NBC Sports Edge Forums

Rob Gronkowski 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, dudewithabadcat said:

At some point the Brady to Gronk connection will kick in. It might be a few weeks flash in the pan but it will happen. That connection is undeniable and it is gonna come out of nowhere. Arians is crafting a bit of a false narrative here. Listen to what I say and don’t watch what I’m going to do. 

Gronk is gonna make a highlight reel or two busting the seam and catching a 20-30 yard TD. 

he is not startable right now. 

He might have a game or two where he blows up for multiple TDs but it won't be consistent and you will never know when to start him.

Bruce Arians being Bruce Arians. It is what we knew the whole time with his offense and TEs.  You will never get consistent production from a TE in his system as the offense isn't schemed that way.

Good luck to all.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The dude looked like he was falling apart in his last season. It’s like everyone just forgets how bad he was

4 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Head coach Bruce Arians said his offense isn't built for tight ends to see consistent targets. 

Arians, complimenting Rob Gronkowski's blocking prowess, is acknowledging what we've known for a couple weeks, as Gronkowski has caught two passes for 11 yards through two weeks. “We’re not throwing the ball 50 times to tight ends – that’s what we have receivers for [and] that’s the way our offense is built,” Arians said. “Gronk’s playing great run blocking in the fourth quarter, so I’m not concerned with his pass catches or his targets. ... We haven’t had that many red zone opportunities and I don’t see him running 40 yards past people anymore." Any hope for Gronk to get involved in the team's target tree has been squelched. The ghost of Gronk should be dropped in 12-team leagues. 

SOURCE: USA Today

For those still unsure re-read this line over and over again.

#FREEOJHOWARD

I can't wait for the day Howard is on a TE friendly team. Hope that happens one day.

I really don't buy the the notion that Gronk left retirement to block.  He left because of the physical toll the game had on his body.  What was the point in him coming back just to block?  If it is true it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

On 9/27/2020 at 9:43 AM, IDGAFOS said:

I really don't buy the the notion that Gronk left retirement to block.  He left because of the physical toll the game had on his body.  What was the point in him coming back just to block?  If it is true it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Money? 

2 hours ago, munygon2 said:

With the injury(ies) to Tampa WR’s, do we think Gronk is going to start getting a lot more targets?

Absolutely. He led the Bucs in both targets and receptions last week and was clearly more involved. Brady actually missed up him on a throw where he was wide open in the end zone too. Overthrew him by a yard or so, otherwise he would have had 20+ PPR points and would be getting a lot more mentions as far as waiver threads go.

• Like 1

The man literally said he was surprised he had four targets through two weeks, expecting zero, because he says came in to block.  No idea if this was sarcasm but it didn't seem so.  I think he'll get an uptick with Godwin out, but I don't think I'm expecting to trust him at any time in this Arians offense.

He also doesn't look too great on his routes in my opinion.  If I had to pick one of the old top two TEs having a continued resurgence I think I'd put my chips on Graham with Foles starting.  Will throw a last priority waiver at him with how bad my TE situation is, after going for Graham, but hoping it doesn't get to picking him up.

11 hours ago, CharlesCC2 said:

The man literally said he was surprised he had four targets through two weeks, expecting zero, because he says came in to block.  No idea if this was sarcasm but it didn't seem so. 

Yea the guy that loves WWE is going to be a real straight shooter in interviews.  If he gets 5+ targets a game the TD's will come.

12 hours ago, CharlesCC2 said:

The man literally said he was surprised he had four targets through two weeks, expecting zero, because he says came in to block.  No idea if this was sarcasm but it didn't seem so.  I think he'll get an uptick with Godwin out, but I don't think I'm expecting to trust him at any time in this Arians offense.

He also doesn't look too great on his routes in my opinion.  If I had to pick one of the old top two TEs having a continued resurgence I think I'd put my chips on Graham with Foles starting.  Will throw a last priority waiver at him with how bad my TE situation is, after going for Graham, but hoping it doesn't get to picking him up.

dude gronk is a clown...here clearly was being sacrcastic...as soon as he said that i was like i think he is going to go off this week...glad he didnt get a TD because the fantasy shows would have him as priority 1....gronk is guna gronk and it wont matter how crisp those routes are against an undersized linebacker with brady throwin him lasers

I mean it does come off as BS reading him say that.  And he immediately starts getting more targets after that and the Arians comments.  So things are definitely looking up for him.  I guess my main point of reluctance is Bruce Arians.  But we'll see.  Somebody has to step up with Godwin out.  Good luck to those who got him.

Edited by CharlesCC2
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, TwoCan Sam said:

Over 90% of the snaps AND a 6/48 line with a 7th catch that could’ve been a TD?

Get him on your bench now if he’s available...

I watched all his routes on NFL Pass for the last Sunday game and there were many times he was opened but Brady was being harassed. 

2 minutes ago, Illusion_J said:

Wow!  Looks like he was just being eased back in the first couple games which makes sense with him being out of football for a year, plus no pre-season.  And I just picked him up off waivers!  

• Like 1

Picked him up as a free agent.  Have a plethora of tight end options but I think Gronk is a valuable asset for anyone.  He's got the name value, snap count percentage and built in chemistry with Brady.  It also appears his role is becoming larger as he gets into better football shape and gets the Bucs' schemes down.