NBC Sports Edge Forums

Leonard Fournette 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only people on the face of the earth saying this is going to be a “full blown RBBC” are Rojo owners and dolts.  Which are you??

The only role he has ever had in his career is as the workhorse. Three weeks ago there was literally nobody saying that he wouldn’t have that role for the Jags in 2020. Now just a short time later on

Posted Images

Was Jones a close contact or a true positive? Big difference. If he was a true positive, he was placed on COVID list on 12/16, he can still be cleared to play on game day 12/26. 

If he is out, I think you have to play Fournette vs the putrid Lions defense. 

1 minute ago, fantasymad said:

Was Jones a close contact or a true positive? Big difference. If he was a true positive, he was placed on COVID list on 12/16, he can still be cleared to play on game day 12/26. 

If he is out, I think you have to play Fournette vs the putrid Lions defense. 

I think it's pretty clear from that Tweet he was a confirmed positive.

Why does he say he 'would be surprised' like there's a chance, then framing it like it's a technicality(minimum 10 days) and Rojo can't make it and would have to be out. It's like he's leaving room for the fact he may not know what the f--- he's talking about

8 minutes ago, fantasymad said:

Looking very likely that Jones is out again vs Detroit. 

It is hard to overstate how bad Detroit's run D has been. The absolute worst in the league. 

Thoughts on starting Fournette in the ship?

It's also hard to overstate how meh Fournette has been with the exception of one or maybe 2 games.

Also, Detroit is #4 in rushing yards allowed, but if we look at yards per attempt, they're more middle of the pack (#12). I don't think it's as clear-cut as you make it to be (hope it to be).

4 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

It's also hard to overstate how meh Fournette has been with the exception of one or maybe 2 games.

Also, Detroit is #4 in rushing yards allowed, but if we look at yards per attempt, they're more middle of the pack (#12). I don't think it's as clear-cut as you make it to be (hope it to be).

They have given up 17 TDs to RB in 14 games as well. 25 fantasy pts per game to the position in standard leagues. League worst.

Its pretty clear cut how bad their run D is. 

But Fournette's production on the other hand is up for debate not his matchup however.

My two cents.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, fantasymad said:

Looking very likely that Jones is out again vs Detroit. 

It is hard to overstate how bad Detroit's run D has been. The absolute worst in the league. 

Thoughts on starting Fournette in the ship?

he's going to get the volume, you'd have to have 2 really great RB's or great WR flex to keep lenny on your bench this week.

15 hours ago, iamkoza said:

he's going to get the volume, you'd have to have 2 really great RB's or great WR flex to keep lenny on your bench this week.

Where do you draw the line? His matchup is tempting but I'm not sure how to fit him into my lineup this week. Will save the WDIS but is he a top 10 play this week? 15?

2 hours ago, Ffguy0087 said:

Where do you draw the line? His matchup is tempting but I'm not sure how to fit him into my lineup this week. Will save the WDIS but is he a top 10 play this week? 15?

FWIW I follow a few of the better industry experts - Pat Fitzmaurice has him #12 STD and #11 0.5 PPR. Waiting to see what Koerner has to say tomorrow (he ranked Fournette a Mid-RB2 last week and it worked out). 

This all makes sense considering he dominated carries and had 1 more target than McCoy + Vaughn combined, and he's playing against a bottom 3 run D with the head coach, DC and some other defensive assistants possibly out.