NBC Sports Edge Forums

Oddsmakers had this game at SF -8 before the news that Jimmy G would be back and Mostert might too...

I'm thinking that we're a couple bad Fitzmagic picks away.

Edited by JE7HorseGod
  • Like 1
  • Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Oddsmakers had this game at SF -8 before the news that Jimmy G would be back and Mostert might too...

I'm thinking that we're a couple bad Fitzmagic picks away.

This guy was born to throw a football.

When he comes in all pass catchers will get a boost, Gesiki, Parker, Ford, and Williams.

Tua progresses through reads so he shares the ball but if he builds trust with a guy like Parker or Gesiki they can be a dangerous duo or trio.

Gesiki is severely underutilized thus far.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

When he comes in all pass catchers will get a boost, Gesiki, Parker, Ford, and Williams.

Tua progresses through reads so he shares the ball but if he builds trust with a guy like Parker or Gesiki they can be a dangerous duo or trio.

Can't wait to see Tua. Invested in him pretty heavily in Dynasty superflex leagues, and i'm hoping that will start to pay dividends soon

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Tua progresses through reads so he shares the ball but if he builds trust with a guy like Parker they can be a dangerous duo.

I remember.  I'd think prior to the hip injury most analysts would have said he was the best QB prospect they'd seen in a long time.

I'm excited to see what he can do.  Drag about the left tackle getting hurt, but this team does have some weapons, you're right.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I remember.  I'd think prior to the hip injury most analysts would have said he was the best QB prospect they'd seen in a long time.

I'm excited to see what he can do.  Drag about the left tackle getting hurt, but this team does have some weapons, you're right.

Now we are talking. Trent Folder said that Tua's accuracy coming out of high school was on par with Aaron Rodgers when he as coming out of Cal and entering the draft 👀

He has been enveloped in hype since the day that he was born and other than the hip injury he has exceeded all expectations. 

If you liked what Burrow and Herbert have done so far you are gonna love watching Tua.

Just seeing the Dolphins sling it all over the field Dan Marino style would be a sight for sore eyes.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Lefty QB, they'll be alright

sloppy edit my bad lol

Edited by lolcopter
  • Like 2
13 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I think you're right, but it should be noted that if you take away his terrible Week 1 (which I acknowledge isn't fair to do) Fitzpatrick is on a prorated pace of:

4283 yards passing, 21 passing TDs, 11 INTs

Which would've been 6th most passing yards last season—so I wouldn't expect significantly more yardage out of Dolphins pass catchers than the last 3 games, though TDs could certainly come up a bump.

The crazy part to me was in the last 3 games, Fitz is also on a pace of:

517 yards rushing, 11 rushing TDs

Fitz is way too old to be part of the Dolphins future plans (I think I heard last week when they played Seattle he's the only guy on the roster over 30), and Tua WILL replace him at some point this season because of that, but he has absolutely played well the last 3 weeks.

13 minutes ago, MrCantaloupe said:

OMG, the Dolphins play Herbert in week 10. Right or wrong, there's gonna be a media shitstorm. Get your popcorn ready.

spacer.png

I’ve been thinking about that as of late, so many upcoming questions. If Fitz starts to be the turnover machine like he does every year in the next game or so, do the Dolphins replace him with Tua? Is there a short leash with Fitz if he does crap the bed soon? Are the Dolphins willing to risk playing Tua week 10 if Fitz does does poorly beforehand, to show the Chargers they made the right decision? Or will they tuck their tail and back down and roll with Fitz? I’m hoping Tua gets his shot real soon, Fitz is old news but is playing well. Also know that Dolphins play Bengals week 13.....should definitely be interesting if Tua gets a nod soon....GetYaPop🌽Ready

18 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

I’ve been thinking about that as of late, so many upcoming questions. If Fitz starts to be the turnover machine like he does every year in the next game or so, do the Dolphins replace him with Tua? Is there a short leash with Fitz if he does crap the bed soon? Are the Dolphins willing to risk playing Tua week 10 if Fitz does does poorly beforehand, to show the Chargers they made the right decision? Or will they tuck their tail and back down and roll with Fitz? I’m hoping Tua gets his shot real soon, Fitz is old news but is playing well. Also know that Dolphins play Bengals week 13.....should definitely be interesting if Tua gets a nod soon....GetYaPop🌽Ready

Fitz starts of strong every single year, it’s Fitzmagic this & that and then November hits and it becomes Fitztragic.

All due respect to Fitz, he’s a pro’s pro and has had a pretty remarkable career as a stopgap guy, but he’s not going to suddenly figure out how to string together 16 good starts at age 37. 

It will be Tua time soon. Not a matter of “if”, but “when”.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Dolphins were so dominant vs. SF that I have to imagine Fitz has at least another 1.5 games of guaranteed starts. I imagine he will play well vs. the Jets, then the week 7 bye, then maybe he faceplants vs. LAR; if he follows that up with struggles in the first half vs. ARI, I could see Tua maybe getting the nod in the second half of the week-9 game at the earliest, which could then lead to a fun showdown vs. Herbert in week 10.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Vendetta said:

The Dolphins were so dominant vs. SF that I have to imagine Fitz has at least another 1.5 11 games of guaranteed starts. I imagine he will play well vs. the Jets, then the week 7 bye, then maybe he faceplants vs. LAR; if he follows that up with struggles in the first half vs. ARI, I could see Tua maybe getting the nod in the second half of the week-9 game at the earliest, which could then lead to a fun showdown vs. Herbert in week 10.

tenor.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
28 minutes ago, MrCantaloupe said:

OMG, the Dolphins play Herbert in week 10. Right or wrong, there's gonna be a media shitstorm. Get your popcorn ready.

spacer.png

The law of diminishing returns is gonna render this "sitting and learning" thing redundant. It's best they play Tua in 2020 while reduced crowd noise is still a thing and his mentor, Fitzpatrick (contract year), is still on the team and can help him prepare and make midgame adjustments.

The problem for Tua is the team is 2-3 with a lot of very winable games coming up on their schedule:

Week 6: NYJ (winable)

Week 7: BYE

Week 8: LAR

Week 9: @ARI (winable)

Week 10: LAC (winable)

Week 11: @DEN (winable)

Week 12: @NYJ (winable)

Week 13: CIN (winable)

Week 14: KC

Week 15: NE

Week 16: @LV

Week 17: @BUF

If Fitz keeps winning, can the team justify sitting him for Tua? And if they can't, don't they gotta consider going to him sooner than later?

spacer.png

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, BUFbuf_BUFbufbuf_bufBUFbuf said:

The law of diminishing returns is gonna render this "sitting and learning" thing redundant. It's best they play Tua in 2020 while reduced crowd noise is still a thing and his mentor, Fitzpatrick (contract year), is still on the team and can help him prepare and make midgame adjustments.

The problem for Tua is the team is 2-3 with a lot of very winable games coming up on their schedule:

Week 6: NYJ (winable)

Week 7: BYE

Week 8: LAR

Week 9: @ARI (winable)

Week 10: LAC (winable)

Week 11: @DEN (winable)

Week 12: @NYJ (winable)

Week 13: CIN (winable)

Week 14: KC

Week 15: NE

Week 16: @LV

Week 17: @BUF

If Fitz keeps winning, can the team justify sitting him for Tua? And if they can't, don't they gotta consider going to him sooner than later?

spacer.png

I see this being a Alex Smith/Kapernick situation real quick, Fitz gets knocked out of game and Tua runs with it.

I don't understand why they didn't put Tua in for a series or two at the end of the SF game. Why not let him get his feet wet? 

Meanwhile, Burrow has started since day one, and Herbert gets thrown in minutes before kickoff a few weeks ago and has since unseated the starter. 

Are the Dolphins afraid he's gonna get hurt? Do they feel he's not ready mentally? I don't get it. 

8 minutes ago, The G Man said:

I don't understand why they didn't put Tua in for a series or two at the end of the SF game. Why not let him get his feet wet? 

Meanwhile, Burrow has started since day one, and Herbert gets thrown in minutes before kickoff a few weeks ago and has since unseated the starter. 

Are the Dolphins afraid he's gonna get hurt? Do they feel he's not ready mentally? I don't get it. 

Brian Flores is Tua's daddy and is afraid of him getting hurt.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, The G Man said:

Worst case scenario, they fumble the snap or something and the media overreacts to a small sample nothingburger. Best case scenario, Tua simply hands the ball to his RB, and the team still has a media circus to deal with all week. Good coaches don't put their teams in positions to become distracted.

• Like 1