NBC Sports Edge Forums

Leonard Fournette 2020 Outlook

14 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Drop City unless you have no other options. Today was the PERFECT day for an official changing of the guard but Arians rode with RoJo despite the fumble and Rojo responded. No hate at all. I would rather know the truth than foolishly count on Yahoo's 13 point prediction every week. Hearing he looks like an injured version of an injured Todd Gurley. Whatever that means. 

This is one backfield you should stay very far away from unless deep leagues where you can somehow start both 

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only people on the face of the earth saying this is going to be a “full blown RBBC” are Rojo owners and dolts.  Which are you??

The only role he has ever had in his career is as the workhorse. Three weeks ago there was literally nobody saying that he wouldn’t have that role for the Jags in 2020. Now just a short time later on

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

Think starting him this week might be the move. Going against KC and should be down or in a dogfight for the majority of the game.

I think it's pretty clear ROJO got all those carries 2 weeks ago because Panthers piss poor vs the run and decent vs the pass

I'm a RoJo owner [...] so take this with a grain of salt...

I think the only playable RB in this backfield is RoJo, and believe me I won't be making the mistake of starting him again over one of my low-end receivers unless I absolutely have to.

Fournette got lucky this week with Evans being dropped on the goal line on his turn--without that he'd have had the same crappy day RoJo did.  Fournette was doing nothing running or receiving the ball the whole night...  He's their receiving RB, but he isn't even very good at that (he appears better at this than RoJo, but we can all agree that this is not saying much).

If you have to play one of these guys, you are already in it deep.

1 hour ago, fbi314159 said:

I'm a RoJo owner [...]  so take this with a grain of salt...

I think the only playable RB in this backfield is RoJo, and believe me I won't be making the mistake of starting him again over one of my low-end receivers unless I absolutely have to.

Fournette got lucky this week with Evans being dropped on the goal line on his turn--without that he'd have had the same crappy day RoJo did.  Fournette was doing nothing running or receiving the ball the whole night...  He's their receiving RB, but he isn't even very good at that (he appears better at this than RoJo, but we can all agree that this is not saying much).

If you have to play one of these guys, you are already in it deep.

That's interesting you say that. I'm in PPR and looking to find someone who can get 10 points and I'll be happy at this point. Since Fournette returned from injury here are his points compared to ROJO's:

Fournette: 15.5, 10, 10, 5, and 9.5

ROJO: 10.5, 6.5, 5, 25, and 2.5

That's 4 out of 5 weeks Fournette has done better. The only one Rojo did better in was the one against a really poor run defense and he broke a 98 yard TD, which accounted for 16 of his 25. Seems to me like Fournette is the higher floor rb, but you still think ROJO is the only one playable?

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

That's interesting you say that. I'm in PPR and looking to find someone who can get 10 points and I'll be happy at this point. Since Fournette returned from injury here are his points compared to ROJO's:

Fournette: 15.5, 10, 10, 5, and 9.5

ROJO: 10.5, 6.5, 5, 25, and 2.5

That's 4 out of 5 weeks Fournette has done better. The only one Rojo did better in was the one against a really poor run defense and he broke a 98 yard TD, which accounted for 16 of his 25. Seems to me like Fournette is the higher floor rb, but you still think ROJO is the only one playable?

I think in PPR Fournette can be a flex but in standard it’s difficult to start either and I would lean towards ROJO. 

Not saying that clip reminds me of Trent Richardson but if I didn't know who Fournette was and someone put a gun to my head that would be my first guess as tho who it is. He's so bad this year and there isn't enough volume for him to eventually get his 1 week saving run.

33 minutes ago, SundayGravy said:

Ha ha Jones just ran for 200 yards

You think that makes him good? He was literally gifted a free 98 yard run against one of the worst run defenses in the league. Instead of 1 game, i'll take literally every other game to determine his ability. Which is he has none. 

• Haha 1
27 minutes ago, Deke said:

You think that makes him good? He was literally gifted a free 98 yard run against one of the worst run defenses in the league. Instead of 1 game, i'll take literally every other game to determine his ability. Which is he has none. 

I wouldn't say gifted. He hit the hole hard, made the safety miss and outran a DB to the end zone. You think Lenny houses that? 0% chance. He likely gets wrapped up by the safety for an 8 yard run.

You'll take literally every other game? Then lets go back and look at his three consecutive 100 yard games (including against the Bears), when he was lead dog and the Bucs were committed to him. He looked excellent. The Lenny comes back and I guess the coaching staff feels obligated to give him some run even though the guy is a plodder who can't even get what is blocked. I know above you said they both suck, and Ronald has his faults, but their offense looks much better when they establish the run with him instead of relying on Brady and throwing it 40+ times a game. It's mind boggling and I think coaching is a big part of the problem for the Bucs. They need to pull their heads out. 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Can anyone remember the last time Arians blamed himself/coaching rather than throwing each player under the bus?

Good point. 

They clearly need to establish some sort of run game to keep the defense honest and off of Brady, but instead they half-heartedly run once on every first down and pass the rest.

If Arians was consistent he would bench himself for the way he has coached. 

• Like 1

To be fair, Fournette has never really gotten the opportunity to be the guy in the backfield either. I've watched most of the Bucs games and it literally feels like his touches are coming in piecemeal and a lot of times he's met in the backfield. 

The clip being posted, there was definitely two defenders converging who would've tackled Fournette for a very short gain. Not saying Fournette was right to try and cut, but looked like he (incorrectly) thought he can get more yardage by avoiding the incoming safety and cutting the other direction. I'm sure his coaches will tell him he needs to take what is given next time, but I think this clip is not really indicative of his vision.

I have Fournette in one league and Jones in another league, and if I were choosing one of the two, I would choose Jones, but feels like people here love to shoot this guy down for whatever reason.

36 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Can anyone remember the last time Arians blamed himself/coaching rather than throwing each player under the bus?

I cannot.. Bruce has been quick to blame Brady or bench Ronald. I understanding having your coaching staff's back but it's an interesting dynamic. Is Byron full time play caller? Because he is bad.. as pointed out above it seems they're content running on 1st down for a couple yards then throwing on 2nd and 3rd down. No ingenuity and they will get housed in the playoffs if they continue this. 

20 minutes ago, nb009 said:

I have Fournette in one league and Jones in another league, and if I were choosing one of the two, I would choose Jones, but feels like people here love to shoot this guy down for whatever reason.

I feel the same way about Ronald.. I'm like his big brother on here constantly defending him. I've watched a lot of Bucs games this year and just from the eye test it's  not close. Ronald has more burst and more decisiveness. He runs hard.. he runs angry. He's been in the offense a few years so maybe he's more comfortable but it's night and day for me. Lenny just doesn't look comfortable out there. 

The above clip.. you're telling me he was better off running into a pile rather than cutting back right and trying to make a move on the DB? The LB even got sucked in and Lenny ran right into him.. Godwin even came down for a crack. Cut off that and potentially make a move on the safety. Still would've gotten at least 3 maybe 4 more yards even if the safety wraps him up. Make the safety miss and there is daylight. That is a bad, bad run any way you want to spin it. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, nb009 said:

I've watched most of the Bucs games and it literally feels like his touches are coming in piecemeal and a lot of times he's met in the backfield.

All the more reason RoJo is the preferred back.  TB o-line sucks and doesn't open up lanes well.

RoJo is #1 in the league this year in average yards after contact (3.1 yards)

Fournette is #26 in the same stat (2 yards).

Edited by fbi314159
  • Like 1
On 11/25/2020 at 12:02 PM, Deke said:

This is just an awful take. Look at the 3 games in a row with no Fournette. He looked great. There is no such thing as a 98 yard gift. There's a reason it doesn't happen often. 

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, SundayGravy said:

This is just an awful take. Look at the 3 games in a row with no Fournette. He looked great. There is no such thing as a 98 yard gift. There's a reason it doesn't happen often. 

yes there is. he wasn't touched and should been tackled by the guy that caught up to him but he made a terrible attempt. Jones is as bad as Fournette. Otherwise Jones would be getting more touches.

What do we do with him? I just looked at my roster and realized he's 1 of 5 players left on my team who I actually drafted. And only started him once. The allure of a potential RoJo injury and him being the guy has me holding on as a potential game changing lotto ticket. But then again even if it was just him would it even be worth more than a middling RB2? Feeling handcuffed here. And not a RoJo owner.

Edited by Ffguy0087
36 minutes ago, Deke said:

yes there is. he wasn't touched and should been tackled by the guy that caught up to him but he made a terrible attempt. Jones is as bad as Fournette. Otherwise Jones would be getting more touches.

Did you watch the 3 games where he didn't have to do the dumb time share with Len?

6 hours ago, Ffguy0087 said:

What do we do with him? I just looked at my roster and realized he's 1 of 5 players left on my team who I actually drafted. And only started him once. The allure of a potential RoJo injury and him being the guy has me holding on as a potential game changing lotto ticket. But then again even if it was just him would it even be worth more than a middling RB2? Feeling handcuffed here. And not a RoJo owner.

I finally dropped him. Wouldn’t start him this week, then a Week 13 bye. He has mostly looked average as a runner and after his 3 drops last week Brady could be losing some confidence in him. 

I would think they would work McCoy and/or Vaughn in the mix if RoJo went down.