHe PoDfAtHeR ToLd Me tO..

Edited by the_dying_dream
3 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Why the hell did the Bucs even pick this dude up

Still trying to figure this out.

I think rojo has over performed and Lenard has been sitting there waiting for rojo to mess up. I drafted Fournette after the signing and on the cusp of dropping him. I want to wait and see this next week with a healthy Fournette in the lineup and if he doesn't get an opportunity, I will drop him next week.

As a Fournette owner, I (and others, even Arians I think) were waiting for RoJo to be his usual pedestrian self so Len could step right in to the alpha role. To Jones' credit, he's risen to the challenge and proven all of us doubters wrong so far. He's a new man out there. Fournette's one awful game and subsequent injury opened the door, and RoJo flew through it.

• Like 2

To be fair Arians has been saying RoJo was #1 the whole time, even if no one really believed him.  I was shocked when RoJo got the majority of touches in the game immediately following Fournette's week 2 outburst.  He has been making the best of his opportunity to Fournette's detriment.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, fbi314159 said:

To be fair Arians has been saying RoJo was #1 the whole time, even if no one really believed him.  I was shocked when RoJo got the majority of touches in the game immediately following Fournette's week 2 outburst.  He has been making the best of his opportunity to Fournette's detriment.

Arians literally said when you can have a cheap backup like fournette, you do it. And Jones is not pedestrian. I know there's a lot of lenny fan boys in here, but jones is a different human than he was when he came in the league. If lenny didn't break off that long run in garbage time a few games ago, people would see him for what he is. I own lenny myself, but he's not good against good defenses. He's a downhill runner that exceeds against bad defenses. His competition however is currently much better than him, whether you want to believe it or not. 

"RB Ronald Jones II has the 7th-worst YBC/att (yards before contact per attempt) mark (1.9 ybc/att), but still has the 7th-most rushing yards in the NFL, the 8th-most first downs, the 4th-best YAC/att (yards after contact per attempt), & the 6th-best YPC mark in the NFL."

8 hours ago, jnormy said:

Jones WAS pedestrian coming into this year. He’s clearly taken a step forward, and props to him for that. 

Not exactly true. I seem to remember Rojo looking very good down the stretch last year. Everyone was just skeptical he could keep it going, especially when Fournette was signed. 

Rojo showed flashes of being good last season. There was no reason to assume Fournette would be handed the lead role without a fight. I think part of the reason I reached for Fournette instead of waiting to get Rojo was because Lenny showed some serious pass catching upside last season and that seemed valuable for a Brady led offense. But Rojo made some improvements in that department, Lenny went back to being injured, and here we are.

1 hour ago, owenmills said:

Not exactly true. I seem to remember Rojo looking very good down the stretch last year. Everyone was just skeptical he could keep it going, especially when Fournette was signed. 

Two of his last three games he had 80 yards and 70 yards with no TDs, sandwiched around a 9-yard game. Prior to that he had 11 out of 12 games with less than 4 YPC and only topped 60 yards once in that stretch. He started well last year and those two late games of 70+ yards were certainly not horrible, but IMO pedestrian is a perfect descriptor, especially when compared to his past two weeks of stellar running this year. 

Bringing it back to Fournette, we owners can expect further disappointment if RoJo keeps balling like this.

Edited by jnormy
  • Like 2
10 minutes ago, jnormy said:

Two of his last three games he had 80 yards and 70 yards with no TDs, sandwiched around a 9-yard game. Prior to that he had 11 out of 12 games with less than 4 YPC and only topped 60 yards once in that stretch. He started well last year and those two late games of 70+ yards were certainly not horrible, but IMO pedestrian is a perfect descriptor, especially when compared to his past two weeks of stellar running this year. 

Bringing it back to Fournette, we owners can expect further disappointment if RoJo keeps balling like this.

Well I suppose it’s opinion, but he didn’t look pedestrian to me last year. He wasn’t as consistent as this year but he flashed. There was a reason his ADP got so high before the Fournette signing. Early in the offseason there was optimism he could keep ascending and be really good. Of course there was still the contingent that thought he sucked 

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Well I suppose it’s opinion, but he didn’t look pedestrian to me last year. He wasn’t as consistent as this year but he flashed. There was a reason his ADP got so high before the Fournette signing. Early in the offseason there was optimism he could keep ascending and be really good. Of course there was still the contingent that thought he sucked 

Not gonna belabor the point, but just want to make sure you know I’m not saying he was BAD last year. The Merriam-Webster definition of “pedestrian” is “commonplace; unimaginative”... and that’s just what RoJo’s performance pretty much was most of last season, regardless of whether he occasionally flashed. As you say, it’s all opinion, except his actual numbers throughout the ‘19 season were def commonplace.

I do think Fournette has “league winner” potential if RoJo succumbed to a season-ending injury. Fournette could step right into a workhorse role on a very potent offense making him an RB1 with weekly top 5 upside. 

Otherwise he’ll be an inconsistent flex. 

• Like 2