NBC Sports Edge Forums

Leonard Fournette 2020 Outlook

27 minutes ago, TLBDS said:

Is anyone actually excited about "Fournette SZN"?? Dude could barely crack 10pts (PPR) on TWENTY-ONE touches yesterday - against an awful defense. And he looked awful doing it.

Rojo's fumble might end up being bad news for everyone involved as the Fournette crew now thinks he has a chance of being relevant, and might even play him next week(s).

meh.... did Tampa look good last night???? No, they barley beat the giants... Don't hang that on Fournette, use your head
Godwin + AB to join the receivers shortly = opening up the running game. Yes its Fournette SZN, the best is yet to come

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only people on the face of the earth saying this is going to be a “full blown RBBC” are Rojo owners and dolts.  Which are you??

The only role he has ever had in his career is as the workhorse. Three weeks ago there was literally nobody saying that he wouldn’t have that role for the Jags in 2020. Now just a short time later on

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, BeefDaddy said:

meh.... did Tampa look good last night???? No, they barley beat the giants... Don't hang that on Fournette, use your head
Godwin + AB to join the receivers shortly = opening up the running game. Yes its Fournette SZN, the best is yet to come

Fournette was part of the reason TB looked so weak last night. Add that to the fact that Brady likes Evans and Gronk in the redzone. At least Rojo gave us something to be excited about - LF looks like Lamar Miller after he went to Houston.

At this rate Vaughn is potentially the most attractive RB in TB, in both redraft and dynasty. I'll take the upside flier over a couple of guys who have coach/efficiency issues.

Edited by TLBDS
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
42 minutes ago, TLBDS said:

Is anyone actually excited about "Fournette SZN"?? Dude could barely crack 10pts (PPR) on TWENTY-ONE touches yesterday - against an awful defense. And he looked awful doing it.

Rojo's fumble might end up being bad news for everyone involved as the Fournette crew now thinks he has a chance of being relevant, and might even play him next week(s).

Giants D has been very good but yeah both TB RBs are just dart throws if they are both active.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, BeefDaddy said:

Agreed this offense has the potential to be prolific but Lenny should probably take the lead out of his cleats if he wants to capitalize on the opportunity. 

1 hour ago, TLBDS said:

NYG has an above average defense.  Also NYG as a whole are a team trending in an upward direction.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, FouLLine said:

NYG has an above average defense.  Also NYG as a whole are a team trending in an upward direction.

Fair enough. NYG certainly couldn't trend down any further. Should have taken a closer look at their rush D which is actually pretty good on the season.

Doesn't change the fact that this whole team (TB) is trending toward a fantasy wasteland for 2020, except for D/ST maybe. Not enough reliable production unless injuries hit.

Edited by TLBDS
16 minutes ago, TLBDS said:

Fair enough. NYG certainly couldn't trend down any further. Should have taken a closer look at their rush D which is actually pretty good on the season.

Doesn't change the fact that this whole team (TB) is trending toward a fantasy wasteland for 2020, except for D/ST maybe. Not enough reliable production unless injuries hit.

Yeah all my buddies are surprised when I text them where NYG's defense ranks in yardage and points.  They're slightly above average.

10 minutes ago, FouLLine said:

Yeah all my buddies are surprised when I text them where NYG's defense ranks in yardage and points.  They're slightly above average.

Especially the Giants' rushing defense -- fourth in the league in yards per rush at 3.7, and eighth in rushing yards allowed per game. There's a good reason both Fournette and Jones were consistently met at the line last night.

6 hours ago, brosephd said:

passing downs is nice but need to have him pound the rock or gl back at least

Yeah, I'm not sure what to make of this situation. It seems like he's only in the game during passing situations. Like early on before the game got out of hand, it seemed like it was all RoJo, but then it was all LF for pretty much the remainder of the game. These past two games, I've basically been holding my breath through the first half with Fournette getting just about zero work, then I spend the second half watching him get all the work. When they're down, though, Brady locks onto him hardcore like no one else, so he could be PPR gold in garbage time, but the statline much tells the story: 6 rec. for 41 yds. and 1 rush for 0 yds. Seems like a highly volatile, feast/famine type of situation, unless you expect them to be reliably playing from behind the rest of the year.

As mentioned before...you'd be better off moving on from the TB backfield until one is injured. With AB back, I can see RB target share declining a bit going forward and Rojo will never go away as he is most likely better at pure running, while Fournette has the edge in receiving. However, this backfield is annoying to use (like Buffalo) and you'd be better off trading or cutting and stashing other potential league winners out there. 

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, umphrey said:

We didn’t learn too much because of the blowout. I like the idea that yesterday was his floor though which was 10 ppr points. 

I think the blow out was a good thing for Fournette's numbers.  Contrary to what pretty much everyone expected, it appears that Arians was on his way to splitting the load--RoJo started the first three series and uncharacteristically (perhaps) did not make any obvious errors.  This is not the sign of a RB who has been relegated primarily to the pine.  By the time Fournette came in, the blow out was already in full swing, and TB was in a pass only mode (four total team carries is evidence of this).  Even the most die hard RoJo fan will admit that he has serious questions in the passing game (although he did look fine on the three coming his way this week), so the blow out kept Fournette on the field.

Anyways, Tampa Bay is a bad RBBC and neither player is particularly startable outside of desperate circumstances.

43 minutes ago, fbi314159 said:

I think the blow out was a good thing for Fournette's numbers.  Contrary to what pretty much everyone expected, it appears that Arians was on his way to splitting the load--RoJo started the first three series and uncharacteristically (perhaps) did not make any obvious errors.  This is not the sign of a RB who has been relegated primarily to the pine.  By the time Fournette came in, the blow out was already in full swing, and TB was in a pass only mode (four total team carries is evidence of this).  Even the most die hard RoJo fan will admit that he has serious questions in the passing game (although he did look fine on the three coming his way this week), so the blow out kept Fournette on the field.

Anyways, Tampa Bay is a bad RBBC and neither player is particularly startable outside of desperate circumstances.

He hit a 10 point floor in his 3 healthy weeks lately. If TB is winning there will be more rushing attempts total, and he'll get some of those. 

1 hour ago, coleworld7 said:

how are we feeling about him this week? i expect tampa bay to come out ready to play and am thinking hes atleast a startable flex with all the byes and injuries this week

I think Tampa is going to put a whupping on Carolina after that embarrassment.

1 minute ago, brosephd said:

if they blow out carolina, you think jones will get most of the carries to kill the clock, while fournette is more the 3rd down back or hurry up offense back?

That's a very good question.  A TB early blowout is Rojo's best chance for signficant action.  Still, it looks like Fournette is, at worst, splitting series with Rojo so he will get his.

• Haha 1

He’s Kevin Faulk.   Fine for a desperation start out of pure potential for easy dumpoffs.    Almost no burst or agility and needs the Red Sea to part for big gainers.   Easy cut for Tampa in the off-season.    They’ll get their passing down hoss one of these days 

Drop City unless you have no other options. Today was the PERFECT day for an official changing of the guard but Arians rode with RoJo despite the fumble and Rojo responded. No hate at all. I would rather know the truth than foolishly count on Yahoo's 13 point prediction every week. Hearing he looks like an injured version of an injured Todd Gurley. Whatever that means. 

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo
  • Thanks 1