NBC Sports Edge Forums

Rob Gronkowski 2020 Outlook

8 minutes ago, leebattle said:

Pretty quiet in here for a guy that's gonna drop 9-120-3 on national TV.

2 RBs out, Godwin out, Evans and Miller Lite Q, OJ done. Brate? He the dude that had a good 6 games back in 2016 or something?

RoJo ain't gonna do much against the Bears defense. Brady's grandpa arm can't throw it more than 20 yds.

This is how legends are made 

The legend of Gronk existed years ago. 

Now he's chipping away at his career averages with old man syndrome. Should have stayed an analyst, or whatever it is he was doing. 

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The dude looked like he was falling apart in his last season. It’s like everyone just forgets how bad he was

2 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Now he's chipping away at his career averages with old man syndrome. Should have stayed an analyst, or whatever it is he was doing. 

Lol, just give us just 3 hours of hope

Deal with reality some other time

44 minutes ago, leebattle said:

Brady's grandpa arm can't throw it more than 20 yds.

Brady is leading the entire NFL in both completions that traveled 30+ air yards and in yards on deep passes this season.

• Like 1
On 10/7/2020 at 7:56 AM, FitzMagic said:

"If"? Arians' offense isn't designed for TEs other than for blocking. I'd be shocked if he did much of anything. I guess we will see tomorrow.

That would be relevant if Arians' had been coaching Brady or a Brady type at any point in his career.

6 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

100% correct. After watching the game, he got a good amount of targets and had some nice plays but his explosiveness is gone. One of these games he will blow up, just gonna be hard to predict when that will be

1 minute ago, the1gq2nvy said:

He use to be tom's red zone go-to guy. Now it looks like it always evans. His td appeal doesn't seem to be there. More targets today but I saw a ton of blocking. I don't think I saw him block once on patriots before.

He blocked a lot when he was asked to by the Hoody, broski.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

Big time. Not counting on crazy production but I am hurting on TE this year and may burn  #1 priority on him. He looked good.

If you are hurting at TE shoulda added him when he was a FA during the week. Hes not worth burning No.1

5 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

If you are hurting at TE shoulda added him when he was a FA during the week. Hes not worth burning No.1

I get what you’re saying, but I stubbornly can’t give up on Engram and Cook was on a bye. 

On 10/19/2020 at 1:24 PM, kmoore1521 said:

Agreed. Great bye week cover for those with Mark Andrews though, or even Ertz/Goedert given that both may miss this week. Can we really have faith in him ROS though?

28 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Agreed. Great bye week cover for those with Mark Andrews though, or even Ertz/Goedert given that both may miss this week. Can we really have faith in him ROS though?

Unlikely. This is a guy who realistically has been shot for a few years. He hasn't had a productive fantasy season since 2015. 

Bye week filler, I totally get it. But even with the likely targets and history with Brady he quite simply looks like Frankenstein out there. He's a TD dependent TE2. 

I'd prefer Irv Smith or Burton ROS, in terms of guys potentially on waivers (both on a bye). 

1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Unlikely. This is a guy who realistically has been shot for a few years. He hasn't had a productive fantasy season since 2015. 

Bye week filler, I totally get it. But even with the likely targets and history with Brady he quite simply looks like Frankenstein out there. He's a TD dependent TE2. 

I'd prefer Irv Smith or Burton ROS, in terms of guys potentially on waivers (both on a bye). 

Looked great on that TD catch last week

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Cliff notes?

Joking about Gronks personality?

Yes. He was on the Dan Patrick show this morning and DP asked how it is being around Gronk. He then used the elevator metaphor, was a pretty good one IMO. 

Just watched some of the highlights from last weekend's game and I am confused.  I keep hearing how slow Gronk is.  Well, the dude is banged up and older.  However, Gronk always loooooked a bit sluggish, dude is 6'7" and strides it out.  He made it to the back of that end zone pretty quickly last week....not sure what I'm smoking but Gronk looks like he might have a lot of juice left and could be emerging from knocking off all the rust.  Brady + AB + Gronk reemergence = Titles. 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Just watched some of the highlights from last weekend's game and I am confused.  I keep hearing how slow Gronk is.  Well, the dude is banged up and older.  However, Gronk always loooooked a bit sluggish, dude is 6'7" and strides it out.  He made it to the back of that end zone pretty quickly last week....not sure what I'm smoking but Gronk looks like he might have a lot of juice left and could be emerging from knocking off all the rust.  Brady + AB + Gronk reemergence = Titles. 

I'm not so sure AB helps Gronk. You'd guess Godwin takes the biggest ding but I'm not sure the presumed improved offense necessarily leads to Gronk eating more. You might simply be adding whatever AB produces.