NBC Sports Edge Forums

Looking to add a bench bat, probably Nick Solak or S. Castro. Who should I drop, B.Kintzler, S. Oberg or J. James. Like all of them but have no bench bats thoughts? Check out team if you think someone else would be a better drop, WHIR

Castro for Kintzler, I'll take his steady production over Solak's upside since he's got a guaranteed role and is a bench bat for you. Kintzler might hold the job, but Stanek and Boxberger loom, whereas Oberg will most likely keep it in the likelihood he ascends to the role following a Wade Davis collapse.

• Thanks 1

I'd agree that Kintzler's your drop. Oberg's a better pitcher and should see his way into the Saves picture soon enough. It's way too early to drop James, who's got the most upside of the 3. Then I think the pickup depends on your team needs (& how deep the league is): if you need consistency, go with Castro (plus there's a chance for a career year & he might end up closer to his ceiling than his floor; he seems like a great buy-low to me right now). If you need upside, go with Solak (higher ceiling than Castro).

Help here?

• Thanks 1
17 hours ago, hockeyfan77 said:

I personally like Solak better and I would drop Kintzler for him: also I would try and trade a bat for one more SP...Only weakness I see is SP

Would you trade Donaldson for Woodruff if you could move Muncy to third?