NBC Sports Edge Forums

Leonard Fournette 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only people on the face of the earth saying this is going to be a “full blown RBBC” are Rojo owners and dolts.  Which are you??

The only role he has ever had in his career is as the workhorse. Three weeks ago there was literally nobody saying that he wouldn’t have that role for the Jags in 2020. Now just a short time later on

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, affliction said:

Fumble injury same thing with Arians 

Despite Dojo's 3rd fumble of the season, why do I feel like Arians will go back to Rojo next week? He looked like the better runner, getting many more yards each opportunity. He definitely looked more spry. Fournette was constantly getting stuffed and couldn't break off good runs. He wasn't doing too well with his screen passes either.

Edited by jpark211
1 minute ago, jpark211 said:

Despite Dojo's 3rd fumble of the season, why do I feel like Arians will go back to Rojo next week? He just seems like the better runner, going more YPC tonight. He definitely looked more spry with his touches. Fournette was constantly getting stuffed and couldn't break off good runs. He wasn't doing too well with his screen passes either.

Backup running backs usually have a higher ypc

19 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

Despite Dojo's 3rd fumble of the season, why do I feel like Arians will go back to Rojo next week? He looked like the better runner, getting many more yards each opportunity. He definitely looked more spry. Fournette was constantly getting stuffed and couldn't break off good runs. He wasn't doing too well with his screen passes either.

The problem for Rojo is that he makes too many mistakes.  Not just talking about the fumble tonight, but those drive-killing drops in the passing game.  Fournette is running at about the same level as him, but makes fewer mistakes.  That's why he's overtaking Rojo.

Rojo does look more spry than Fournette, but he has lost Arian's trust.  It will take poor performances and/or boneheaded plays by Fournette for this to return to a Rojo backfield.  I wouldn't count on it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Glad he seemed to have gotten the lead role but he has like zero lateral agility left and can barely even break tackles anymore.

Not RB1 any more probably but his usage is good enough to be valuable in PPR at least

51 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Glad he seemed to have gotten the lead role but he has like zero lateral agility left and can barely even break tackles anymore.

Noticed this as well. If I didn’t know any better I would have thought he’s a washed up 32 year old that’s had a couple ACL surgeries over his career.

Bruh is only 25. Here he is at 17...... allegedly. 

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
2 hours ago, sSektor said:

Well, when you're getting gang tackled in the backfield, does that even matter?

Fournette averaged 3.5 ypc last night.  Rojo was at 3.2 ypc.  Neither had much room to run.

4 hours ago, kp96 said:

Well, when you're getting gang tackled in the backfield, does that even matter?

Fournette averaged 3.5 ypc last night.  Rojo was at 3.2 ypc.  Neither had much room to run.

Yea I gotta say that although Fournette looked very pedestrian last night I didn't see his o line giving him much room to run. Seemed like they were getting blown off the ball and for whatever reason Arians decided that half back dives were the only running plays worth calling.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, paulwall29 said:

Yea I gotta say that although Fournette looked very pedestrian last night I didn't see his o line giving him much room to run. Seemed like they were getting blown off the ball and for whatever reason Arians decided that half back dives were the only running plays worth calling.

Rojo is a much better runner and its not close.  This guy plays cuz they paid him 2.5 mil, thats it.  If BA doesn't stop jerking around, hes going to mess his team up.  Tell me rojo wasnt miles better as the lead back?

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

Rojo is a much better runner and its not close.  This guy plays cuz they paid him 2.5 mil, thats it.  If BA doesn't stop jerking around, hes going to mess his team up.  Tell me rojo wasnt miles better as the lead back?

I believe this is the denial portion of the grieving process. The sooner y'all work your way to acceptance the sooner you'll be able to adjust your rosters accordingly.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

I believe this is the denial portion of the grieving process. The sooner y'all work your way to acceptance the sooner you'll be able to adjust your rosters accordingly.

Im not in denial, [...]  I just think Rojo is a better runner period.  He is shifty and gets tough yards.  Kimbo slice goes down at the first contact.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
20 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

Im not in denial, [...]  I just think Rojo is a better runner period.  He is shifty and gets tough yards.  Kimbo slice goes down at the first contact.

Sure. But Bucs don't need a better runner, they just need to not turn the ball over. Their defense is #1 in the league. They have the GOAT throwing balls, and they have 3 all pro WRs. They just need a guy who doesn't fumble the ball and can be there as a safety check down for Brady, and that's Fournette. 

Is anyone actually excited about "Fournette SZN"?? Dude could barely crack 10pts (PPR) on TWENTY-ONE touches yesterday - against an awful defense. And he looked awful doing it.

Rojo's fumble might end up being bad news for everyone involved as the Fournette crew now thinks he has a chance of being relevant, and might even play him next week(s).