Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are 2 games to go. How long should we wait. They and him are being way too conservative. Can this guy ever throw downfield. Everything is dink and dunk. He is not only unstartable but he is killing the value of Parker. I really hope he sits cause of this thumb injury. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Tua made a few nice plays in the Arizona game but overall, his decision making, especially under pressure, has been rookie-like.

I suspect Flores will cite the thumb injury as cover, but play Fitz because Fitz is clearly better at this point in time, and likely has the locker room behind him.

The Dolphins players want to win.  That's why Fitz played at Rosen's expense last year, and I see it happening again now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, nn4mz said:

The defense bails this dude out, man.  Not good for Parker owners (Granted, Parker can’t do much if he’s ejected).

I prefer Fitz on all levels.

On the flip side, he's awesome for us Gesicki owners! Keep Tua out there and feed big Mike!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty damn good day throwing to guys named Gesiki, Bowden, Hollins, Shaheen as your WRs and DeAndre Washington as your RB.

 

If this game showed anything at all it's that Tua looks pretty dang good in the shotgun, reading the defense. He was throwing lasers into coverage. 

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 weeks later...

Tua better start working yesterday. His rookie year frankly was a joke. Leave it to me to overdraft him in a dynasty while Burrow, Herbert were drafted lower and paid out. 

I'd be utterly shocked if the Texans were dumb enough to trade Watson for him regardless of what's coming back. IMO odds are he'll be back in MIA next year and may not even be the starter. That's how bad this was. Flores - who evidently is going nowhere (he's immune from any blame it seems even after benching the guy that was actually winning games, for Tua) - is Tua's coach. He likes seeing Tua run for 3 yard scrambles. He encourages it. So I don't think this dude has a future in the league, in short.

Edited by SuperJoint
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

Tua better start working yesterday. His rookie year frankly was a joke. Leave it to me to overdraft him in a dynasty while Burrow, Herbert were drafted lower and paid out. 

I'd be utterly shocked if the Texans were dumb enough to trade Watson for him regardless of what's coming back. IMO odds are he'll be back in MIA next year and may not even be the starter. That's how bad this was. Flores - who evidently is going nowhere (he's immune from any blame it seems even after benching the guy that was actually winning games, for Tua) - is Tua's coach. He likes seeing Tua run for 3 yard scrambles. He encourages it. So I don't think this dude has a future in the league, in short.

 

If you can't succeed with Chan Gailey as your OC in your rookie year, with covid, no training camp or preseason then you are obviously a bust and the organization should move on. 

 

Solid analysis. 

 

I'd rather exercise some patience and see what OC they hire and what WRs other than jakeem grant, Lynn bowden, Mack Hollins and sometimes Davante Parker they get for Tua to throw to. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article248464745.html

Quote

Grier said Tua Tagovailoa will be the starting quarterback for 2021, which suggests a long evaluation or deep exam of the starting quarterback position is either complete or not necessary.

And that caught the attention of at least three players within the team because they have told the Herald in recent days they didn’t see enough from Tagovailoa in 2020 to promise him, well, anything for next season.

“I understand what they said,” one player said. “But I don’t understand why.”

These players said they remain hopeful Tagovailoa will improve, but admitted he was not outstanding as a rookie, in their opinions.

"They remained hopeful", sure. I think this might be a translation of "he better f***ing improve" ;)

I'm on record as saying that Salguero (the beat writer) half the time doesn't know what he's talking about but in these kind of quotes, he usually catches it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article248464745.html

"They remained hopeful", sure. I think this might be a translation of "he better f***ing improve" ;)

I'm on record as saying that Salguero (the beat writer) half the time doesn't know what he's talking about but in these kind of quotes, he usually catches it.

 

Scaredy cat players won't put their names on their quotes. 🐈

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

If you can't succeed with Chan Gailey as your OC in your rookie year, with covid, no training camp or preseason then you are obviously a bust and the organization should move on. 

 

Solid analysis. 

 

I'd rather exercise some patience and see what OC they hire and what WRs other than jakeem grant, Lynn bowden, Mack Hollins and sometimes Davante Parker they get for Tua to throw to. 

You know I have the ultimate respect DHC, but having seen this game as long as I have - seen many rookies over the years - his season ranks in the bottom 5 of rookie "performances" at QB in their first season that I've seen. He was awful - "incompetent" at best. Ryan Leaf/Jamarcus Russell I can actually say were worse - Heath Shuler is probably another one, Andre Ware - I'm sure there were a few others not that it matters. 

Sure I understand the circumstances - but the aforementioned Herbert and Burrow were working under the same. Fitzpatrick was lighting it up with the likes of Parker, Grant et al. I'm not disputing your point that Burrow and Herbert have better weapons, but that is not all Tua's miserable stats can be attributed to imo. A competent (which is the minimum standard I'd hope a rookie can reach) QB - with his skills - could theoretically make stuff happen. That did not occur. This was a team that was competing for a playoff spot down the stretch while getting nothing from the QB. They easily would be in the playoffs all things being equal - except Fitz @QB rather than Tua. That is a fact imo.

For my part -  I'm stuck with Tua. I'm getting him at a good price in a dynasty next year but I'm not really that hyped about it. Like I said he has work to do.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm, Brady was drafted late and kept as 4th QB and described by his coach as a wasted roster spot to keep him active roster.  Didn’t play much at all as a rookie. Then earned back up duties second season. And we all know as fate would have it a late hit by a Jets dbag opened the door for a champion... a 6 time Super Bowl champion. 🤣 So I’d wait a bit more than first season to judge a qb. 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Hmmm, Brady was drafted late and kept as 4th QB and described by his coach as a wasted roster spot to keep him active roster.  Didn’t play much at all as a rookie. Then earned back up duties second season. And we all know as fate would have it a late hit by a Jets dbag opened the door for a champion... a 6 time Super Bowl champion. 🤣 So I’d wait a bit more than first season to judge a qb. 🙂

And Tua was drafted 5th overall as a Heisman QB. Apple here, orange there.

As long as we're comparing Tua/Tom Brady - I need to skim the record books for games by Brady - at any stage of his career - where he threw for 361 yards on 58(?) attempts with 1 TD and 3 picks. Or 20-26 for 145 yards and 1 TD. 

The allure to Tua was his legs in addition to arm. In 10 games played he had 36 rushes for 109 yards and 3 TDs. Not "alluring" imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

And Tua was drafted 5th overall as a Heisman QB. Apple here, orange there.

As long as we're comparing Tua/Tom Brady - I need to skim the record books for games by Brady - at any stage of his career - where he threw for 361 yards on 58(?) attempts with 1 TD and 3 picks. Or 20-26 for 145 yards and 1 TD. 

The allure to Tua was his legs in addition to arm. In 10 games played he had 36 rushes for 109 yards and 3 TDs. Not "alluring" imo.

You could research Brady’s rushing prowess too! 🤪🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...